WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Woman shot through window in her home

stevesdcb

Reaction score
There are always going to be bad characters in every line of work. Bad teachers, doctors, dentists, lawyers, police, etc, etc. Weeding them out & holding them accountable is a primary. Judging all by the wrongs of a few is BS. One doesn't stop seeing a doctor because another doctor made a mistake & somebody died on the operating table. It happens daily with doctors across the nation. One doesn't stop sending their children to school because a teacher somewhere molested a student.

In Sacramento, unarmed Stephon Clark was killed by the Police a few years ago. Black Lives Matters came unglued, Al Sharpton came to town, mini riots occurred, on & on. Three separate investigations were conducted. Sacramento District Attorneys office, State Department of Justice, & the Feds. All (3) found the officers did nothing wrong & correctly followed the law & their departmental policy, based on the "facts".

Very popular these days, for a lot of peeps, to resist, hate, & be extremely critical of all police. Until one has walked in the boots of law enforcement, you really "don't" know.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
LMAO!!! You fucking PIGS (cops, DAs, departments) NEVER release all the facts. You fuckers are EXPERTS at hiding shit, cover your ass, delaying and NEVER admitting the truth. You hide behind your UNION HACK LAWYERS and kill people and ruin peoples lives at will. Earning the HATE. Every liberal asswipe that slams you dumbasses for all the stupid shit you all do, IS DESERVED!!! Go ahead, ask for more money from the taxpayer so you can KILL THEM!!! "We need more cops to keep the donut shops in business and pay overtime to write bogus police reports that support our side of the beatdown" LOL
You got issues

Dalton

Reaction score
Tough one, in the military you're taught always shoot center mass, basically shoot to kill, I suspect its the same for police, I'm sure he was shooting to kill. But the events and judgment up to that action were maybe clouded, was he out looking to murder someone that night? of course not, or I at least seriously doubt that. I would never take up a job where I was put into that situation often.

jailbird141

Reaction score
I can't think of many reasons why I would call the cops these days. Cops are basically assassins. All you have to do is get mad at someone, think someone needs help, someone's missing, car crash, etc. and CALL THE COPS AND THEY'LL SHOW UP AND KILL THEM FOR YOU!!! FOR FREE!!! EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG!!!

A neighbor called A NON EMERGENCY # requesting a wellness check. BAM!!! She's not well!!! She's dead!!!

I know some of you will say, oh you must hate cops, you had a bad experience blah blah. NO. WRONG. It's hard to find ANY good on the internet, on TV or in person that LAW ENFORECMENT is PROTECTING AND SERVING us. Yes, the media plays it hard but it still happens.

I know there's cops on here. Don't give a fuck. STOP KILLING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON!!! TAKE THEM TO THE FUCKING JUDGE AND LET THE LEGAL PROCESS PLAY OUT!!! IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, FIND ANOTHER LINE OF WORK.

Now I know what you'll say next. "They put their lives on the line, it's dangerous work, they deal with criminals" blah blah. Yes it's a dangerous job. Lots of people have dangerous jobs but they don't kill people. A large % of law enforcement deaths in the line of duty is caused by COPS NOT WEARING THEIR SEAT BELTS!!!

Rant over. Ya'll have a nice day. :)

You seem like an angry and ignorant person. Talk it up how horrible cops are, paint them all with the same brush. You probably whine to everyone that the cops stereotype people and how its unfair, yet you are doing the same thing to them. You probably got a ticket one time for speeding. Of course it wasn't your fault, it was the cops fault, so now you are angry. Come on the internet and blast your opinions, you are entitled to do that because this is America and we are fortunate to have that right. But, in the end, like all angry, anti-cop, keyboard haters, you will call the cops some day to handle a problem that you can't while you stand back with your phone camera and tape them so you can post it on the internet and complain about how terrible they are.

Have a nice day. :)

jailbird141

Reaction score
LMAO!!! You fucking PIGS (cops, DAs, departments) NEVER release all the facts. You fuckers are EXPERTS at hiding shit, cover your ass, delaying and NEVER admitting the truth. You hide behind your UNION HACK LAWYERS and kill people and ruin peoples lives at will. Earning the HATE. Every liberal asswipe that slams you dumbasses for all the stupid shit you all do, IS DESERVED!!! Go ahead, ask for more money from the taxpayer so you can KILL THEM!!! "We need more cops to keep the donut shops in business and pay overtime to write bogus police reports that support our side of the beatdown" LOL

You need a hug. :mad:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Growing up i didnt like cops. Usually because i was doing something stupid or wrong usually both. As i got older and got my shit together i respected the difficult job they have and have a couple that i call friends.

