WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

5th wheel toy hauler help.....help me spend my wife’s money. [emoji23]

dirtyduner

Reaction score
Our current is a garage model. I know that’s not preferred for most. But we have 4 teenage reasons for wanting a separate garage. [emoji23][emoji23] I like the bowling alley rigs and if it were jsit my wife and I we would be all over that. The only toy we actually “haul” is a golf cart and on occasion a rhino. We basically a are buying a 2 bedroom 2 bath mobile
Home [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally get it, i will have 4 teenagers at the same time pretty quick here and I am sure I will feel the same way. I would definetely try to find one with 2 sitting areas though! too many garage models out there with a single couch.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
No we are not. Just brows the site from time to time. Has the 3317VXL been extended for 2020 models?
yessir, we just got a bunch in that aren't posted yet. We have 1 or 2 with auto level right now that will probably go pretty quick though. If you have any questions shoot me a text or call though, even if you don't buy from RW im more than willing to help and I have a genesis myself. 480-721-7949

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
View attachment 806025 View attachment 806026
Over 35% off is what we got. Actually a little closer to 40%.
Some on the RDP board have contacted me they got the same.
Painted doesn't fade like the decal models do.
Wife reminded me they told us 9 to 12 week wait when we ordered it, it was built and delivered in 3 weeks. Sales must be tanking.
w57UyIr.jpg

5000 trouble free miles. Only mulligan is the flood light switch turns on the porch light, the porch light switch turns on the flood. Not bad. They'll fix that first service.
Ordered a matching color truck from Jay,, strike is holding that up.
18' Garage with 4 beds/2 dinettes and a big screen.
N6LaSIV.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, why the portable generator when the trailer has its own? I’ve seen many many people carry them, just never asked.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, why the portable generator when the trailer has its own? I’ve seen many many people carry them, just never asked.

I can't speak to his reasons, but my father in law would bring a small gen that can run most of the systems in the RV and it would sip fuel compared the onboard one and be a lot quieter since he could put it 100ft away on an extension cord.

Reactions: TPC

dirtyduner

Reaction score
I use a honda 2000 even though my rig has an onan 5500. I fill it before we go to bed, run the heater in the evenings and then dont have to worry about my batteries dying over night. Its nice to have some power other than 12v power and not have to fire up the big gen. I also put mine as far away from the trailer as possible so I dont have to listen to it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Can't see running a 5.5 Onan burning 7 to 10 gallons a day to run the Refrig and maybe the TV when you can run a 3500 Predator that burns 2 gallons. We are usually out for 7 to 10 days so do the math.

Predator 3500 will run the whole RV and one AC and a crock pot.. Anymore than that we run the Onan.
The Predator strung out on a 50' cord is way, way quieter too.

You have cheap throw away sacrificial anodes on your boat to save your expensive drive. Predator is a cheap sacrificial generator to save the expensive Onan.

Last edited:

dirtyduner

Reaction score
I can't speak to his reasons, but my father in law would bring a small gen that can run most of the systems in the RV and it would sip fuel compared the onboard one and be a lot quieter since he could put it 100ft away on an extension cord.
this^^^

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Can't see running a 5.5 Onan burning 7 to 10 gallons a day to run the Refrig and maybe the TV when you can run a 3500 Predator that burns 2 gallons. We are usually out for 7 to 10 days so do the math.
Predator 3500 will run the whole RV and one AC and a crock pot.. Anymore than that I run the Onan.
The Predator is way quieter too.

You have cheap throw away sacrificial anodes on your boat to save your drive. Predator is a cheap sacrificial generator to save the Onan.

Sweet. Makes sense

Meaney77

Reaction score
Arent they referred to as Ego Blasters or something like that?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I use a honda 2000 even though my rig has an onan 5500. I fill it before we go to bed, run the heater in the evenings and then dont have to worry about my batteries dying over night. Its nice to have some power other than 12v power and not have to fire up the big gen. I also put mine as far away from the trailer as possible so I dont have to listen to it.
We have six 6 volts batteries in excellent new condition, and by morning running the heat and refer all night they are spent with no generator.
We have a Honda 2200 in the bed of the truck that we usually loan to others in our group that have no generator or theirs puked and it works great.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Arent they referred to as Ego Blasters or something like that?
Can't be proud and run Horror Freight. If you hide it from your friends they'll find it and and call you out as a poser.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I am proud of my Horror Freight Ego Booster/Blaster!! I believe @2FF loves them too!
Kinda funny I was running it at the Morongo Free RV parking a couple weeks ago. 103F and it was quietly keeping the RV cool.
Wife and I stepped out of the trailer and we walked by it to the truck.

I was telling the wife how good I thought it was. Then the Predators wheel lock started rattling like the alarms of hell then the wheel lock flew apart nuts and screws and the little red tipped lever grenaded and came flying out from underneath.
I tried to fake my pride. "Well, if it's serious, it's still in warranty".

It's got real quiet since, to hell with the wheel lock.

ramos45

Reaction score
Can't be proud and run Horror Freight. If you hide it from your friends they'll find it and and call you out as a poser.

F that man. Those HF 3500 for the price are the shit and I'll argue that with any Honda owner. That said I've since sold the 3500 and picked up a Honda 2200. This allows me to run AC on boat and will still power the 13.5BTU AC in trailer. The 3500 was too big to carry on boat.

outboard_256

Reaction score

I use it to run a car battery charger during the day to charge all my 6v batteries then run stuff off the inverter at night. A gallon of gas in my Honda 2000 last me about 6-8 hours of run time. I use the big generator for a/c and microwave.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
It helps with resale too, and overall the Honda is cheaper to run and maintain.

