Looking to find the previous owner or any info pertaining to this boat

hopefully the power of RiverDave forum can help me

many thanks in advance

Noli

48896951102_8f2801f342_k.jpg

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any info on it.
What's your plan for it? Our buddy F14 had a 24 Skater with a single 300 & it was under powered but a great boat. The room in the cockpit was fantastic. Good luck

noli

Reaction score

would like to rebuild the 24 with all new core, paint, upholstery

and reasonable outboard power

HST4ME

Reaction score
I hope you paid like fifty bucks for it.. the gelcoat fades say it's a Motion but quite a few people splashed that hull. Your in for some work with that one.

Dalton

Reaction score
what are the plans for it? are the tanks good?

noli

Reaction score

I don't trust the tanks that came with it, so planning on installing DougWright fiberglass tanks inside the sponsons

previous owner's alum tanks
48907336488_b4b7d55531_k.jpg

noli

Reaction score
Looks like it needs a lot of work. Probably cheaper to get a boat already seaworthy.

I'd like to have some fun with this old boat by rebuilding it partially, then going boating. When I say boating, I don't mean 100MPH, more like 45MPH

I couldn't possibly screw it up any more than it already is

it's getting cold here now in NJ, so I'm just planning on getting a good cover and prepare her for winter

noli

Reaction score

I really am not looking for the previous owner. I just need the HIN.
how easy is it to get the HIN (hull ID number) given this info?

48907373288_27f6897a18_k.jpg

Dalton

Reaction score

I really am not looking for the previous owner. I just need the HIN.
how easy is it to get the HIN (hull ID number) given this info?

48907373288_27f6897a18_k.jpg

youre looking for the HIN for the hull from a trailer that isn't for that boat?

noli

Reaction score

oh yeah, whoops

I'm brain dead in the morning, make that all day

Tank

Reaction score
That is 100% a splashed 24' Skater. Deck and hull. Not uncommon since EEEEEERYONE splashed Skaters.

Where did you learn the name Phismo24?

Looks like the original owner is a member of Scream&Fly He posted he was selling that boat but the thread has since been deleted.

12.jpg
boat8.jpg
main.jpg
main4.jpg

HST4ME

Reaction score
Yes..stainless drop ins or bladders. Ive done two sets of glass tanks in a skater, one of which permeated the core. It was a horrid task. 45 mph in a skater is about the worst speed to drive one at. Anyhoo good luck!

noli

Reaction score
That is 100% a splashed 24' Skater. Deck and hull. Not uncommon since EEEEEERYONE splashed Skaters.

Where did you learn the name Phismo24?

Looks like the original owner is a member of Scream&Fly He posted he was selling that boat but the thread has since been deleted.

View attachment 807588 View attachment 807589 View attachment 807590 View attachment 807591

Hi Tank,

The previous owner said its a Phismo24 but I've never heard of that company, it was owned in Arizona originally. Yes the thread has been deleted for some reason on S&F

noli

Reaction score
Congrats
Have fun
We found a cole flat in about the same condition .
Worth every bit of time and money that my son and I put into it.

I agree, the time spent on anything we do should be worthy, if not just for the experience. I'm not sure how far I will get with this boat but I will share with you guys in the

Boat Restorations and Upgrades

Tank

Reaction score

Hi Tank,

The previous owner said its a Phismo24 but I've never heard of that company, it was owned in Arizona originally. Yes the thread has been deleted for some reason on S&F

Maybe it’s a real 24 skater. No HIN number at all eh?

might want to post a thread in the general forum on S&F asking if anyone knows the owner.

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes it will take a lot of work and a bunch of money, but if done correctly, that could be a badass little pocket rocket! Plan to rig it for twins, do a lot of research with other owners and Skater themselves, and dont skimp.

Backlash

Reaction score
Maybe it’s a real 24 skater. No HIN number at all eh?

might want to post a thread in the general forum on S&F asking if anyone knows the owner.

