1498917178.jpg
1498917185.jpg
1498917180.jpg
1498917155.jpg
1498917175.jpg
1498917177.jpg
1498917178.jpg
1498917180.jpg
I have been looking for the last year or two for another 7.3 Excursion since I regretted selling mine but was not able to find anything I liked.....I finally found a extremely clean 2003 7.3 4x4 limited up in Utah, 4" lift, Tires and new procomp rims, very clean exterior and interior no repaint, clean Car Fax, 3 owners...sounded good so after reviewing 50 or so pictures a few dozen times and talking with the owner I told him I will take it after an in person inspection......last minute told the wife GUESS WHAT we bought another vehicle and we are flying out to Utah in a few hours lol...loaded up and flew out...after going over it in and out then an driving it around for about 30 minutes I got myself another EX....After buying it I thought to myself that we always wanted to see Park City so we took a drive up there and saw the 2002 winter Olympic grounds, then thought hmmm we were not really far from Wyoming and neither of us had been there either so we went up to for the night...then drove back to Vegas today..all in all put over 750 miles on it and it ran like a champ...I think I found a keeper....

Last edited:

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Very clean, nice looking car. What did you pay for it if I might ask. Just curious.
I sold one a couple of years ago that was a 2000 7.3 4x4 Limited in white with about 110,000 miles on it, I was the second owner and had all service records and I got $25K and had people standing in line for it.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Very clean, nice looking car. What did you pay for it if I might ask. Just curious.
I sold one a couple of years ago that was a 2000 7.3 4x4 Limited in white with about 110,000 miles on it, I was the second owner and had all service records and I got $25K and had people standing in line for it.

They are getting harder and harder to find in clean condition. I walked paying 25k. :)

FishSniper

Reaction score
I have been looking for the last year or two for another 7.3 Excursion since I regretted selling mine but was not able to find anything I liked.....I finally found a extremely clean 2003 7.3 4x4 limited up in Utah, 4" lift, Tires and new procomp rims, very clean exterior and interior no repaint, clean Car Fax, 3 owners...sounded good so after reviewing 50 or so pictures a few dozen times and talking with the owner I told him I will take it after an in person inspection......last minute told the wife GUESS WHAT we bought another vehicle and we are flying out to Utah in a few hours lol...loaded up and flew out...after going over it in and out then an driving it around for about 30 minutes I got myself another EX....After buying it I thought to myself that we always wanted to see Park City so we took a drive up there and saw the 2002 winter Olympic grounds, then thought hmmm we were not really far from Wyoming and neither of us had been there either so we went up to for the night...then drove back to Vegas today..all in all put over 750 miles on it and it ran like a champ...I think I found a keeper....
Good for you. I looked at your excursion and still regret not buying it. Glad you found another one that sounds great.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Very nice rig, Just did some fuel system mods to mine today

IMG_8370.JPG
IMG_8365.JPG
IMG_8364.JPG
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8359.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaPaG

Reaction score
Good for you. I looked at your excursion and still regret not buying it. Glad you found another one that sounds great.
I remember, you had seen it when it was filthy after I got home from a few trips and I did not want to show it dirty lol...washed it and the 2nd guy that saw it bought it..

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
Hey Chump - what is it doing? My 2003 V10 had an intermittent stall issue. It would randomly stall. Fired right up afterwards, but the problem got progressively worse and created an unsafe condition.

Took it to the dealer (an AAA approved dealer for the 2-yr warranty fix), they said it was the fuel pump. I disagreed, but they changed it and then it died again. Rinse and repeat with another fuel pump change, and since they were a AAA shop, they kept trying to fix it and then admitted they were stumped and said the engineers in Detroit were out of answers too. I kept researching it oun on Ford Forums and found a guy who said it was the fuel relay on the fuse board. But, the relay is soldered.

There was a guy in VA who rebuilds Ford fuse boxes. Apparently, the window gasket on the windshield sucks and allows water intrusion into the dash.

The dealer refused to pull the fuse box, so I YouTubed it out and pulled the box in 20 minutes. I sent it to the guy in VA who rebuilt it for something like $200. I got it back, popped the fuse box back in and the truck never stalled again.

The water intrusion/corrosion issue is a known problem on some Excursions and Explorers. You can search Ebay and find rebuilt fuse boxes, or services to rebuild them.

C-2

Reaction score
Nice truck BTW, I'm amazed by that interior.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Very nice and congrats.

boatpi

Reaction score
Not all the leather it’s that light beige color that went to shit within six months the other colors with stood the test of time much better.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Hey Chump - what is it doing? My 2003 V10 had an intermittent stall issue. It would randomly stall. Fired right up afterwards, but the problem got progressively worse and created an unsafe condition.

Took it to the dealer (an AAA approved dealer for the 2-yr warranty fix), they said it was the fuel pump. I disagreed, but they changed it and then it died again. Rinse and repeat with another fuel pump change, and since they were a AAA shop, they kept trying to fix it and then admitted they were stumped and said the engineers in Detroit were out of answers too. I kept researching it oun on Ford Forums and found a guy who said it was the fuel relay on the fuse board. But, the relay is soldered.

There was a guy in VA who rebuilds Ford fuse boxes. Apparently, the window gasket on the windshield sucks and allows water intrusion into the dash.

The dealer refused to pull the fuse box, so I YouTubed it out and pulled the box in 20 minutes. I sent it to the guy in VA who rebuilt it for something like $200. I got it back, popped the fuse box back in and the truck never stalled again.

The water intrusion/corrosion issue is a known problem on some Excursions and Explorers. You can search Ebay and find rebuilt fuse boxes, or services to rebuild them.

Parked it on the street to go to my son’s softball game and it’s never started since. Just cranks and cranks and cranks. Fortunately I just put a new battery in. Won’t even start enough to stall.

Moabifam5

Reaction score

some things never change:)

congrats G!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Nice find! Holy grail finding one that clean. I was considering yours when you were selling and regret not buying it lol.