WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why the fuck does L.A. have not one but two NFL teams?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Watching the games today, the Rams game (in L.A.) looked like a home game for the Niners and the Chargers game (in L.A.) looks like a Pittsburgh game. There has never been a fan base for the NFL in LA. What did they think changed?

JD D05

Reaction score
Watching the games today, the Rams game (in L.A.) looked like a home game for the Niners and the Chargers game (in L.A.) looks like a Pittsburgh game. There has never been a fan base for the NFL in LA. What did they think changed?

I don't know but the Niners look good. Not Super Bowl good but a playoff win maybe good.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

the rams need to stay, chargers should go to boseman Montana

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You ever been to a Yankee, Red Sox, Cowboy game on the road. Same thing happens.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I don't know but the Niners look good. Not Super Bowl good but a playoff win maybe good.
I'm hoping the Niners go all the way because I get paid! Made this bet before the season started.

IMG_1430.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Yep, every year for the last 20 or so. Usually put $20 thinking it's a long shot but this year I put $40...wish I would have done a hundy.

They look good. I think they are lacking a offensive weapon mainly a WR and experience. But you never know.

KevinR

Reaction score
I’ve been to two Chargers game at the field they play at. Both times 50% or more were visiting team fans. Tonight with Pittsburgh in town it looks like more. It only seats 27,000.

I really wonder how Charger fan attendance will be when they move into the new full sized arena. Seems the loyal base from San Diego are not coming north to the games yet.
My bet it will be ugly to own Chargers stock.

termiteguy

Reaction score
I’ve been to two Chargers game at the field they play at. Both times 50% or more were visiting team fans. Tonight with Pittsburgh in town it looks like more. It only seats 27,000.

I really wonder how Charger fan attendance will be when they move into the new full sized arena. Seems the loyal base from San Diego are not coming north to the games yet.
My bet it will be ugly to own Chargers stock.
Went 2 years ago to see the chief's play yep the stadium had a lot of red in it probably 60%

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What do you mean? :)
I heard it on the radio I don’t know how many times?

The Toyota Rams...

Apparently America doesn’t own them anymore.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
49ers are looking good...(they are my first team since the rams left LA many years ago.) but they have some hard to beat teams left to play...
but I got my back up team green bay...lmao
f n brady will probably get another ring.. nice job but f that team ..
P.S we only watch if we got nothing else to do.. so boating and desert stuff takes priority

Last edited:

BajaMike

Reaction score
Once spanos sells the team I will buy a ticket not until then.

Too bad the NFL can’t fire an owner. 59 years of bad management and they thought moving to LA would solve all their problems.

And I will never root for the Lambs, ever since Georgia moved the team and also ruined Eric Dickerson’s career.

I got the Raiders and Saints, and will pull for any team playing against the Chokers and Lambs.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
The seats are painted red
Illusion that it's full of --
Any team wearing red
I'll admit it was probably
3-1 9ers to ram fans yesterday
Can't wait till the new House is ready

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Aside from the NFL supporting BLM which condones killing Cops, you have 4.3 mil. LA residents, 9 mil. LA County residents, around 3-4 mil. Inland Empire OC residents with plenty of them willing to drive an hour or more to see NFL games.
Remember , a lot of them will come to watch the opposing team play these teams.

Nowhere in the the CONUS do you have this big a population that will buy tickets. It’s a business, the Dodgers are the top grossing revenue team for a reason: population, plain and simple.
The NFL is gambling on the same scenario and from working standby Bomb Team the last 3 seasons for the Rams, I’d say they were right.
You have to go to the coliseum to see how many people show up. I’d wager it’s not a fad.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Grads, you're mistaken. There is a HUGE market for the NFL in southern California. Now, the teams we have down here suck but a bunch of people don't really care. They are happy football is back in southern California.

rickym20

Reaction score
I’m not sure the home team owner cares who buys the seats. Money in the bank either way but probably not selling too much team apparel.

K-DOG

Reaction score
I was the biggest Charger fan when they were in San Diego. Now I root against them because they moved. Loved seeing them lose at home to a 3rd string QB. It looked like a Steeler home game!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I was the biggest Charger fan when they were in San Diego. Now I root against them because they moved. Loved seeing them lose at home to a 3rd string QB. It looked like a Steeler home game!

I tried really hard to pick a new team. Just couldnt do it. Chargers have oline problems again. Rivers has had no time for thr last three weeks.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Pretty hard to have a fan base of any home team in LA when they have moved so many times and have been completely gone for over 20 years. Plenty of fans still have a bad taste in their mouth for the Rams after they left and the way that ding bat Georgia ran the team. It will take TIME for the current ownership to build a strong local fan base.

The chargers...... Well almost nobody remembers when they were originally the LA Chargers so that doesn't help. Along with...... It's the Chargers. Their entire season is almost always like the Dodgers in October. Starts with various levels of promise but ALWAYS ends up deflating....... Like Brady's balls.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
Pretty hard to have a fan base of any home team in LA when they have moved so many times and have been completely gone for over 20 years. Plenty of fans still have a bad taste in their mouth for the Rams after they left and the way that ding bat Georgia ran the team. It will take TIME for the current ownership to build a strong local fan base.

The chargers...... Well almost nobody remembers when they were originally the LA Chargers so that doesn't help. Along with...... It's the Chargers. Their entire season is almost always like the Dodgers in October. Starts with various levels of promise but ALWAYS ends up deflating....... Like Brady's balls.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

You need a deflated ball when you have that many rings on your hand.

HCP3

Reaction score
The problem with LA is that not many people are native to LA. Lot's of people moved here and brought their favorite team with them.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is the wrong team(s) landed in Los Angeles.
I'd venture to guess the Coliseum would be filled if the silver and black had bargained their way in. But alas, big money(rams owner) and a money grab(spanos) are there instead.:rolleyes:
Sure is nice watching some young players win a golf tournament for their first time instead of tormenting myself with the NFL.

flyingcolors

Reaction score
same problem with the Dodgers during the postseason the past few years

minijeep

Reaction score
As a Steelers fan that goes to at least one game a year. I have never seen any away game like it! It was crazy! Even games at hienz field had a better percentage of opposing teams fans. It also
Happened in SD but nothing like last night. even the cooling fans were in black and gold! Lol
IMG_6538.JPG
IMG_6537.JPG

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
It was a home game for both the 9ers and Steelers. Lol

RCDave

Reaction score
Soooo. How about them Oakland raiders. The haven't been decent for DECADES

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
As a Steelers fan that goes to at least one game a year. I have never seen any away game like it! It was crazy! Even games at hienz field had a better percentage of opposing teams fans. It also
Happened in SD but nothing like last night. even the cooling fans were in black and gold! Lol View attachment 807228 View attachment 807227

Very cool that you went.

The Chargers players and fans are pissed and calling for someone in the stadium to be fired because they played the song Renegade (Styx) which is a song played at home at Heinz Field to fire up the fans and team.

Very, very strange that it was played at the "Chargers' field"

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Steelers

I'm no NFL fan but my Captain sure is. She's divorced, no kids, goes to every Steelers game home or away (flight city) She's buying a condo next year in Pittsburgh close to the stadium for the home games. I"ve seen some hard core female Dodger fans but not NFL female fans to that degree, lol.