WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Taxes

RodnJen

Reaction score
Below is an opinion piece about the history of income tax and the effect of the Trump tax scheme. You may not like the opinion but facts are facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/06/opinion/income-tax-rate-wealthy.html

“For the first time on record, the 400 wealthiest Americans last year paid a lower total tax rate — spanning federal, state and local taxes — than any other income group, according to newly released data.

But the second half of the 20th century was mostly a victory for the low-tax side. Companies found ways to take more deductions and dodge taxes. Politicians cut every tax that fell heavily on the wealthy: high-end income taxes, investment taxes, the estate tax and the corporate tax. The justification for doing so was usually that the economy as a whole would benefit.

The justification turned out to be wrong. The wealthy, and only the wealthy, have done fantastically well over the last several decades. G.D.P. growth has been disappointing, and middle-class income growth even worse.”

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Here’s a couple of facts for you, Rod.
2018 I finally didn’t owe taxes to the feds.
And, I’m not a wealthy person.
Infact I’m probably considered the lowest of middle class.

Here’s another fact.
Most of the customers of the companies I work with cater to the middle and upper middle class of the country.
And, they’re going all MAGA and shit right now. :)

Here’s another fact.
I’ve never been employed by the poor.
Or the middle class.
Only by people with money.

I want those people to continue to have money.
So I can make some from them.
So they can make money from the other people. Who make money from other people and get to cater to others...to make money.

I spend some money at Am/PM, and the grocery store.
A low level AMPM person has a job.
The union grocery store employee makes a buck.
The guy with the donut shop makes a buck.
And he spends it Starbucks.
The Starbucks person made a buck and spends it at the grocery store.
One of those grocery store employees goes and buys a new car from xyz car dealership.
The guy that owns that car dealership comes and buys a new boat.
And the circle is complete..

Pack that in your liberal pipe and smoke it:)

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Below is an opinion piece about the history of income tax and the effect of the Trump tax scheme. You may not like the opinion but facts are facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/06/opinion/income-tax-rate-wealthy.html

“For the first time on record, the 400 wealthiest Americans last year paid a lower total tax rate — spanning federal, state and local taxes — than any other income group, according to newly released data.

But the second half of the 20th century was mostly a victory for the low-tax side. Companies found ways to take more deductions and dodge taxes. Politicians cut every tax that fell heavily on the wealthy: high-end income taxes, investment taxes, the estate tax and the corporate tax. The justification for doing so was usually that the economy as a whole would benefit.

The justification turned out to be wrong. The wealthy, and only the wealthy, have done fantastically well over the last several decades. G.D.P. growth has been disappointing, and middle-class income growth even worse.”
Opinion? What are you, GMAC2?

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Here’s another fact.
Most of the customers of the companies I work with cater to the middle and upper middle class of the country.

Here’s another fact.
Or the middle class.

So they can make money from the other people. Who make money from other people and get to cater to others...to make money.

One of those grocery store employees goes and buys a new car from xyz car dealership.

The government makes far better decisions as to who should get our money and how much they should get.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Here’s another fact.

Here’s another fact.
Or the middle class.

How many car dealerships and grocery stores are there in your community vs when we were kids?

Well crafted response. Doesn’t address the issue, but we’ll done.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
How many car dealerships and grocery stores are there in your community vs when we were kids?

It’s not just car dealerships and grocery stores, Rod.
You miss the point.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
And. It’s just my “opinion”, Rod. :)

RodnJen

Reaction score
It’s not just car dealerships and grocery stores, Rod.
You miss the point.

You are right, it is much more than that. It is easy to look back on what we think, and likely were, better times. When you put things into the context of tax structure, things were drastically different.

The modern, preferred thought is that we can’t prosper in a restrictive tax environment. History tells us otherwise. Do we want or need 70% tax rates, no. Do we need meaningful and effective tax reform, yes.

Glad you had a great year, so did I.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
You are right, it is much more than that. It is easy to look back on what we think, and likely were, better times. When you put things into the context of tax structure, things were drastically different.

The modern, preferred thought is that we can’t prosper in a restrictive tax environment. History tells us otherwise. Do we want or need 70% tax rates, no. Do we need meaningful and effective tax reform, yes.

What should the top rate be for a guy that makes say...150K a year?

RodnJen

Reaction score
What should the top rate be for a guy that makes say...150K a year?

Fools argument. Rates don’t mean shit without addressing write offs and loopholes. That goes for w-2 employees and business owners alike.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Fools argument. Rates don’t mean shit without addressing write offs and loopholes. That goes for w-2 employees and business owners alike.
Loopholes? Do tell!
I have a few write offs.
Wouldn’t mind learning some loopholes:D

RodnJen

Reaction score
Loopholes? Do tell!
I have a few write offs.
Wouldn’t mind learning some loopholes:D

You have more than a few. Unfortunately, people like you may get caught up in the latest efforts to end 1099 abuse. Your skill set is the perfect example of someone who should subcontract with multiple employers. You may be the victim of unintended consequences. There are plenty of employers abusing the system. Unfortunately you may pay the price.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score

It's well... :D

500bbc

Reaction score

More

Fucking Idiot

530RL

Reaction score

Here’s another fact.