What, are you Canadian all of a sudden?? :D

noli

Reaction score
Yes..stainless drop ins or bladders. Ive done two sets of glass tanks in a skater, one of which permeated the core. It was a horrid task. 45 mph in a skater is about the worst speed to drive one at. Anyhoo good luck!

DougWright(DW) builds his fiberglass tanks differently. Where a well known cat builder only paint on a surface prep inside the lining of their fuel tanks, DW doesn't do a surface prep.

What DW does is the whole fuel tank is laid up one sheet at a time with a special resin that doesn't degrade from ethanol. Even if the government doubles the percentage of ethanol in our fuels, these tanks will remain impermeable

How?

The tanks are built with a special resin thus the whole structure is impermeable to ethanol. Each laminate is wetted out with this special resin such that when the resin and fiberglass hardens, the tank is unreactive to ethanol.

here are some pics of the DW fuel tanks built exclusively at DW

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
Why not just order a set of aluminum tanks from Imco???? I'm sure they already have the templates, but if not, they could easily build them to your dimensions. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the tanks. Just my .02.

noli

Reaction score

Backlash,

I will most likely just put in alum tanks

DW is so busy with the production line of 44, 36, and 32 cats, I don't think he'll have time to build me tanks :) not sure

Backlash

Reaction score
There are several manufacturers out here on the West Coast who installed glass tanks years ago. Reputable builders too, not just cheap builders. Now everyone is going through the trouble of pulling those glass tanks and replacing them with aluminum. Just avoid the problem from the get-go. ;)

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Imco definetly has the tanks. Many many many of those special leaking dw tanks have had to be replaced. That's why Everytime a 24 comes up for sale the first question everyone asks is how are the tanks?

The answer is either we replaced them x amount of years ago or we haven't had to touch them because we don't care that they are leaking lol.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If running a single is all you can do its all you can do. Be happy to be on the water. I would have my eye out for a 2.5s or a 2 stroke 300. you have some fiberglass work in your future. Maybe someone by the time your ready will want to unload a 400 for a 500 by that point. Ya never know. I would go 2.5 or 300 with the goal in mind to buy another one later.when money permits. Couple of guys are running singles on 24's and i think that they are all running diverters to prptect the drive. Good luck with the project.

Do the glass work right and you will be able to add all the horsepower you want later.

Backlash

Reaction score
Has anyone priced a bare Skater hull recently??? I think $4500 is a fair price for that boat.... Put in $10-15K of glass and gel work and you'll have an awesome blank canvas. And you'll be way ahead of the game price wise.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Says the guy that owns a jet boat and didn’t know the difference between a jet and a flat bottom.... no need to back peddle as you started the thread.
Jet botes cant peddle backwards.:p:D:p

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Has anyone priced a bare Skater hull recently??? I think $4500 is a fair price for that boat.... Put in $10-15K of glass and gel work and you'll have an awesome blank canvas. And you'll be way ahead of the game price wise.

To be fair an actual Skater hull, and a splash of a skater hull are two totally different animals in terms of construction and cost.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Says the guy that owns a jet boat and didn’t know the difference between a jet and a flat bottom.... no need to back peddle as you started the thread.

Did you mean the difference between a jet and a v-drive? Cause there are plunty of flat bottom jets out there..

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

Yeah it was new shit to me at that point. They are all pretty damn flat compared to my cigarette

noli

Reaction score
To be fair an actual Skater hull, and a splash of a skater hull are two totally different animals in terms of construction and cost.

I bought this boat because I know it had the exact dimensions of a Skater 24, same length, same tunnel opening, same steps, etc

we are very fortunate today, especially those who do their own glass work because we can choose to replace boat parts with very advanced materials

for example, I will replace/add composite foam core, coosa composite transom with 4" thickness (and still be extremely light weight), stringers will be composite as well with carbon fibre

I just hope I can finish it....muhahahahaha

it's so easy to plan and say "composite"....but to actually do it....may take years

noli

Reaction score

would love those motors on this cat, but I'm not there yet....money wise