Sad for the lady. Sad for the cop. A mistake was made. Unfortunately for a cop when they make a mistake someone can die. When you make a mistake at your job it may cost a few bucks or some extra time.

The lower end of society that they need to deal with on the daily is something most of us just ignore. They dont get that choice.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm damn near 72, most my LEO interaction during my life has been positive --- except Mexico, fuck Mexico :mad:

A previous poster used the term "Scared" to describe his feelings towards LEO. Wasn't that many years ago I'd have blown off that comment as being relatively absurd.
Reading that this morning it gave me pause, made me stop to think, the word "Apprehensive" came to mind.

Yes, faced with a similar situation, one where I'd be requesting LEO assistance, my decision would not be immediate, or come easily, I would certainly be apprehensive.
That's not a good thing. Apprehensive indecision regarding LEO involvement by an old, white, military veteran, baby boomer, does not in general, convey a positive attitude towards law enforcement.
It troubles me to have to write that. :(

rrrr

Reaction score
Keep telling your self that

Telling myself? Let's review.

The authors, faculty at Michigan State University and the University of Maryland at College Park, created a database of 917 officer-involved fatal shootings in 2015 from more than 650 police departments. Fifty-five percent of the victims were white, 27 percent were black, and 19 percent were Hispanic. Between 90 and 95 percent of the civilians shot by officers in 2015 were attacking police or other citizens; 90 percent were armed with a weapon. So-called threat-misperception shootings, in which an officer shoots an unarmed civilian after mistaking a cellphone, say, for a gun, were rare.

Facts are a bitch.

Read the above text again and pull your head out of your ass.

rrrr

Reaction score
So you look at Mexicans as there own people

Ignore the facts. Keep your head up your ass. The jury convicted her and handed down the sentence, and half of the members were black. It's tough to keep up the fiction she got away with murder when the facts are staring you in the face.

rrrr

Reaction score
Like someone said above, the facts aren't even out yet, BUT the cop quit and the interim chief said he planned to fire him SO I guess violation of department policy is already been established by someone. Departments not gonna immediately put out all the shit the cop did wrong. That's damage control and mitigation of the damage by letting time pass to reduce the pissed off people. But the lawsuits are coming on this. Mark my word. Rightfully so.

And that's another thing. The department will say violation of department policy to further mitigate the damage when in fact this case was simple murder. He violated the same law he was hired to uphold. He took someones life he was called to check on. It's just plain murder. Fuck policy. A mistake is far less than murder.

I'm tired of hearing and reading about another cop misbehavior case especially when someone dies. I don't give a fuck what color they are or where they're from. I'm sick of it.

It's worrisome because we depend on law enforcement to HELP us and to arrest the people that break the law not kill them because they stole a bicycle or tools or broke into your shed, etc. Those people need to stand before a judge. Instead cops have COP WORDS to protect themselves. He was aggressive, reached for his waistband, didn't follow commands, wouldn't pull over, had a dark object in his hand OR HER HAND. So they "SPAY AND PRAY". If we can't depend on law enforcement to HELP us then what are we left with? Cops are not working to HELP us.

So the cops on here will get on their high horse and call us low lifes names and say we don't understand, blah blah. Cops have had the tables turned on them with the popularity of cell phone cameras, dash cameras and even their own body cameras. But hey, even with video evidence of law enforcement misconduct they can still rely on "I was in fear for my life" when they shoot someone in their own home with no provable crime afoot.

Blah blah blah...the cop has been arrested and charged with murder. That kinda fucks up your rant, doesn't it?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
There are always going to be bad characters in every line of work. Bad teachers, doctors, dentists, lawyers, police, etc, etc. Weeding them out & holding them accountable is a primary. Judging all by the wrongs of a few is BS. One doesn't stop seeing a doctor because another doctor made a mistake & somebody died on the operating table. It happens daily with doctors across the nation. One doesn't stop sending their children to school because a teacher somewhere molested a student.

In Sacramento, unarmed Stephon Clark was killed by the Police a few years ago. Black Lives Matters came unglued, Al Sharpton came to town, mini riots occurred, on & on. Three separate investigations were conducted. Sacramento District Attorneys office, State Department of Justice, & the Feds. All (3) found the officers did nothing wrong & correctly followed the law & their departmental policy, based on the "facts".

Very popular these days, for a lot of peeps, to resist, hate, & be extremely critical of all police. Until one has walked in the boots of law enforcement, you really "don't" know.
Yet the city still shelled out 2.3 million to his family. That shooting was black and white. The cops were 100% right.

