WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

KODI / Magic Boxes / Firesticks / Waffles?

CobraDave

Reaction score
https://shop.infinitestream.tv/
This $50/box upgrade is what I did late October. Wasn't thrilled but we really can't complain about the cost considering we have had zero issues for almost 2.5 years from the initial purchase. If you do don't install the krypton version, it will have audio issue and I confirmed this with their tech support. I reset with the Jarvis build and the sound issue went away.

I wanted to withhold my opinions of this upgrade until I could see how it does for the NFL playoffs. I can confirm this $50 upgrade is the way to roll if you have a StreamSmart box. The live TV function works again and is better than when it started. The guide actually works really well too. If you have one of the newer boxes it lists, no need to buy another. Go online and pay the upgrade and your box will download it within a day or so. You will go to the OTA updater to check if it has an upgrade, then select to DL it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYRD

Reaction score
Dave just sent you a text about flashing the firmware on my ss pro

Let me know how to get you the box

Thanks!
Update to my situation. Sent Dave my ss pro and $$ on 1/2/19 he sent me multiple texts coordinating the shipping and payment details. Stated it would be sent back the same day he received it. Very responsive, fast forward to today still have not received it back and no response from him to my text inquiries.

Dave, if you're reading how about a status update on my equipment?

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Update to my situation. Sent Dave my ss pro and $$ on 1/2/19 he sent me multiple texts coordinating the shipping and payment details. Stated it would be sent back the same day he received it. Very responsive, fast forward to today still have not received it back and no response from him to my text inquiries.

Dave, if you're reading how about a status update on my equipment?

Sent mine on 1/4. Hoping to see them back soon.

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji3577][emoji41]

WYRD

Reaction score
Just got an update on my build, mix up with shipping. It will be on its way back tomorrow. :cool: I'll report back when it gets here

spark2678

Reaction score
I’ve answered on this already but I keep seeing you guys with new builds and new updates and others with issues. Had my RVEAL box for 3 years been flawless. Updates automatically. Get live TV, movies, anything I want. Plus has guide for love rv so makes it easy to use especially for wife.

Watched the Super Bowl yesterday easy peazy.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Does the infinite stream update work on the stream smart 4? I have pros back in Cali

Get415

Reaction score
Bullet is working pretty good so far. Watched the fight last night no issue and watching ufc fight pass on it right now.
Where can you find the Bullet?
Im so over my Streamsmart "paperweight" box.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Where can you find the Bullet?
Im so over my Streamsmart "paperweight" box.
I’m digging the bullet. He gave me a deal so I’m not exactly sure what they cost. I have one stream smart box I did the free stream update on. It works but the bullet is much easier to use. I will say the bullet ran like shit when I had 20mbps. I have 100 now and it never buffers.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
What’s the latest on these? Just cancelled cable today and am just running Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What’s the latest on these? Just cancelled cable today and am just running Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
Watching my bullet as I type this. Ufc channel. I have three here and one in bhc
image.jpg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Any buffering? What internet speed are you running? Running 150mbs right now, but have 3 Nest cams, 2 computers, 2 phones, Peloton, and 2 TVs. Just wondering if an upgrade is needed should I get the box.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It rarely buffers but I won’t say never. It does need faster speeds than the old magic box for sure. I think I’m running 100mbps

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Is there still an RDP discount on the bullet ?
Been running kodi on an old laptop and tired of always looking for the best addons

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It rarely buffers but I won’t say never. It does need faster speeds than the old magic box for sure. I think I’m running 100mbps
Thanks Vic. Now I've got to figure out what the differences between each of his boxes are...

satellitemike

Reaction score
I’m digging the bullet. He gave me a deal so I’m not exactly sure what they cost. I have one stream smart box I did the free stream update on. It works but the bullet is much easier to use. I will say the bullet ran like shit when I had 20mbps. I have 100 now and it never buffers.
So how do these work w sporting events? I like to watch the games, Clippers and Angels the next day as I cant watch the whole game at night, work too early!

HBDano

Reaction score
Not sure how good these bullet boxes are but if your going to spend $300 on a streaming box, the Nvidia shield is the best on the market. It does streaming and all pc Xbox gaming as well.

For iptv I started using sportz tv, it’s 20 bucks a month for 3 devices, all cable, sports, Ppv channels. The guy that did the Kodi Durex build created it. I also use his new build Xanax as the Durex build is dead. To get the best streaming through kodi, you gotta use real-debrid, you get the best quality links that work.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t pay anything a month I like that. I get everything but as far as watching them next day I’m not sure. I know I was told I could record using a Sd cars so that’s an option. It’s basically as close to live tv as you’re getting with a TV guide so that’s cool too

HBDano

Reaction score
Pluto tv is free with a guide, no dvr feature

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Pluto tv is free with a guide, no dvr feature
u install and update everything on your own right? That alone is worth 300 to me. I turn it on and watch tv. Oddly enough I’m the “it” guy at the training center but I don’t have time to be messing with my tv. I rarely watch it anymore. Usually just leave it on ufc fight pass while I’m closing out my day

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Ok im ready to drop Dish. Need a full functioning all tv all ppv streaming box. I need at least 3. 2 for the house in Yorba Linda and 1 for havasu. Whats the best route to take. I loved the streamsmart but mine is now a paperweight after doing the upgrade. Wont even turn on but definitely got our moneys worth out of it with ppv fights and movies. If there is something similar to that that will continue to work that is user friendly so my dad doesnt call me every 5 minutes from havasu that would be ideal!

WildWilly

Reaction score
yea after this last round of issues and dead boxes I've kinda left it alone for now. Seems like the last hit was a pretty big one that wiped out a lot of stuff

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I have been waiting to ask as well since the big hit. I was stupid and paid the $50 upgrade last year. It has been crappy since. I lose apps regularly and even the option to go find new ones isnt as good.

On top of that many of us were shocked to learn the $50 upgrade is an annual thing. Dont recall reading anything about that. Im ready to move on now to the next great thing. I Just dont know what it is.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I believe I paid the $50. My Streamstation box has been great. I’ve been watching all of the football games no problem. It does appear they are being supported and updated. I would hold on buying 3-4 of them though. Maybe get one and see if you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC2010

Reaction score
All of my streamsmart/streamstation boxes are still working great.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
i got one first worked great....got two more for my buddies....theres are still working great....mine is a paperweight :/

USMC2010

Reaction score
I did get the upgrade message yesterday and will set that up this weekend. $50 a year still doesn't bother me. The 4 I upkeep and the few my friends have still work.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Anyone using the bullet , wanna give an update. I'm looking for something new.

JSquared

M31
Reaction score
Jail broke fire sticks is the best option I’ve found with show, tv, and movie streaming options. You can run Kodi if you want. You need an Amazon account, but those are free.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Interested in this..... I need to get away from Dish. Eating too much money for what the family actually uses but need a mid package due to the few things we watch are on that level. Where do we start with this whole thing? I need to start at the beginning.....

JSquared

M31
Reaction score
Interested in this..... I need to get away from Dish. Eating too much money for what the family actually uses but need a mid package due to the few things we watch are on that level. Where do we start with this whole thing? I need to start at the beginning.....
You can DM me WJ