WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crazy the number of used sxs for sale

2Driver

Reaction score
Just PHX Craigslist alone by owner it's nuts and most with under 1,000 miles and tricked out. Too much hassle, trading up?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Just PHX Craigslist alone by owner it's nuts and most with under 1,000 miles and tricked out. Too much hassle, trading up?

The rzr market has absolutely tanked. You can find really nice 4 seat cars with lots of options/add-ons cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Sunk a bunch of money into it and don't want to use it or don't have the time. I don't think I'd ever buy a new SXS... Someones 2 year old completed garage queen is 1/2 to 2/3 the price.

Last edited:

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
The rzr market has absolutely tanked. You can find really nice 4 seat cars with lots of options/add-ons cheap.

What is "Cheap"? I wouldn't mind picking one up but cheap is relative.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What is "Cheap"? I wouldn't mind picking one up but cheap is relative.

I was looking every hour on multiple sites. Mid to high teens xp1000 4 seat cars. Decent mile (1500 or less) non turbos with cages and other goodies. Basically I was only looking for rzrs with at least a cage. Turbos closer to 20 nicely outfitted. Without a cage I found some stuff around 13/14.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Sunk a bunch of money into it and don't want to use it or don't have the time. I don't think I'd ever buy a new SXS... Someones 2 year old completed garage queen is 2/3 the price or less.
When i bought mine, it was same price to buy new or used. But, i bought at the "end" of a models life cycle, and the dealer had them deeply discounted. I guess it just depends on when you're buying. If were talking modded cars, its definately cheaper to buy used with mods

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was looking every hour on multiple sites. Mid to high teens xp1000 4 seat cars. Decent mile (1500 or less) non turbos with cages and other goodies. Basically I was only looking for rzrs with at least a cage. Turbos closer to 20 nicely outfitted. Without a cage I found some stuff around 13/14.

Yep. Mid teens will get you a near stock 4 seater. Close to $20k will get you a Turbo with mostly everything done to it. I've noticed most of the low mileage cars seem to go nuts on the cage, stereo, and bling accessory crap and don't do the suspension. if you find a nice one with the suspension done, that is the one to get, it will be the most enjoyable to drive.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
A buddy of mine who recent retired.... (his company was purchased, he is a wealthy man).... drove out to AZ and bought a completely tricked out RZR...

A custom built motor, tranny, best of the best of everything suspension, axles, oversized tires, rims, stereo, navigation... Nothing was stock... Not a scratch on it.... seriously looked brand new....

$22000.... Former owner had well of $50K in it...

I think the helmets/headset for 4 passengers was worth over $2500....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When i bought mine, it was same price to buy new or used. But, i bought at the "end" of a models life cycle, and the dealer had them deeply discounted. I guess it just depends on when you're buying. If were talking modded cars, its definately cheaper to buy used with mods

Essentially the same with me.. But I didn't have to pay tax and other fees, that saved about $1500 over a new car. Plus the car had a couple mods that I was going to do anyway. I had to put about $500 into it to repair a couple things. So I paid a bit less, and got a car with a little use.

I have like $19.5K into the car total, It would likely sell for north of $18K with ease, So I don't feel too bad about it. I'll run it for a few more years.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A buddy of mine who recent retired.... (his company was purchased, he is a wealthy man).... drove out to AZ and bought a completely tricked out RZR...

A custom built motor, tranny, best of the best of everything suspension, axles, oversized tires, rims, stereo, navigation... Nothing was stock... Not a scratch on it.... seriously looked brand new....

$22000.... Former owner had well of $50K in it...

I think the helmets/headset for 4 passengers was worth over $2500....

That is exactly how to do it.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I just posted a friends tricked out, can am in the classifieds lol.... I'm not too knowledgeable about current values, but to me it seems cheap for what he has into it.

I also have a friends rzr 4 seat turbo that also had somewhere around 40k dumped into it sitting in my garage... been there for 2 years, thing has low 20hrs on it. Might be listing that soon as well.

Reactions: DWC

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Where are you guys finding ones in good shape for those prices? Most of the ones I see are clapped out, scratched to hell... heck they havent even cleaned them and are asking damn near full price. Or the other end of the spectrum, trailer queens with lots of bling asking more than what it was when it was new because "mods."

2Driver

Reaction score
I just sold the YXZ I picked up at the estate sale.

I made $1,200 but only had one call in 2 weeks. I feel lucky now. Still the guy got a killer deal

Attachments

• C0676904-7D1B-4ED4-9CD8-B37CAF5A017F.jpeg
    C0676904-7D1B-4ED4-9CD8-B37CAF5A017F.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 228

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where are you guys finding ones in good shape for those prices? Most of the ones I see are clapped out, scratched to hell... heck they havent even cleaned them and are asking damn near full price. Or the other end of the spectrum, trailer queens with lots of bling asking more than what it was when it was new because "mods."

You have to wait until the trailer queen guys are desperate. They start out at $28K for their fully done up 2016 RZR with 250 miles.... and get no calls ever. They will either get a clue, or it will keep sitting.

Last year I probably had 10 guys call me back wanting to take my original offer weeks after I went to look at their cars. I had already picked one up by that time.

EBT531

Reaction score
If you don't want scratches etc., find the dune guys. They usually have the most $$ into suspension, cages and stereos etc. if thats your thing. A lot of people look at forums and think they need to dump a ton of $$ into it only to figure out they don't use it very often and sell.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
so what is a reasonable asking price for a 2016 4 seat turbo rzr w/ cage, seats, car to car, stereo system, paddles / methods etc? used twice. Might be listing it in a week or two?

2Driver

Reaction score
If you don't want scratches etc., find the dune guys. They usually have the most $$ into suspension, cages and stereos etc. if thats your thing. A lot of people look at forums and think they need to dump a ton of $$ into it only to figure out they don't use it very often and sell.