I have had the best interactions with cops and I have watched them commit felonies flash thier badge and get out. I have seen both sides, what bothers me the most is when other cops stick up for/ cover up another cops crimes.

Baja 252

Reaction score
This is truly a very tragic event. Thoughts and prayers to the victim her family and all those involved.
That being said I am so tired of everything being about race or racist. When people call a tragedy racist before the details even come out, to me it’s an indication that those people think anytime a black person is harmed by a white person it must be based on their race. I think that’s absurd. And if that’s the new standard then how come every time a black person commits a crime against a white person that’s not also racist?

Reactions: t&y

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don’t get how this happened.
Was no phone call made?
At our property in Anderson Deb called the Sheriff more than once about possible lurkers outside.
She had no fear. She’d be outside in her robe wielding the mossberg in a second.
I'd be on the phone with her when I was out of State and always tell her PUT THE GUN DOWN or they might shoot you!
The dispatcher would tell her PUT THE GUN DOWN so they don’t shoot you.

I have had cops sneak up on my moms place in Alaska looking for my brother. I saw people outside with flashlights and ran outside with the mossberg. They yelled “Police! Put the gun down” and I did.
The mistake here was no communication and a fast trigger.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
fun fact of reality for you:

LA pays out at least $32k for every person we shoot who dies: covers funeral/other costs

that’s for ones that shoot AT us

cover ups?
In the world of body cams? Please
Read my post in P&G about active complaints because IA caught Officers cursing in patrol cars with windows up 3 weeks after the fact when they reviewed the tape.

You wouldn’t last a day held to the standards of constant scrutiny of Big Agency Cops in So. Cal.
32k is a lot less then 2.3 mill. Funny no one had body cams years ago... I think body cams are one of the best things that has happened to le in my life time. It protects both the leo and the public. Yet there are those that are still against them. 7 years ago, the sac sheriffs department set side several million to up grade all of the vhs based systems in thier cars to digital. The union thru a fit, I mean full on campaign to recall the sheriff. The deputies wanted them, yet very few actually stepped up and public said the union was wrong. Want to help relations between leo and the public. Start there, call out the higher ups bs, otherwise people think you agree with them

You really think I wouldn't last a day? I would be fine, it is you that would not last the day as my employee. I run a very tight ship, always have. To say my standards are demanding is a understatement.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Yellowboat, I think you may not understand the line cops (that I know of) that are wary of body cams are not afraid of what the courts or the public will learn by the footage, but rather they are concerned of how their supervisors (admin) will use the footage. Look at Lowriver's statement about how their IA folks go after swearing in a patrol car! Really? Unfortunately that is a reality and an all too common one for line officers and deputies.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Yellowboat, I think you may not understand the line cops (that I know of) that are wary of body cams are not afraid of what the courts or the public will learn by the footage, but rather they are concerned of how their supervisors (admin) will use the footage. Look at Lowriver's statement about how their IA folks go after swearing in a patrol car! Really? Unfortunately that is a reality and an all too common one for line officers and deputies.
Is it against policy to swear? If yes, how is that any different then say a retail employee being video taped in the receiving room? Both are not in public, but both are still against policy. Should some one get in trouble for violating policy?

So the question becomes, if it's ok in one industry, but not in another why?

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
SO it seems you are of the "zero tolerance" mindset?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
SO it seems you are of the "zero tolerance" mindset?

If it was against policy, yes. You had to know you were being recorded...

I can count on 1 finger the times I have sworn on a job site since I was 7 years old. It was when I was stung over 100x on my left hand and arm by bees.l I did it in front of the client and his wife. I dropped 1 f bomb. I then went to the er. If I can control my mouth for 20+ years outside of being stung a 100+ times why can't they?

Taboma

Reaction score
Now you are truly being funny!

I dunno, I don't find it funny at all, I find it somewhat troubling and telling. In my previous post I used the term "Apprehensive" relative to indecision regarding requesting law enforcement involvement or assistance.
The fact I'm having to weigh if the risk of LEO involvement is greater than the apparent threat, I find unsettling.
So no, what I'm sharing, coming from a 71 year old Army vet, is not funny.
I find it a rather uncomfortable sign of a widening gap of trust between LEO and the public in general.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
so, what was the penalty for your "policy violation?" In a zero tolerance world, would a day or three off work fit?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If it was against policy, yes. You had to know you were being recorded...