Here’s another fact.
Or the middle class.

All good points.

However, if one supports a President that grows government spending, debt and deficits at rates higher than even previous liberal administrations, like Trump has, your points become meaningless when the Country goes broke and the system disappears.

There are consequences for supporting big government, big spending President’s like Trump. And one of them is the eventual failure of the above.

So why do you support a President whose actions will eventually lead to the demise of the system you eloquently outline above?

It doesn’t make any sense?

wzuber

Reaction score

Now was that so hard to say???haha

As yours/my taxes increase, we as individuals have less discretionary income to spend on the "things that make life more enjoyable/worth living", $$ for investments to secure or enhance our individual positions in life, send our kids to college or help them along in life to become bigger/better PRODUCERS than we are etc., not simply existing. It's no different for the wealthier classes of society only they out spend us significantly (2,3,4,+++/1?) thereby providing that much more demand for "stuff" which requires more people to make/build, stock, distribute and sell etc. hence, trickle down. Increasing the tax BURDEN on the makers/shakers and higher spenders negatively effects the quality of life on the poor as well, probably even more, as the continued increase in TAX BURDEN only serves to increase the costs of EVERYTHING.. LIFE.. SUSTAINING.. THING.. and as a result the massively increasing #'s of the poorest of society will never likely make enough to buy their way into even the lower/middle class level of society. (a basic home for example) Most of the poor will remain there because simply put, that's all their WILLING or ABLE to do, is just subsist on the backs of the upper classes. How many of those do we really need?
Those of us that have worked hard, sacrificed, scratched and clawed our way to the elevated positions that we have obtained as individuals, families etc. are EXTREMELY RESISTANT to "somebody else in the world" be it the state/fed. gov't or some group/s such as the democratic party type minded people such as yourself, telling US what to do with the FINANCIAL RESOURCES we have worked so hard to CREATE. In that CREATION PROCESS we have employed, provided, supported, helped and GIVEN and or DONATED to many along the way. That's why most/many of us CREATORS so vehemently oppose you, the gov't and any/all other groups from telling us what we should do with what we have worked so hard to CREATE.

wzuber

Reaction score
Nice statement... very simple and clear maybe even the formally educated ones can understand. lol

Inhibiting this is like cutting the head off to spite the body.....everything else dies as a result.....
and that's what excessive tax burdens essentially do.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Rod, if you are so worried about all of this you must refuse your refund and/or write a check to to government above and beyond what you owe every year, right?

You certainly would not skirt you state tax obligations by storing your boat at your CA home for part of the year... :rolleyes:

RodnJen

Reaction score

RodnJen

Reaction score
Now was that so hard to say???haha

As yours/my taxes increase, we as individuals have less discretionary income to spend on the "things that make life more enjoyable/worth living", $$ for investments to secure or enhance our individual positions in life, send our kids to college or help them along in life to become bigger/better PRODUCERS than we are etc., not simply existing. It's no different for the wealthier classes of society only they out spend us significantly (2,3,4,+++/1?) thereby providing that much more demand for "stuff" which requires more people to make/build, stock, distribute and sell etc. hence, trickle down. Increasing the tax BURDEN on the makers/shakers and higher spenders negatively effects the quality of life on the poor as well, probably even more, as the continued increase in TAX BURDEN only serves to increase the costs of EVERYTHING.. LIFE.. SUSTAINING.. THING.. and as a result the massively increasing #'s of the poorest of society will never likely make enough to buy their way into even the lower/middle class level of society. (a basic home for example) Most of the poor will remain there because simply put, that's all their WILLING or ABLE to do, is just subsist on the backs of the upper classes. How many of those do we really need?
Those of us that have worked hard, sacrificed, scratched and clawed our way to the elevated positions that we have obtained as individuals, families etc. are EXTREMELY RESISTANT to "somebody else in the world" be it the state/fed. gov't or some group/s such as the democratic party type minded people such as yourself, telling US what to do with the FINANCIAL RESOURCES we have worked so hard to CREATE. In that CREATION PROCESS we have employed, provided, supported, helped and GIVEN and or DONATED to many along the way. That's why most/many of us CREATORS so vehemently oppose you, the gov't and any/all other groups from telling us what we should do with what we have worked so hard to CREATE.

My favorite quote regarding Reagan-era econ.