LOL dune guys cars only have scratches on the inside. IMO the last car Id pick to buy. Sand is hard on a car.
Plenty of buyer remorse or senior citizens cars out there with ext warranties. Thats the sweet spot.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I just sold the YXZ I picked up at the estate sale.

I made $1,200 but only had one call in 2 weeks. I feel lucky now. Still the guy got a killer deal

Where’d yuh sell it out of?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
so what is a reasonable asking price for a 2016 4 seat turbo rzr w/ cage, seats, car to car, stereo system, paddles / methods etc? used twice. Might be listing it in a week or two?
20-22 depending on the details.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOL dune guys cars only have scratches on the inside. IMO the last car Id pick to buy. Sand is hard on a car.
Plenty of buyer remorse or senior citizens cars out there with ext warranties. Thats the sweet spot.

This. A 60 year old lady put 800 miles on mine.

77charger

Reaction score
Most think because they put 10k in upgrades its worth 15k more but imo theres alot out there to pick from and buy.But after seeing the way most are driven at dunes and they put the pics of the busted front end id rather pass.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

The one I found I just got lucky. I saw it on Craigslist and ignored it for 3 days because I thought it was a scam. Too good to be true type deal.

Local professional athlete had it built well north of $45,000 and after 400 miles, decided he wanted a 4 seater.
He had over $10,000 in the suspension alone.

Under 500 miles and I grabbed it for $22,000 That was his asking price.

I wasn't really looking but as I said, just got lucky. My wife is the one who convinced me to even call the guy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was guessing 20-25...... but the release of the new model prob hurt that 25 number.

Again, depends on how nice everything is done. With 2020s out, the number is dropping by the second. It could catch more if everything is higher end, and has the right look.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe the realize that they ended up with a 30k dollar golf cart and they could have spent half that amount on a proper buggy or truck?

No, they just finance another one with an extended warranty. That is the entire reason these have become so popular.

Last edited:

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
When multiple companies are creating sxs and a new one comes out every year that is the hot sh#t it tanks the used market. The RZR s turbo came out not too long ago and now the xp pro is out to displace that one. I bought mine in 16 and got a screaming deal on it new, put some goodies on it and am probably going to keep it or at least keep it in the family for guests to drive.

When i do upgrade it will definitely be used as there is always going to be a better one next year. The depreciation on these is insane.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When multiple companies are creating sxs and a new one comes out every year that is the hot sh#t it tanks the used market. The RZR s turbo came out not too long ago and now the xp pro is out to displace that one. I bought mine in 16 and got a screaming deal on it new, put some goodies on it and am probably going to keep it or at least keep it in the family for guests to drive.

When i do upgrade it will definitely be used as there is always going to be a better one next year. The depreciation on these is insane.

I think we will see a bottoming out on used prices because the new machines are getting more and more expensive each year. It is going to hold the 3-4 year old market where it is. As the newer machines age out, they will start to fill that low-mid $20K area.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Those new can am turbo RR's are crazy. Have several friends dumping their 1-3 year old Turbo R just to get the new RR. Then you have Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki coming out with new ones the used market is just going to get even more saturated.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When you can buy xp4 turbos new for 18k I don’t see a reason to spend 20-25k on a used one because it has a cage and wheels lol

It isn't 18K OTD, but yes, you are on the right track. Any mods you do to these things is worth at most 50 cents on the dollar when you sell, regardless of how new the parts may be. You are better off parting the car out and putting it back to stock to sell it.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Sunk a bunch of money into it and don't want to use it or don't have the time. I don't think I'd ever buy a new SXS... Someones 2 year old completed garage queen is 1/2 to 2/3 the price.

What I did
8 months old, 400 miles
$25k+ in add ons not including labor

Family court is a bitch, lol
#Score
Karma as I did similar with my 15’ RZR but walked away with $6k in my pocket.

Remember, they’re cell phones, keep getting better. I paid cash and am not selling anytime soon.
No big deal with 200hp I’m good for awhile

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Those new can am turbo RR's are crazy. Have several friends dumping their 1-3 year old Turbo R just to get the new RR. Then you have Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki coming out with new ones the used market is just going to get even more saturated.

Are they getting the RR for the extra HP or what? I mean yea there are several minor improvements and a few HP... Its not like it is a brand new car or anything.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
In my avatar is my 2014 Arctic Cat 1000 that has only 1000 miles on it. Why? Too much work, sick parents and my riding partner moved so I don't feel safe going too far with just me and grandson who is in that pic digging out when I high centered it once. I should sell it but will never get what is worth. Still owe 3k on it too.:(

PS...we never did dig it out....luckily that happened in an open field near my house and called the wife and tow strapped it out.....if it had happened in the middle of nowhere we would have been digging fools.:D

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
Bought a 19 XP 1000 Turbo...New...man, the outfitting it is a killer...probably have spent 6,000 since owning it...lol..I'm the old guy your looking for in two there years..

outboard_256

Reaction score
Are they getting the RR for the extra HP or what? I mean yea there are several minor improvements and a few HP... Its not like it is a brand new car or anything.

one guy came got the new RR. Raced a bunch of our friends in their turbo R's. All the turbo R's were modded both engine and suspension with aftermarket stuff. Turbo RR was bone stock. Turbo RR beat most of them. The ones that were able to beat them were so modified that they were going to get any better with out replacing a lot of stuff. They really raved about how good out of the box the shocks were. They basically came to the conclusion that all the money put into suspension and engine was as fast as their sxs was ever going to go vs the slowest the RR would ever go. They figured in a year or two more after market support will make the RR even faster. They are trying to get out of their current ones before they are worth pennies. I see most of them just being traded in towards the new one though.