I can count on 1 finger the times I have sworn on a job site since I was 7 years old. It was when I was stung over 100x on my left hand and arm by bees.l I did it in front of the client and his wife. I dropped 1 f bomb. I then went to the er. If I can control my mouth for 20+ years outside of being stung a 100+ times why can't they?
The problem is not the profanity in front of the public...most are very good about that. The problem is when alone on patrol, being cutoff, or missing a turn while trying to respond. I don't feel that is any way effecting their ability to police, only punishing (possibly) for being human. There is something in legaleze about a "reasonable expectation of privacy" that they do not receive.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
so, what was the penalty for your "policy violation?" In a zero tolerance world, would a day or three off work fit?

I have always had 2 penalties. Warning, and last check. Swearing unless it is justified, Will get you your 1st and last warning. Unless it is In front of a client, then it will be your last day.

When you physically have to put the camera on, the is no excuse.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
The problem is not the profanity in front of the public...most are very good about that. The problem is when alone on patrol, being cutoff, or missing a turn while trying to respond. I don't feel that is any way effecting their ability to police, only punishing (possibly) for being human. There is something in legaleze about a "reasonable expectation of privacy" that they do not receive.

Here is my view on that, you put the camera on, you know you are being recorded. It a not like you are some retail guy and get caught swearing by a hidden camera. The only place at work that you have a reasonable expectation of privacy is in changing room and a restroom. Every where else you can be recorded. If it is ok in every other industry, why is that not ok with leo?

Edit, just because you do not think the public can hear you does not mean you are not heard. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for swearing, and I have little doubt a leo encounters that at a much higher rate then the public. That does not mean it is ok to swear when it is not one of those cases.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I have always had 2 penalties. Warning, and last check. Swearing unless it is justified, Will get you your 1st and last warning. Unless it is In front of a client, then it will be your last day.

When you physically have to put the camera on, the is no excuse.
I think we've gone a little fucking:eek: overboard. if LE is getting written up for cussing in their car.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I think we've gone a little fucking:eek: overboard. if LE is getting written up for cussing in their car.

Ok, let's play the what if game. 2 cops are sitting I thier car parked in a residential area, they have the windows up, ac on talking about what ever, one of them drops a f bomb. What they didn't know is 5 year old little johny that wants to be a cop, ran up to the car with his plastic badge , gun and hat... he over heard the f bomb. Later that day he uses it in front of his mother. She asks him where he heard that word. She tells him, naturally she calls in and complain. Should those officers have anything happen too them?

What I just told you is why they listen too the recordings, just because you think you are alone, you might not be.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
name your job : job title
Background checks , FBI clearances ,

sit down
Enjoy your job and leave the real work for us
Lol
Site superintendent
Nrc under 10 cfr
Nbib for dod( that is changing next year to just dod)

Or ccw, Texas chl, 4 tax stamps, life span for cif, ncaa, usoc ss, usaw gold, usjf r1, usja c1.

I am sure I am forgetting a few

Yellowboat

Reaction score
at 2am in a patrol car, shouted the F word after missing the street to turn on to get to another Officer Help call who was getting the S beat out of him.
Windows rolled up, two Officers
Comment card to the Officer

True story
And you want to fire him?

Enjoy your life Mr. Perfect
Did you read my post? I don't think you did.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
A geographically-resolved, multi-level Bayesian model is used to analyze the data presented in the U.S. Police-Shooting Database (USPSD) in order to investigate the extent of racial bias in the shooting of American civilians by police officers in recent years. In contrast to previous work that relied on the FBI’s Supplemental Homicide Reports that were constructed from self-reported cases of police-involved homicide, this data set is less likely to be biased by police reporting practices. County-specific relative risk outcomes of being shot by police are estimated as a function of the interaction of: 1) whether suspects/civilians were armed or unarmed, and 2) the race/ethnicity of the suspects/civilians. The results provide evidence of a significant bias in the killing of unarmed black Americans relative to unarmed white Americans, in that the probability of being {black, unarmed, and shot by police} is about 3.49 times the probability of being {white, unarmed, and shot by police} on average. Furthermore, the results of multi-level modeling show that there exists significant heterogeneity across counties in the extent of racial bias in police shootings, with some counties showing relative risk ratios of 20 to 1 or more. Finally, analysis of police shooting data as a function of county-level predictors suggests that racial bias in police shootings is most likely to emerge in police departments in larger metropolitan counties with low median incomes and a sizable portion of black residents, especially when there is high financial inequality in that county. There is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates.

