WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone get an Apple Card yet?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It’s such a cool credit card and the application process is insane! You go into the wallet app and the only thing you do is click apply, take a picture of the front and back of your license and then 20 seconds later (I shit you not) the card is in your wallet. That’s it. The whole process took about a minute for a card with a $12.5K credit limit. Got the actual card about a week later and my phone told me it was on my doorstep. The card is metal with no numbers on it.

Heylam

Reaction score
Any annual fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
There are many cool features. The cash back on it is pretty damn good usually 2-3%. As soon as it's swiped you get a notification, you can lock the card with a push of a button, I'm forgetting a whole bunch of stuff right now. Still amazed that the process only took a minute to get it. People trip when you use it....I've never not had someone say something about the card when they pick it up.

Last edited:

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Got it the day it came out. Ordered the metal card as well. Only used it once, to buy my daughter a new iPhone pro max last month. You get 3% back when used on apple products. Rebate was just under $34.

BingerFang

Reaction score
There are many cool features. The cash back on it is pretty damn good usually 2-3%. As soon as it's swiped you get a notification, you can lock the card with a push of a button, I'm forgetting a whole bunch of stuff right now. Still amazed that the process only took a minute to get it. People trip when you use it....I've never not had someone say something about the card when they pick it up.

Does it sound too good to be true?

BajaMike

Reaction score
It’s such a cool credit card and the application process is insane! You go into the wallet app and the only thing you do is click apply, take a picture of the front and back of your license and then 20 seconds later (I shit you not) the card is in your wallet. That’s it. The whole process took about a minute for a card with a $12.5K credit limit. Got the actual card about a week later and my phone told me it was on my doorstep. The card is metal with no numbers on it.

Are you sure its real? Can you go into the Apple Wallet, click on the Apple Card, then “More Information”, and then send us a screen shot of the card number, expiration date and security code?

GRADS

Reaction score
Are you sure its real? Can you go into the Apple Wallet, click on the Apple Card, then “More Information”, and then send us a screen shot of the card number, expiration date and security code?
Yeah hold on a second.:D

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I get 5% back on my chase Amazon card.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
How do you purchase stuff online? You still writing checks and mailing them?
I have a visa debit card on my business account. I don't like to spend money I don't have. The only thing I can think of that I do that resembles a line of credit is my revolving account at Rim Forest Lumber and I pay that off every month.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

So its just like every other credit card? All cards now can be locked by phone, texts with purchases.

Oh wait its apple, so you probably have to buy an adapter to use it?

And then it freezes everytime you try to use it?

And every time you open the card it needs an update?

No thanks. LOL

GRADS

Reaction score
I have a visa debit card on my business account. I don't like to spend money I don't have. The only thing I can think of that I do that resembles a line of credit is my revolving account at Rim Forest Lumber and I pay that off every month.
We have a debit card as well but I hate using it online or in shady places because of our balance in our checking and savings accounts. I've had cards hacked many times and I'd rather have them hack a credit cars than drain my savings.

Kenny D

Reaction score
Where do you think this money comes from???....

gqchris

Reaction score
The Amex i've had for quite a while now is a metal card with no numbers on the front.

anyway fock apple. :p

Same here. Amex Platinum started the craze. Now every joe blow is releasing metal cards.

599$ a year annual fee keeps most of the cheap asses out of the Amex club. Lol

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score

I always get my $599 fee out of the card every year.

$15 a month Uber = $180 a year
$200 Airline Fee Credit
Saks Fifth Ave Credit: $100

Thats $480 right there. Not even started adding in the Airport Lounge entries benefit. All the Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise and Marriot stauses. And the Hotel Fine Resorts bennies. NO brainer in my book if you travel often.

https://upgradedpoints.com/amex-platinum-card-benefits

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Post was too long to read.
Apple. Bla Bla Bla

GRADS

Reaction score
To who???
:D
All the best...

engaged-shot-gun-wedding-demotivational-poster-1258713600.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So this is accepted everywhere like visa & master card etc?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

Have you tried buying a Tesla?
Go to the web site. A few clicks and you’ll be prompted to enter CC info.
Yea, it’s that easy to buy a $50,000 car. Don’t ask me how I know.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I always get my $599 fee out of the card every year.

$15 a month Uber = $180 a year
$200 Airline Fee Credit
Saks Fifth Ave Credit: $100

Thats $480 right there. Not even started adding in the Airport Lounge entries benefit. All the Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise and Marriot stauses. And the Hotel Fine Resorts bennies. NO brainer in my book if you travel often.

https://upgradedpoints.com/amex-platinum-card-benefits
Don't forget things like free rental car insurance, doubling the manufactor warranty on electronics( saved my butt more then once) and by far the best fraud unit out there.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I’ve had one since beta. As a credit card it’s perks ain’t the greatest. Security wise honestly I think it’s worse than any of my other cards. There’s no way to do travel reporting. Their customer service sucks as Apple has a call center as a middle man to Goldman Sachs. My card just stopped working for no reason. Called in and they said they’d get back to me. Never did. Suddenly started working again. You only get 1% using the card. 2% if you Apple Pay. But I can get that using any other card.

Apple isn’t in the finance business. They’re in the business of selling phones. As soon as you get your finances involved in their ecosystem it’s that much harder to switch to another phone brand.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
How’d they pull that without hooking up with a large CC company? Or did they?

What’s typical interest rate on an 800 credit score?

The card is tied to Goldman Sachs, interest rate is between 12.99 percent and 23.99 percent based on your credit score. My credit score hovers around 800 and I'm at 12.99% with the Apple card. Like most, I have a CC for emergencies and convenience and try my best not to spend what I don't have.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I have too many cards, don't need another one. Have Canadian cards for Canada and American cards for the USA. Its sometimes a pain to manage them.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I also don't like spending money I don't have. That said, I don't like putting my bank account out there for the card skimmers and other thieves to take their best shot at. I use my credit card on everything that I can. I didn't like the idea of paying of a huge number every month at first, so I would pay off whatever I spent at the end of the day every day. Eventually, I just started paying it at the end of the month. I still don't like paying the large bill, but I've come to realize that I'm just paying my daily expenses like I would with my debit card without as much risk to my actual money in the bank.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I mostly use my debit card in Canada. We have chip and pin, so its near impossible for a card to be skimmed here.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So what I'm hearing is Apple took ideas from other card companies, repacked them and are selling it as a "new" card? Huh..... Shocker
How’d they pull that without hooking up with a large CC company? Or did they?

What’s typical interest rate on an 800 credit score?
I thought I remember hearing the merchant has to accept Apple pay for it to work which would make sense.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Apple isn’t in the finance business. They’re in the business of selling phones. .
Not true at all, Apple makes way more off thier investments then they do off thier phones. I personally worked on 17 million dollar projects funded 100% by Apple. Ms is the same. They put out so much money into the market place I am shocked it took this long for them to start a credit card