WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cactus RV - When the house of cards falls..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How much for the can am :):)

51,999. Take it home Friday night at the rdp Regatta. :) Tell me quick though because I gotta get another one built before the sand and water expo.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When the dealer or manufacturer offer you free storage with the purchase...RUN! That's how they play the "game" The flooring companies send an inventory checker around monthly to verify inventory (car dealers, motorsports dealers, exc) if the product isn't on location they need to pay up. They usually dont come around checking on the weekends when most use their boats so if the dealer stores it for you, it's there next week when the floor checker comes around! They can float the deal for awhile! Dealers in AZ are required by law to hold title (MCO) of the items they are selling even if its floored. So a cash buyer should walk out with said MCOs at purchase! I feel bad for people who get caught up in this crap! I've seen it far too many times with boat/car dealers!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They are required to have a copy of the title. They aren’t required to have the original.

The consignment dealers (shady ones mostly) will tel people it’s a law for them to sell the boat they need the title on hand. It isn’t true. That was one of the way OCM Tim got as far as he did is he would tell people that and show them the code.. but if you read it carefully it doesn’t say that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My buddy was down there last night and there was nothing inside but a couple motors left. There was a guy there last night along with a security guard.

The remaining inventory was being picked up this morning.

riverroyal

Reaction score
That new solo owner that was so pleasant on here must be doing a thorough remodel.

Sucks for employees. They won’t be seeing their last paychecks.

HCP3

Reaction score
That new solo owner that was so pleasant on here must be doing a thorough remodel.

Maybe that's why he is too busy to post.

warlock250 was last seen: Today at 12:36 PM

guest hs

Reaction score
They are required to have a copy of the title. They aren’t required to have the original.

The consignment dealers (shady ones mostly) will tel people it’s a law for them to sell the boat they need the title on hand. It isn’t true. That was one of the way OCM Tim got as far as he did is he would tell people that and show them the code.. but if you read it carefully it doesn’t say that.
I refuse to take an actual title on a consignment boat. I make sure they bring in both a title for the trailer and boat, I make a photo copy of them put them in a file and send the owner back home with the originals until the day of the delivery we let the boat go.

Bradsrvrtoy.

Reaction score

On the contrary Dave. Licensed dealers in Az who own or floor the merchandise are required by law to hold the mco. (Be the owner of said property) I bet money the can am dealer you went to had the machines on flooring and had the mso on hand.

Consignment is a whole different deal...that's an agreement between the owner of the vehicle and the guy listing it for sale. Consignment and flooring dont go together it's either on consignment and not owned by the listing seller or on flooring and owned by the seller. For consignment NEVER turn over the titles without payment! The owner of the vehicle maintains ownership until the broker finds a buyer.

Consigners never own the property. They just get a fee for doing the work of selling/refurb someone else's property with the permission from the owner of the property. Dealers love consignment as they can show inventory and not be out of pocket for it. Plus they make money on the sale.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score

A buddy of mine has a friend that works there. He said they were shutting down for two weeks and then they would re-open. I asked my buddy what were they going to sell there isn't any boats there? :(

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_7705.JPG

5 boats and 2 or 3 bare trailers left.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I was so close 2 months ago to pulling the trigger there. Talk about feeling relieved...and at the same time resigning to not doing it at all since i was on the fence on a toon anyway! lol

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
So all this 2019 inventory is going to need to be sold I assume. I remember the days of Magic's being liquidated (I know times are different) and wonder if there will be an opportunity of a great deal on a toon.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
So all this 2019 inventory is going to need to be sold I assume. I remember the days of Magic's being liquidated (I know times are different) and wonder if there will be an opportunity of a great deal on a toon.

Completely different. The dealer went out of business, not the manufacturer. It will just be shipped to another dealer and warranties and everything else will still be honored.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Ad just posted on RiverWhips . Blowing out the 2019 inventory. If the toon bubble was slowing down already now flood it with deals.

hallett21

Reaction score
Did most of this inventory sit all summer in the parking lot or were these newer deliveries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The haulers must have worked all night.The parking areas in back of mall also trailers & toons waiting for rigging.If anyone looking for new tubes,several stacked up in back,no doubt for sell somewhere in town today.