Hey fuckwit, we know youre not capable of producing your own line of thought. So if youre going to copy and paste someone elses findings, have the balls to atleast cite the sources...
That being said, this was also in that report....but i dont expect you to have the attention span longer than a gold fish to read the entire thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/
"It is important to reiterate that these risk ratios come only from the sample of individuals who were shot by police and census data on race/ethnicity-specific population information. The USPSD does not have information on encounter rates between police and subjects according to ethnicity. As such, the data cannot speak to the relative risk of being shot by a police officer conditional on being encountered by police, and do not give us a direct window into the psychology of the officers who are pulling the triggers. The racial biases and behaviors of officers upon encountering a suspect could clearly be components of the relative risk effects observed in the data, but other social factors could also contribute to the observed patterns in the data. "

Yellowboat

Reaction score
at 2am in a patrol car, shouted the F word after missing the street to turn on to get to another Officer Help call who was getting the S beat out of him.
Windows rolled up, two Officers
Comment card to the Officer

True story
And you want to fire him?

Enjoy your life Mr. Perfect
I have one for you. You are working on an 80 year old ladies house. It's in August, 100+ you take your shirt off, walk out too the truck to get some water, you tell your partner is " it's way to fucking hot" you go back too work. Fired or no? Did any one hear you?

Well in this case the 80 year women had just stepped out side too offer you lemonade. She heard what you said and called me.

Starloans

Reaction score
I dunno, I don't find it funny at all, I find it somewhat troubling and telling. In my previous post I used the term "Apprehensive" relative to indecision regarding requesting law enforcement involvement or assistance.
The fact I'm having to weigh if the risk of LEO involvement is greater than the apparent threat, I find unsettling.
So no, what I'm sharing, coming from a 71 year old Army vet, is not funny.
I find it a rather uncomfortable sign of a widening gap of trust between LEO and the public in general.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

"The fact I'm having to weigh if the risk of LEO involvement is greater than the apparent threat, I find unsettling".
EXACTLY!!!
I'm a 55 YO NAVY vet and it's not funny.

Citizen use of cameras....that's the root of the widening gap of trust. Do you guys think that LEOS all of a sudden became undisciplined, poster childs of misconduct when cell phone cameras became widespread??? FUCK NO!!! They've been on a power trip since the beginning of law enforcement. Law Enforcement is a CULT. If anything LEO have become better behaved since cameras and they're still a BUNCH OF JACKBOOT THUG GANGMEMBERS WITH BADGES.

Here you go boys and girls. Read: www.plainviewproject.org This is how cops REALLY feel!!!

If they can say all that shit......then I can say the shit I say.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Here is my view on that, you put the camera on, you know you are being recorded. It a not like you are some retail guy and get caught swearing by a hidden camera. The only place at work that you have a reasonable expectation of privacy is in changing room and a restroom. Every where else you can be recorded. If it is ok in every other industry, why is that not ok with leo?
Also true, I guess I'm just not a fan of profanity being a punishable offense.

I am related to felons and have LEO friends and inlaws. I basically believe in people being generally "Good". For the most part, people don't go out everyday to hurt people. Life's a crapshoot though. Nothing is set in stone. I can't say I've never physically harmed someone, but I can say it was never on my "to-do list". Shit just happens at times. Sometimes a mistake is made, or judgment is passed, before all the facts are found. Sometimes these issues lead to problems that are minor, and other times they can be life altering or even worse, life ending. Sometimes the "facts" are only what you believe they are at any given time. We can't hit the pause button and step back. Life happens real fast at times, and very slow after a mistake is made.

An officer with a firearm is just another human. We make mistakes. Thus the term, "Only Human". I've seen mistakes made by guys on jobsites cost lives, and mistakes on roadways cost lives. Is that any more, or any less tragic? No person is perfect. By the responsibilities given any of us, on the road, water or employment, we all have the ability to take lives with our decisions. I think the problem is we now have a visual record of everything happening. Mistakes will always be made. Multiple people died this week in a jobsite collapse, and yet it is less news worthy than an officer involved shooting of one. Mistakes were made in both instances, but one can have blame placed immediately. The families of the fallen are all left with a hole in them, no matter who's to blame. Some will get sympathy from the media, others will be forgotten because they don't serve a purpose to a narrative.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I read it
You think that Officer should be fired

You live in a little govt. dome and get to play with books and manuals and everything is peachy clean and nice.
You are completely irrelevant to the conversation because your job will never put you in a position to actually put your career life and your actual life on the line based on what you have to deal with in seconds.

never seen a single boating pic of you anywhere on this site

why are you even here?

Mr. Irrelevant, your new name I decided
You did not read it. If you did you would notice the line about it being justified, but you smiled over that. Do you know I also have several climbing certs and spent years doing it? Not many people willing to climb a several hundred foot tower to change a light bulb with is swaying several feet from side to side in the wind. But I forgot, only leo have dangerous jobs... so much so that they are not even in the top 10.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Also true, I guess I'm just not a fan of profanity being a punishable offense.