I use my Honda 2000 and I can go 10 hours on eco mode. All night. Cell phone is charged. Go pro is charged. Watch tv. Ect.... maintenance on the Honda is 10 bucks compared to 25 or 50 on the Onan.

then when it comes time to resell trailer I’ll have no hours on the main unit and that helps too

dirtyduner

Reaction score
We have six 6 volts batteries in excellent new condition, and by morning running the heat and refer all night they are spent with no generator.
We have a Honda 2200 in the bed of the truck that we usually loan to others in our group that have no generator or theirs puked and it works great.
lol we have like 4 2000s we run throughout our camp and everyone daisy chains to them to keep batteries charged.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How much longer will those teenagers be going? Another 8-10 trips over a couple years? That's all I got to say about going this big...o_O:confused:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
How much longer will those teenagers be going? Another 8-10 trips over a couple years? That's all I got to say about going this big...o_O:confused:

We have a 10 year old granddaughter who’s already starting to bring friends so I don’t see that changing. Same thought we had with the current trailer.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We have a 10 year old granddaughter who’s already starting to bring friends so I don’t see that changing. Same thought we had with the current trailer.

I don't know your whole situation but I just wanted to throw that thought out there. Time flies and things change faster than we expect.:cool:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know your whole situation but I just wanted to throw that thought out there. Time flies and things change faster than we expect.:cool:

Agreed. Originally we planned on being in a pusher by now.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We “camp” on average 50+ days a year. We use the shit out of our trailer. Wife actually asked me if when we get the new trailer can we do a trip with just us. We have only done one in 7 years.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
After what you guys went thru with that wreck and all involved,this is great.Awesome set up. Enjoy.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Nice trailer. Congrats.

So, did get 35-40% off msrp like others said is possible?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Nice trailer. Congrats.

So, did get 35-40% off msrp like others said is possible?

119k was Msrp. We paid $80k otd.

I did add 5year bumper to bumper warranty and ceramic coat for $6k

So we ended up at $86k

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I went with 3 way. I think it’s a better option.

I agree. Unless they come out with some affordable, badass batteries that'll run the entire trailer for 2 days straight including a residential fridge, a 3 way makes WAY more sense for any desert camping.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
I went with 3 way. I think it’s a better option.

I agree. Unless they come out with some affordable, badass batteries that'll run the entire trailer for 2 days straight including a residential fridge, a 3 way makes WAY more sense for any desert camping.

No matter how you look at it a 3 way is always better.:p:D

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
F that man. Those HF 3500 for the price are the shit and I'll argue that with any Honda owner. That said I've since sold the 3500 and picked up a Honda 2200. This allows me to run AC on boat and will still power the 13.5BTU AC in trailer. The 3500 was too big to carry on boat.

The inexpensive inverter HF's and Champions fall down when you look at what the lash inspection intervals are -
The early ones had 50 hour inspection intervals and a few have gone to 100 but remain well shy of the honda and yamahas intervals - of course most simply blow that off..

UD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Where do you camp? Any beach camping with a 43ft length?

Mainly ocotillo wells and vail lake. Don’t believe there is but on 7 years we never beach camped so it’s not a concern

Cdog

Reaction score
Mainly ocotillo wells and vail lake. Don’t believe there is but on 7 years we never beach camped so it’s not a concern

yeah that's the bummer for us. Would love that set up but I need 13ft garage for the race car and 40 or under for beach camping. We're doing Silver strand in SD over New Years. My bud Chad has a 43 length travel trailers 5th. We'll see how it works out at that length.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
After what you guys went thru with that wreck and all involved,this is great.Awesome set up. Enjoy.

Definitely changed our perspective. Makes you realize our time on the spinning ball is limited so might as well enjoy it

Done-it-again

Reaction score

pretty easy to run a residential fridge with solar panels and a couple of batteries. Combined that with the gen auto start, or running a small Honda gen your good.

the rv fridges always have a issue keeping cool in heat. To help, you need to run a couple of 12 volt fans to blow on the coils at the back of the unit to get the heat to transfer.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Congrats....That thing is nicer than my house......will you adopt me baller? :D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
pretty easy to run a residential fridge with solar panels and a couple of batteries. Combined that with the gen auto start, or running a small Honda gen your good.

the rv fridges always have a issue keeping cool in heat. To help, you need to run a couple of 12 volt fans to blow on the coils at the back of the unit to get the heat to transfer.
I prefer to be able to not have to rely on a generator to do my RV camping. And I've been in the desert many of times when solar panels wouldn't have done a damn bit of good. All those are great to have, but I prefer to not have to rely on them to keep my food cool.

And if it's not enough that a 3 way fridge wont keep cool without a fan, I'm running the A/C so the generator would be running at that point anyways

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Bitter sweet cleaning out the old trailer. Lots of memories and amazing trips done in this thing. Hopefully the next family enjoys it as much as we did.
Hard to believe how much stuff we had in there. My garage is packed.
5B1C3595-79A6-41B8-B521-88135F066FC3.jpeg
46D31CD1-0249-4CB9-A4BD-824B4041379F.jpeg
EED88698-E0E1-4F05-9B51-33CB630467E5.jpeg

66E2F536-EC7C-40F5-8107-C671E7D5B7E6.jpeg