Funny they have replacement tubes / toons.........
I posted this a while back, warning of Cactus:

My buddy bought a coach toon from there before summer last year. He needed some insurance repair work when he caught on the water in that big monsoon last October, and the boat got beat up while loading on the trailer at windsor - Pontoons got hammered. Cactus kept the boat for 3 months, couldn't even give an estimate to the adjuster...so he spoke to the owner of Coach, yanked it and had Coach authorize to take it to a 3rd party for repairs. Skips prop shop ended up installing the new toons that were supplied by Coach. Cactus sure as hell wasn't able to do it. Those are probably somebodys tubes that Cactus couldnt install.

guest hs

Reaction score
I just drove by only thing left out front are some used boats. Probably trade ins I would assume.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Now I have nothing to look at when I go to Kirklands for the smelly pouches for my vacuum!:p

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't think the powers that be should have ever let a boat business take over a parking lot anyway.:rolleyes:

Well maybe custom boats.:D

DLC

Reaction score
JR is going through design of the new super store & service center
Boat & RV

They have been planning this for a while
Now

DLC

Reaction score
Not sure but probably trying to make bigger money or something to sell and cash out....

Only Jim knows.

He is a full on RV dealer and also has the boats for sale

He is doing pretty good, actually quite well as he started out selling used cars and a few boats

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
The interest rate doesn't increase but the dealer has curtailments which requires them to pay down on the principle balance, thus reducing the risk to the flooring company of slow moving inventory.
Exactly!!!

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
I guess selling 54 toons per month there according to a well known member here just wasn't enough to keep the doors open and the toons on the ground in the parking lot. I'm wondering if they were sending out forged fraudulent titles also to those that paid cash. I would certainly do some research to verify the piece of paper they gave you is authentic and no lien is outstanding.
I doubt that they even sold 1/2 of that... it’s still a Business, and it’s not an easy one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not sure but probably trying to make bigger money or something to sell and cash out....

Only Jim knows.

He is a full on RV dealer and also has the boats for sale

He is doing pretty good, actually quite well as he started out selling used cars and a few boats

From where they were to where they are is mind blowing.. he’s doing very very well.

Reactions: DLC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anyone working inside there???? (cactus rv in havasu)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If I had time I’d drive over there today for ya.. if my morning wraps up quickly I will, but being I am a month plus behind on work I kinda doubt it

DLC

Reaction score

Saturday there was a couple people moving around inside and outside the store, also had a couple white trucks hooked up to trailers parked outside. Maybe moving displays inside, don’t know for sure. They had 3 boats out Frt and 6-8 logs/toons out back.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty amazing to see that much inventory evaporate that quick..

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
A few weeks ago when I was there, a haunted house was advertised in the other building..is it open? Or any good? Off topic I presume but the grandson wanted to go.:D
On the other hand, I guess it’s a scary thread for those involved.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On the contrary Dave. Licensed dealers in Az who own or floor the merchandise are required by law to hold the mco. (Be the owner of said property) I bet money the can am dealer you went to had the machines on flooring and had the mso on hand.

Consignment is a whole different deal...that's an agreement between the owner of the vehicle and the guy listing it for sale. Consignment and flooring dont go together it's either on consignment and not owned by the listing seller or on flooring and owned by the seller. For consignment NEVER turn over the titles without payment! The owner of the vehicle maintains ownership until the broker finds a buyer.

Consigners never own the property. They just get a fee for doing the work of selling/refurb someone else's property with the permission from the owner of the property. Dealers love consignment as they can show inventory and not be out of pocket for it. Plus they make money on the sale.

What's the code #?

Saw you at Fox's the other day, but I was sitting on a bar stool and it's a pain in the ass for me to get up and walk around.. LOL

RD