I am related to felons and have LEO friends and inlaws. I basically believe in people being generally "Good". For the most part, people don't go out everyday to hurt people. Life's a crapshoot though. Nothing is set in stone. I can't say I've never physically harmed someone, but I can say it was never on my "to-do list". Shit just happens at times. Sometimes a mistake is made, or judgment is passed, before all the facts are found. Sometimes these issues lead to problems that are minor, and other times they can be life altering or even worse, life ending. Sometimes the "facts" are only what you believe they are at any given time. We can't hit the pause button and step back. Life happens real fast at times, and very slow after a mistake is made.

An officer with a firearm is just another human. We make mistakes. Thus the term, "Only Human". I've seen mistakes made by guys on jobsites cost lives, and mistakes on roadways cost lives. Is that any more, or any less tragic? No person is perfect. By the responsibilities given any of us, on the road, water or employment, we all have the ability to take lives with our decisions. I think the problem is we now have a visual record of everything happening. Mistakes will always be made. Multiple people died this week in a jobsite collapse, and yet it is less news worthy than an officer involved shooting of one. Mistakes were made in both instances, but one can have blame placed immediately. The families of the fallen are all left with a hole in them, no matter who's to blame. Some will get sympathy from the media, others will be forgotten because they don't serve a purpose to a narrative.
That is very true. I am not judging what happened in this post or with the hard rock collapse, both are very sad to me. I will point out firing a weapon at some one is a willful act. I have never seen or even heard of a willful accident on a job site

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Ever gone hands on to difuse improvised Detonators on TATP ?
Crickets
Bu bye
Every been shot at by automatic gun fire, then watched the person shooting get turned into a red mist when you return said fire?

Didn't think so

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Yet the city still shelled out 2.3 million to his family. That shooting was black and white. The cops were 100% right.

I have had the best interactions with cops and I have watched them commit felonies flash thier badge and get out. I have seen both sides, what bothers me the most is when other cops stick up for/ cover up another cops crimes.
Civilly, yes the city did. Unfortunately, this is the result of the attorneys & pressure that Black Live Matters brings along with Al Sharpton and other high ranking black activists. The pay avoids further civil disobedience, i.e. a courtroom situation, more mini riots, shutting the freeway down, white peeps being assaulted, large groups massing in the city causing havoc. Call it "hush" money...money....getting paid is the reason Sharpton showed up. If Stephon Clark had been white, this shooting would "NOT" have been an issue & Black Lives Matters could care a less.

If you know the facts about Stephon Clark, what he was doing that night & body cam video, those officers reacted exactly as they were trained to do. In my training & experience, as an LEO, if you are not following the law & departmental policy, you are not going to last long as a LEO. Over 26 years, I have scene officers fired for cutting corners on search warrants, substance abuse, lying, dui. I have "never" worked with another LEO, who expressed, or I thought, wanted to go out & kill/assassinate anybody.

Personalities is where I believe a lot of issues occur. If a peep is given a break or the LEO just talks with them, I often hear "that cop is cool". If a peep gets a ticket or is arrested & the LEO displays a flippant attitude, I often hear "that cop is an asshole". In my experience, unfortunately, there are some rogue officers out there but they usually don't last long.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Meat packing plant in Vernon about two years ago guy walks inside working on machine got turned on he got crushed to death I’d call that willful because somebody hit a switch
did he do it to chase harm or by mistake? Discharging a weapon is always to do harm
Civilly, yes the city did. Unfortunately, this is the result of the attorneys & pressure that Black Live Matters brings along with Al Sharpton and other high ranking black activists. The pay avoids further civil disobedience, i.e. a courtroom situation, more mini riots, shutting the freeway down, white peeps being assaulted, large groups massing in the city causing havoc. Call it "hush" money...money....getting paid is the reason Sharpton showed up. If Stephon Clark had been white, this shooting would "NOT" have been an issue & Black Lives Matters could care a less.

If you know the facts about Stephon Clark, what he was doing that night & body cam video, those officers reacted exactly as they were trained to do. In my training & experience, as an LEO, if you are not following the law & departmental policy, you are not going to last long as a LEO. Over 26 years, I have scene officers fired for cutting corners on search warrants, substance abuse, lying, dui. I have "never" worked with another LEO, who expressed, or I thought, wanted to go out & kill/assassinate anybody.

Personalities is where I believe a lot of issues occur. If a peep is given a break or the LEO just talks with them, I often hear "that cop is cool". If a peep gets a ticket or is arrested & the LEO displays a flippant attitude, I often hear "that cop is an asshole". In my experience, unfortunately, there are some rogue officers out there but they usually don't last long.