“Trickle-down economics, in its pure form, was never tested. It's just as likely that massive government spending ended the recession.”

https://www.thebalance.com/trickle-down-economics-theory-effect-does-it-work-3305572

RCDave

Reaction score
Ignore Rod. Taxes to him are akin to crack to a crack who're. Tax ocd is a mental disorder. Seek help. Lol

JBS

Reaction score
But yet....due to Trump's tax cuts.....tax revenues are at an all time high. :rolleyes:
It appears jealously has bitten you square in the ass. :cool:

I cannot find one source that backs this claim. If you sending spending that I can find :eek:

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I cannot find one source that backs this claim. If you sending spending that I can find :eek:

Look a little harder...and take a look at the Obama years :p

upload_2019-10-11_16-16-21.png

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s-federal-government-tax-revenue-3305762

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
LOL That "growth" is less than inflation. Plus for 19 it's estimated

Try and stay focused......the "fact" I posted and you disputed was that of Trump achieving record tax revenues and that fact STANDS!....hell, even 2018 was a record year (not estimated).......if you want to be a 530 and use Pretzel logic and twist this into a debate about inflation ....I know 530 would be Proud:D

US_Government_Combined_Tax_Revenues_From_All_Major_Sources_2016_2018.png

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Try and stay focused......the "fact" I posted and you disputed was that of Trump achieving record tax revenues and that fact STANDS!....hell, even 2018 was a record year (not estimated).......if you want to be a 530 and use Pretzel logic and twist this into a debate about inflation ....I know 530 would be Proud:D

hahaha I've got you now!!!!!!!.........................................
9nCH.gif

JBS

Reaction score

You are so right. That increased tax revenue would support the government for about an hour Winning!!!!!

Trump does a good job about making us feel good. As far as real fiscal policy he is losing.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
You are so right. That increased tax revenue would support the government for about an hour Winning!!!!!

Trump does a good job about making us feel good. As far as real fiscal policy he is losing.

Can't even admit when you fucked up..............................
LMAO 70's show .gif

You truly are Turdy's nut swinger. :confused: :confused: :confused:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
All good points.

However, if one supports a President that grows government spending, debt and deficits at rates higher than even previous liberal administrations, like Trump has, your points become meaningless when the Country goes broke and the system disappears.

There are consequences for supporting big government, big spending President’s like Trump. And one of them is the eventual failure of the above.

So why do you support a President whose actions will eventually lead to the demise of the system you eloquently outline above?

It doesn’t make any sense?

can you name a president who has not done the same thing already? congress writs the spending bills and then the best we get is a .gov shutdown to get maybe a couple little things changed and the big spending goes on.

530RL

Reaction score
can you name a president who has not done the same thing already? congress writs the spending bills and then the best we get is a .gov shutdown to get maybe a couple little things changed and the big spending goes on.

I agree with your point that Trump is just another big government, big spending politician.

Part of the problem, not any part of the solution.

That has been my repeated point that no one wants to accept until you.

500bbc

Reaction score

Team Turdy!

brgrcru

Reaction score
I agree with your point that Trump is just another big government, big spending politician.

Part of the problem, not any part of the solution.

That has been my repeated point that no one wants to accept until you.

Yes and for three years , we have been hearing the same bullshit from you . But also for three years we have asked 100's of times . "who is your president ? " that isn't going to spend like crazy .

Come on Dan , spit it out .

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes and for three years , we have been hearing the same bullshit from you . But also for three years we have asked 100's of times . "who is your president ? " that isn't going to spend like crazy .

Come on Dan , spit it out .

They all spend. What we need is one that spends an delivers, Trump ain’t it.

JBS

Reaction score
What were need is one that DOESNT spend. Taxes aren't the problem. Nasty social spending is

Have you lost your mind? Trump spending is good spending. Record spending is making America great!!!

RodnJen

Reaction score
Well, that brought out the he crickets. Lol

Not worth my time. But now that there are two shit for brains responses...

Everyone knows the United States has an illegal immigration problem, one that didn’t occur overnight. A worthless graphic does nothing to address the issue. Some might call it an epidemic, and I agree.

The reality is that everyone wants to campaign on their version of immigration but nobody wants to solve it or come up with a better system. Republicans have ignored it for years in fear of being perceived as unfriendly to business. Democrats use it as a way to champion for social justice in the hopes of rallying votes.

The current administration is the perfect example of a P.T. Barnum pitch where lots of MAGA hopefuls stood in line to cast a vote for something that never happened.

Just so you know, the only people talking about open borders are the ones who voted MAGA and are left with nothing but their dick in their hands.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Everyone knows the United States has an illegal immigration problem, one that didn’t occur overnight. A worthless graphic does nothing to address the issue. Some might call it an epidemic, and I agree.

The reality is that everyone wants to campaign on their version of immigration but nobody wants to solve it or come up with a better system. Republicans have ignored it for years in fear of being perceived as unfriendly to business. Democrats use it as a way to champion for social justice in the hopes of rallying votes.

The current administration is the perfect example of a P.T. Barnum pitch where lots of MAGA hopefuls stood in line to cast a vote for something that never happened.

Just so you know, the only people talking about open borders are the ones who voted MAGA and are left with nothing but their dick in their hands.

Pay back getting to ya? :)

LMAO 70's show .gif

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Lol... so the only people talking about open borders are Trump Voters? So then we all just must be in the dark. I guess none of the Libturd politicians have been blocking that wall going up, or stopping deportation efforts, or protesting ICE... lol... come on man, you're better at this than that. At least try get some of the facts straight here.

Reality is the WALL and IMMIGRATION have been the rally cry for both parties since the election. It has been fought against by the Libturds just as hard as their idiotic Russia Russia Russia bullshit. You know how that one ended right?