WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF is up with GAS PRICES?!

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
How many taxes do voters need to approve, until they realize that their government can never have enough money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They’d say more is always better, then they’ll provide us with some BS excuse for where the extra taxes i’ll go. Remember we’re stupid and can’t see through their shenanigans.
When the +57% of the voters is on the government doll, those of us that are paying will be left paying...

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
How many taxes do voters need to approve, until they realize that their government can never have enough money?

what sucks is that people vote for things like the gas tax, and then add a bill to add to the funds for highway repair because there isnt enough money to maintain our infrastructure... only for the gov to take the original gas tax and move it off to some bs climate research. so there was enough money or do we just not care about roads? dino blood or batteries cars gotta roll on something...

https://www.ksro.com/2019/10/08/gov...der-to-leverage-billions-from-states-gas-tax/

you'd think people would understand throwing money onto a fire doesnt work...

73beast

Reaction score
California gas prices soar above $4, reaching the highest price in five years

Gasoline prices have spiked in California, soaring well above what most Americans are paying at the pump. In some locations, Californians are paying $5 for a gallon of gas.

A number of refinery outages tightened gas supply in the market. The average price of regular gas in California rose to $4.18 a gallon, the highest level since May 13, 2014, according to the Oil Price Information Service, which gathers data for the AAA.

California's gas prices are the most expensive in the United States: The national average is currently $2.65 a gallon.

Most motorists around the country are noticing gas prices declining or stabilizing, which is normal for autumn. Gas prices typically drop after the busy summer driving season, AAA said. But that trend hasn't taken hold on the West Coast this fall.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/business/california-gas-prices/index.html
Filled the rental van at the Costco in Maui, saturday before leaving...$3.27 a gallon...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Such BS. I had a huge fight with my wife about the gas tax on election day. Her argument was that the roads needed the work. My argument was we already pay the highest gas taxes in the country and we need to spend the money for what it was meant for. We just had another huge fight because I was right...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Such BS. I had a huge fight with my wife about the gas tax on election day. Her argument was that the roads needed the work. My argument was we already pay the highest gas taxes in the country and we need to spend the money for what it was meant for. We just had another huge fight because I was right...

Haha you can bank on Sacramento raising gas taxes again in the name of “Road Improvement”. For what we pay in fuel taxes every road should be smooth as butter, but I’m seeing the same pot holes from 10 years ago.:mad:

The vast majority of Californians are Sheeple! The problem with those who voted to keep the gas tax last election also approved that they no longer require a popular vote by the people to increase the tax. Mind Blowing!!! SMH

Singleton

Reaction score
Haha you can bank on Sacramento raising gas taxes again in the name of “Road Improvement”. For what we pay in fuel taxes every road should be smooth as butter, but I’m seeing the same pot holes from 10 years ago.:mad:

The vast majority of Californians are Sheeple! The problem with those who voted to keep the gas tax last election also approved that they no longer require a popular vote by the people to increase the tax. Mind Blowing!!! SMH

Those folks I know that voted yes, that was the first thing I highlighted ‘popular vote not needed’.
They would challenge me on that, I would pull out the legal summary and highlight how that was buried in the text. Ever person said, I am used to voting No on tax increases, so I did not read and voted no.
The state rigged this measure to trick people!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

If they actually fixed any roads, they wouldn’t have leverage to extort taxpayers.

Backlash

Reaction score
I guess there is still a yuge demand for fuel even with all of the electric Teslas and other Hybrid-electric cars rolling around. Not to mention the fact that our vehicles are the most fuel efficient they've ever been. :rolleyes: Gotta love Commiefornia. :mad:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We are double that in NorCal

That is nuts. Roads in TN are great and I have a place in the boonies. Gas tax here is 21.4 cents and goes into a separate fund. General fund cannot be used for roads and gas tax cannot be used for general fund.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I wonder how they are all doing now with the power shut-off in some areas to prevent wild fires.

I guess there is still a yuge demand for fuel even with all of the electric Teslas and other Hybrid-electric cars rolling around. Not to mention the fact that our vehicles are the most fuel efficient they've ever been. :rolleyes: Gotta love Commiefornia. :mad:

boatpi

Reaction score
The refinery shutdown is that even affected the gas price in Las Vegas has gone up about $.40 in the last week. Like 3.30 now, The diesel is still about 290.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Currently in my town gas is $1.50 per liter CDN. If you convert that to per gallon and USD. Gas here is $5.68 per gallon. Hence why I fill up in Lynden, WA!

73beast

Reaction score
tumblr_pz2ufrdQYA1yolbaso1_1280.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I love looking at the gas buddy prices for Burbank as well as Paso Robles..... And then looking at the prices here in Tucson. And I laugh and laugh some more. Lol!

$4.10 there....... $2.55 here.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Sun Valley California on the corner of Tuxford and Glenoaks...
C8D7484F-7177-4B83-A8B2-36E6691DAA06.jpeg

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

hawgty55

Reaction score
Not sure why California is still climbing but its been dropping here in north texas after a spike from the iran deal . Lake worth Texas and there are several stations in this area at this price. Not like an arco vs Chevron deal. 67 and sunny today.
20191012_145425.jpg

Mikes56

Reaction score
I just got back from Utah. Gas prices were cheap there, the roads were great and the people were really nice. I drove my Can Am on the roads too.

You don't realize the restrictions California has until you go somewhere else. I gotta get out of California, I get pissed when I think about it!

HCP3

Reaction score
$3.00 for diesel in Parker over the weekend. $3.89 in Anaheim this morning.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I went to Las Vegas last weekend. I decided to top off my tank at State Line but holy shit, gas was $5.00 a gallon. I said bullshit, drove to the other side of the 15 freeway and saw the same prices. Hell, I could get cheaper gas in Needles, Ca!

What is going on in that little hell hole?

nameisbond

Reaction score
My gas in now $1.57 CDN per liter. Converted to USD and gallons. I'm paying $5.94 per gallon. In Vancouver gas is more, they have an extra transit tax, that we don't have out here. There converted to USD and gallons its $6.17 per gallon. Vancouver pretty much always has the highest fuel costs in North America.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I paid this yesterday in SoCal..my little secret station. :p Diesel was $3.20.
20191021_152754.jpg

Next nearest station was at least 50.c more.

77charger

Reaction score
I heard this on my way to work. What a fucking idiot! Go look in the mirror asshole, your party is the one that did it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thing is this is how the dems point the finger away from themselves and the people believe it(well atleast their voters do)

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I was paying this in Germany yesterday per liter.

Not bad, I remember paying almost $9 per gal when I did my BMW euro delivery years ago. Of course I was using 100 octane.

4809187A-A002-4B6D-83CA-FB5373E4A66C.jpeg