The only agency in ca that I have had professional contact with that has 100% after professional was the chp. Only twice was I pulled over by then that I did not receive a ticket. Once was when some one stole my rear license plate. The other was by a guy I wreslted with in hs. He did not see that I had an operating permit in the side window of a truck that had failed smog. He still was super professional. He apologized for not seeing the sticker but said " Mr xxx, I know we have known each other for 10+ years, but I still need to check your licsene registration and insurance "

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I
Ok, let's play the what if game. 2 cops are sitting I thier car parked in a residential area, they have the windows up, ac on talking about what ever, one of them drops a f bomb. What they didn't know is 5 year old little johny that wants to be a cop, ran up to the car with his plastic badge , gun and hat... he over heard the f bomb. Later that day he uses it in front of his mother. She asks him where he heard that word. She tells him, naturally she calls in and complain. Should those officers have anything happen too them?

What I just told you is why they listen too the recordings, just because you think you are alone, you might not be.
I'll play once.

1. I'm sure it wasn't the first time little Johnny heard the word. I bet mom & dad have used in front of him before.
2. of course mom complained , that is what this country has come to, a lot whiney bitching. instead of just telling little Johnny we shouldn't use the word.
3. no i do not think anything should happen to them.

I could really care less if they were chasing someone and yelling "get the "F" (didn't want to say it again, might offend some people) on the ground"
or if they are in a stand off yelling "drop the "F'n" gun."

but that's just me, I'm not an overly sensitive, get my my feelings hurt real easy kind of guy.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
You really don't get it.

Do you really think you are helping your case by throwing insult or hurting it?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Meat packing plant in Vernon about two years ago guy walks inside working on machine got turned on he got crushed to death I’d call that willful because somebody hit a switch
Wood chipper, Gardena...about 10 years ago. That was suicide. I had all but blocked that out of my head. I need a middle finger emoji:(

Every been shot at by automatic gun fire, then watched the person shooting get turned into a red mist when you return said fire?

Didn't think so
No, but had the "red mist" on my sunglasses and shirt from my friend standing not two feet from me...at a family birthday party.

Life sucks, and no one gets out alive anyway. Our decisions or choices are what guide where we go in life. Some work in law enforcement, others military. The lines have been blurred, and not by the hand of the law. They have had to step up as the criminals have stepped up. In the 60's and 70's, the thugs rarely carried 30rd mag rifles. Now, a standard low level dealer has body armor and a beta mag. The job has changed. It seems as though many places in the US have become no better than Juarez. Many reasons to move to the boondocks with your family.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I

I'll play once.

1. I'm sure it wasn't the first time little Johnny heard the word. I bet mom & dad have used in front of him before.
2. of course mom complained , that is what this country has come to, a lot whiney bitching. instead of just telling little Johnny we shouldn't use the word.
3. no i do not think anything should happen to them.

I could really care less if they were chasing someone and yelling "get the "F" (didn't want to say it again, might offend some people) on the ground"
or if they are in a stand off yelling "drop the "F'n" gun."

but that's just me, I'm not an overly sensitive, get my my feelings hurt real easy kind of guy.
What if I told you this story was from the early 70s? It was a story told many times by my uncle as he remember s the punishment he got . When, I was 8 I said " damn" in front of my mom. She grabbed me and put vinegar on my tongue. In 30 years I have only sworn In front of her one other time. Trust me, I was happy I got vinegar and not other things. I learned very young in life that you can control what comes out of your mouth if you choose too. Most people don't

stevesdcb

Reaction score
did he do it to chase harm or by mistake? Discharging a weapon is always to do harm

The only agency in ca that I have had professional contact with that has 100% after professional was the chp. Only twice was I pulled over by then that I did not receive a ticket. Once was when some one stole my rear license plate. The other was by a guy I wreslted with in hs. He did not see that I had an operating permit in the side window of a truck that had failed smog. He still was super professional. He apologized for not seeing the sticker but said " Mr xxx, I know we have known each other for 10+ years, but I still need to check your licsene registration and insurance "
Being respectful goes a long ways. Another time in my life, I worked black gangs, I'm white, but grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood, so I get it. Anyway.....as a gang officer one of your most important roles or jobs is getting information. To get info, one has to establish a rapport. I have cringed watching some of my fellow LEO'S interacting, trying to get info, I call it the Barney Fife syndrome.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It seems like there’s several conversations going on here..

There’s 2Chill who’s answer to everything in life is somehow it’s racist..

There’s Starloans conversation which basically amounts to I hate cops..

