WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cox internet problems

Cdog

Reaction score
I don’t know much about this stuff so I’m hoping someone here might.

Last night at 12 the internet went down. I was online at the time and just shut off and went to bed. Figured it would be back up in the AM but nope.

I pulled power & reset both my Arris surfboard Modem & my apple router.

Router seems to work fine as everything connects but there’s no actual internet.

Called cocks and the had a message while waiting there was a repair done from 12-6am last night in my hood.

I get to tech and she reset the modem remotely a couple of times. Still nothing. I then hooked up via Ethernet cable direct to the modem. After reset it connects to internet for 1:52 seconds but then looses internet.

So now I have a tech coming out to check the OSP tomorrow.

Could it be my modem? All the light indicators seem to work. Download is blue but upload is green since there is nothing connected send out bound signals.

At least I think that’s how it works??

Thanks for your input.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Had cox in vegas. They told me it was my modem. One thing or another it was bad or outdated. Went through at least 3 modems and then they said it was my router. Finally bought an expensive router.
Gave up on their cable and just used it for internet and it was slower than molasses in january
So glad I'm done with them

2Driver

Reaction score
Tank Jew very mush Cortie, please close all running programs and reboot you computer. : D

Cdog

Reaction score
It worked at 11:30. Lol WTF!!

I pay for 300mbps and get 350 hardwire.

Cdog

Reaction score
Tank Jew very mush Cortie, please close all running programs and reboot you computer. : D

I got Laquita. Bitch don’t know shit!!

Go rip through a closed trail ping pong. Lol!!

Cdog

Reaction score
Say it is my modem. What’s a good two band modem now days to handle the speed?

This one is the dual band, two output 3.1 whatever ding dong. I can’t keep up with all this shit!!!

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Go to Frys Electronics and ask their geeks. That's what I did and mine work great now.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I had been having issues with cox internet ever since they switched my land line over to voip a few weeks ago. They tried to tell me my modem was bad and send me one of their modems with a monthly fee. After I told them I didnt want their modem, mine magically started working again.

I'm still not getting the bandwidth that Im paying for, but I dont have another 2 hours to argue with them about it

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Say it is my modem. What’s a good two band modem now days to handle the speed?

This one is the dual band, two output 3.1 whatever ding dong. I can’t keep up with all this shit!!!

Time out. Are you paying for Cox Gigablast? If so it uses a Docsis 3.1 cable modem. If not then it uses a Docsis 3.0 modem. They're two different modems. You need to know before you buy. But why buy when Cox will provide you with a modem for about $10 a month? Yes, you can save the $10/month but then it's on you to hook it up and be responsible for the modem should it go out. Seems like you should stick with Cox's equipment to avoid being the IT guy

ddevore

Reaction score

Cdog

Reaction score
I had been having issues with cox internet ever since they switched my land line over to voip a few weeks ago. They tried to tell me my modem was bad and send me one of their modems with a monthly fee. After I told them I didnt want their modem, mine magically started working again.

I'm still not getting the bandwidth that Im paying for, but I dont have another 2 hours to argue with them about it

Yeah the whole thing started last night after their “local outage repair”. I don’t think it’s my equipment.

Cdog

Reaction score
Time out. Are you paying for Cox Gigablast? If so it uses a Docsis 3.1 cable modem. If not then it uses a Docsis 3.0 modem. They're two different modems. You need to know before you buy. But why buy when Cox will provide you with a modem for about $10 a month? Yes, you can save the $10/month but then it's on you to hook it up and be responsible for the modem should it go out. Seems like you should stick with Cox's equipment to avoid being the IT guy

Is a Arris SN8200.

I don’t think my equipment is the problem.

Cdog

Reaction score
Update!!!

My modem was in the middle of doing a software upgrade when Cox shut off the Internet Sunday night so the modem had to be re-provisioned.

I had a strong feeling my equipment was good. Just didn’t make any sense that it wouldn’t come back on after their area outage.

Finally up & working!!