WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

50% off select Dewalt power tools @ Home Depot

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I also just picked up a new 20v DeWalt SawZall so I could toss my old 18V DeWalt into the trash. Marketing geniuses, damn them.

wzuber

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, there is some tempting offers there, however, without having recently shopped those prices it appears there is some pretty good deals (10"/15 amp table saw for instance) but the retail price on several of the items seems way inflated to me so the "discounted price just appears to be a market retail price.... IDK....The 2 pack battery specifically for example or the 6-1/2" circular saw.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
20v recip saw = $119
20v recip saw with 4 amp battery =$129

Xring01

Reaction score
I am doing my best not to buy some stuff...

Nordie

Reaction score
I only have one Dewalt power tool, and it is that portable table saw, that price is a smoking good deal. It came out of the box with the fence square and it folds up insanely nice. I'm pretty sure I paid around $540 at Lowes for that same setup. Plus I really like the rack and pinion fence vs the traditional style, it's fast and accurate. Rest of my tools are all Makita as far as cordless power tools go.

wzuber

Reaction score
I only have one Dewalt power tool, and it is that portable table saw, that price is a smoking good deal. It came out of the box with the fence square and it folds up insanely nice. I'm pretty sure I paid around $540 at Lowes for that same setup. Plus I really like the rack and pinion fence vs the traditional style, it's fast and accurate. Rest of my tools are all Makita as far as cordless power tools go.

@Nordie (or anyone else using that particular tool)
interesting..how well does the motor handle a heavy load, say like ripping a full sheet of 3/4"+ plywood and having a little bind along the way from line correction etc. Or 45* miter ripping a 4"x4" length?

Nordie

Reaction score
20190205_160111.jpg
@Nordie (or anyone else using that particular tool)
interesting..how well does the motor handle a heavy load, say like ripping a full sheet of 3/4"+ plywood and having a little bind along the way from line correction etc. Or 45* miter ripping a 4"x4" length?
I've never had a problem with 3/4 ply at all, I do still have the ribbing knife on it though. I had to rip a bunch of 2x4's down to 2 1/2" and it would bog down and sometimes pop the breaker. The 2x's were pretty wet and twisted though. The dust collector comes off easily for cleaning, but I usually hook up my shop-vac with a bag inside (easier to throw away for a home gamer like me). It's a great saw and folds up nice and compact for my garage.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Iv'e switched to Makita for my cordless stuff but still run corded Dewalt.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Home depot in Torrance the prices are less than most those advertised. The 20v framing nailer and Brad nailers are $50 less than that add on sale.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, there is some tempting offers there, however, without having recently shopped those prices it appears there is some pretty good deals (10"/15 amp table saw for instance) but the retail price on several of the items seems way inflated to me so the "discounted price just appears to be a market retail price.... IDK....The 2 pack battery specifically for example or the 6-1/2" circular saw.
Dealt makes an adapter so you can run a 20volt battery in an 18 volt tool:D

wzuber

Reaction score
View attachment 806730
I've never had a problem with 3/4 ply at all, I do still have the ribbing knife on it though. I had to rip a bunch of 2x4's down to 2 1/2" and it would bog down and sometimes pop the breaker. The 2x's were pretty wet and twisted though. The dust collector comes off easily for cleaning, but I usually hook up my shop-vac with a bag inside (easier to throw away for a home gamer like me). It's a great saw and folds up nice and compact for my garage.

good to know..thx

NicPaus

Reaction score
Was just at HD and looked. They have a new 20V line out called Atomic. Offering a free battery with purchase. Not all tools available yet in new Atomic series looks like they lowered the price on others and once gone will be replaced by Atomic.

I almost bought the new 4" Atomic skills for $149 but the free battery is just a 2 amp hr although they claim battery is worth $80. Will check out Lowes tomorrow see if they got new Atomic series in.

lf2

Reaction score
What i was told is the atomic lineup is Dewalts entry level 20v. 20v max is the premier lineup.

braindead

Reaction score
Was just at HD and looked. They have a new 20V line out called Atomic. Offering a free battery with purchase. Not all tools available yet in new Atomic series looks like they lowered the price on others and once gone will be replaced by Atomic.

I almost bought the new 4" Atomic skills for $149 but the free battery is just a 2 amp hr although they claim battery is worth $80. Will check out Lowes tomorrow see if they got new Atomic series in.

Is Atomic part of Dewalt or HD?

DWC

Reaction score
Is Atomic part of Dewalt or HD?
It’s Dewalt’s compact line. It’s smaller, lighter with same power. It’s meant to compete with Makita’s black series.

rrrr

Reaction score
I also just picked up a new 20v DeWalt SawZall so I could toss my old 18V DeWalt into the trash. Marketing geniuses, damn them.

Mine quit working last week, it was almost 20 years old. Good timing for a new one.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I screwed up - I shoulda bought that table saw before it was "sold out"