There’s yellowboats conversation which starts off with extremes and has now led into hypotheticals..

Then there’s Taboma’s conversation (which honestly is the only one the cops should be paying attention too) which is he’s “apprehensive” about calling the cops and he finds it disturbing in himself that things have gotten so bad he feels that way.

I can’t even pretend to imagine a world where cops get fired for cursing in their own squad car.. lol. I took my kids to school this morning and I would have been fired five or six times leaving the parking lot. :D. (Soccer moms are crazy drivers)

On the inverse side of that I can’t imagine being a cop in California anymore.. no matter what you do it isn’t gonna be right in someone’s eyes.

Now that California has literally neutered the power of the courts.. it’s a pretty unreal and difficult position to be in.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Wood chipper, Gardena...about 10 years ago. That was suicide. I had all but blocked that out of my head. I need a middle finger emoji:(

No, but had the "red mist" on my sunglasses and shirt from my friend standing not two feet from me...at a family birthday party.

Life sucks, and no one gets out alive anyway. Our decisions or choices are what guide where we go in life. Some work in law enforcement, others military. The lines have been blurred, and not by the hand of the law. They have had to step up as the criminals have stepped up. In the 60's and 70's, the thugs rarely carried 30rd mag rifles. Now, a standard low level dealer has body armor and a beta mag. The job has changed. It seems as though many places in the US have become no better than Juarez. Many reasons to move to the boondocks with your family.
been there too, at 15 watched a guy get shot 3x in the head at less then 6'.

I think it is very sad how things have changed when I was a kid I rode my bike down Folsom blvd with my 22 strapped to my back in front of the state capitol to go into west Sacramento to kill ground squirrels the erosion control guys in Yolo county trade shells for tails. One time I had a flat on my bike and it was after dark, an officer drove me home, 22, bike and all. He even told my parent as to why i late getting home... I was not worried about the cop, but I was worried about the was kicking I was going to get when I got home after dark. that would not happen today. That was in the late 80s.

Some time around the late 90s, things changed. I am not sure if it was me getting older or leo changing, but it was different.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

There’s yellowboats conversation which starts off with extremes and has now led into hypotheticals..

Then there’s Taboma’s conversation (which honestly is the only one the cops should be paying attention too) which is he’s “apprehensive” about calling the cops and he finds it disturbing in himself that things have gotten so bad he feels that way.

I can’t even pretend to imagine a world where cops get fired for cursing in their own squad car.. lol. I took my kids to school this morning and I would have been fired five or six times leaving the parking lot. :D. (Soccer moms are crazy drivers)

On the inverse side of that I can’t imagine being a cop in California anymore.. no matter what you do it isn’t gonna be right in someone’s eyes.

Now that California has literally neutered the power of the courts.. it’s a pretty unreal and difficult position to be in.

So question for you, would you swear in front of your re clients/ thier families? If one of your underlings did and you lost a sale because of it, what would you do?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What if I told you this story was from the early 70s? It was a story told many times by my uncle as he remember s the punishment he got . When, I was 8 I said " damn" in front of my mom. She grabbed me and put vinegar on my tongue. In 30 years I have only sworn In front of her one other time. Trust me, I was happy I got vinegar and not other things. I learned very young in life that you can control what comes out of your mouth if you choose too. Most people don't

Reel it in a little YB, it’s getting pretty deep in here. Lol

stevesdcb

Reaction score

Agree with everything you mentioned. I'm listening, don't quite understand why Taboma would be apprehensive about calling if he needed assistance.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So question for you, would you swear in front of your re clients/ thier families? If one of your underlings did and you lost a sale because of it, what would you do?

Part of the reason rdp is so successful and in turn the real estate arm of rdp (Team RDP) is because we are real people YB. Not some bullshit (used a curse word right there literally in front of our target demographic in case you missed it).faking the funk, none attainable perfect image, non realistic thing..

Do I make it a habit of using foul language in front of customers? Of course not, that is incredibly dumb to even garner the thought.

That said I don’t go out of my way to act differently around clients (or people in general) unless it happens to be one of my kids Christian school teachers.. lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Agree with everything you mentioned. I'm listening, don't quite understand why Taboma would be apprehensive about calling if he needed assistance.

Well if you get to the bottom of that question I think it would be the answer to the larger question at hand.

If we are being a hundred percent on the table here, I have the exact same thought process as him on the subject. It seems like things changed awhile back and not for the better.

At its root a police force is supposed to deescalate a situation & a military force is supposed to solve a situation with overwhelming force..

Somewhere down the line the training switched from police to military, and when that’s the thought process than the public is the enemy, not the customer.