WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Last Alaskans

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Started to re-watch this series again this week and the scene of Bob teaching his young Husky about traps was pretty interesting.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I'm ok with roads, and Von's a couple blocks away! :D

Not to mention central heat and AC. :p

Makes you wonder how the settlers did it, and not all that long ago. Tough life for even tougher people. Respect.

I agree 100%. For the vast majority were definitely a lot softer as a society. I’m pretty sure I would die if I had to trap my own food just to survive, lol.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I met Himo (sp) in Fort Yukon in 2012?? I was there staging, before a Dall Sheep hunt. He's the real deal

brooks 033.jpg

Last edited:

poncho

Reaction score
I agree 100%. For the vast majority were definitely a lot softer as a society. I’m pretty sure I would die if I had to trap my own food just to survive, lol.
Friend of mine said the other night, take a look at schoolyard pictures going back 50 years to present....half the kids today are overweight.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We don't watch this show. However, we do watch "Alaska the Last Frontier" and "Life Below Zero"

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
We have watched a fwe episodes of "The Last Alaskans". We prefer the "Alaska the Last Frontier" and "Life Below Zero". We cannot stand Alaska Bsh People.

Even the Filchers are a bit phony and contrived for TV. They live not far from Ninilchik. I have a pal who runs 5 Halibut boats and is a hunting guide that lives there. He said to me that it is not uncommon, at all to see the Kilchers in town buying groceries or whatever.

Conversely, guys Heimo live pretty much 100% off the grid and independent of commercial support.

But I get it, I to watch "Alaska the last Frontier" and enjoy it.