WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Making a Change

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Alright RDP, time for me to make a change. I put in my 2 weeks notice with Liberty today and was subsequently walked off the premises. I was planning on telling everyone that you have 2 weeks to get final policies set up/ask final questions but I guess that is out of the question now.

I want to thank each and every one of you who has trusted me with helping with your insurance. If you have any future questions or want to purchase any future policies, please don't hesitate to touch base and I can send you to some of my trusted former coworkers who can take care of things for you.

@RiverDave I don't have access to my work email so please have your office girl send me whatever final balance I owe for the advertising.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Might want to change your sig line. Good luck for a prosperous future.

DWC

Reaction score
Good luck on your next adventure Kevin

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
prt_280x188_1553118225.gif

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Best of Luck to you. I’ve been making some changes myself over the past few years. It’s always good to try something new.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Alright RDP, time for me to make a change. I put in my 2 weeks notice with Liberty today and was subsequently walked off the premises. I was planning on telling everyone that you have 2 weeks to get final policies set up/ask final questions but I guess that is out of the question now.

I want to thank each and every one of you who has trusted me with helping with your insurance. If you have any future questions or want to purchase any future policies, please don't hesitate to touch base and I can send you to some of my trusted former coworkers who can take care of things for you.

@RiverDave I don't have access to my work email so please have your office girl send me whatever final balance I owe for the advertising.

Wasn’t it just a few months ago you said you had your best quarter ever etc? Just curious why you would bail when everything looked like it was going great from the outside?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Wasn’t it just a few months ago you said you had your best quarter ever etc? Just curious why you would bail when everything looked like it was going great from the outside?

Yeah Q2 was great for me but things started changing not long after that so I had to make a change. Leaving on good terms, just an opportunity I've been wanting.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Good luck. At least you got a 2 week paid vacation:)

gqchris

Reaction score
Something wacky is going on with insurance companies right now. Rates are all over the place. Something is on the horizon for sure.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Good luck with your new venture. I gotta ask, for all your Liberty Mutual clients do we get a complimentary taser?

Please pm me your suggestion for a trusted agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Good luck with the new gig.

Insurance is great residual income, not a lot of sales jobs out there that are like that.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Good luck with the new gig.

Insurance is great residual income, not a lot of sales jobs out there that are like that.

Companies are moving away from paying commission on renewals. Most make $$$ on new business and bonus's based on monthly performance.

It kind of sucks in a environment where you watch tv and see 400 commercials a day or look on the internet and it's the #1 thing along with injury lawyers....tons of competetion

I worked at AIS as a producer for years and towards the end the gravy chain was gone. They ended up laying off all of the older producers that were sitting fat and happy on renewals because they weren't hitting production requirements that were nearly impossible based on leads.

Tasers sounds way more fun...lol :)

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Companies are moving away from paying commission on renewals. Most make $$$ on new business and bonus's based on monthly performance.

It kind of sucks in a environment where you watch tv and see 400 commercials a day or look on the internet and it's the #1 think along with injury lawyers.

I worked at AIS as a producer for years and towards the end the gravy chain was gone. They ended up laying off all of the older producers that were sitting fat and happy on renewals because they weren't hitting production requirements that were nearly impossible based on leads.

Tasers sounds way more fun...lol :)

Yeah with Liberty I made less than 1% on renewals :eek:

EmpirE231

Reaction score
usually once the insurance industry sucks you in, it is hard to get out lol

good work on getting out...

<---------- been in for 20 years

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Yeah with Liberty I made less than 1% on renewals :eek:
Yikes, that's nothing. What's the average policy 1-2k a year. So I have been with you 10 years you made $100 off me. Yet you answered every question I had over that time. Does not seem right to me.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yikes, that's nothing. What's the average policy 1-2k a year. So I have been with you 10 years you made $100 off me. Yet you answered every question I had over that time. Does not seem right to me.

Yeah there are pros and cons to being a captive agent, I had a small base salary and benefits that most independents don't get, the trade off for that is almost nothing on renewal.