WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Made In the USA!

Backlash

Reaction score
I paid a lot more for these USA made parts, and I'm glad I did! :D I know its just a simple set of tie rod ends, but I think its money well spent.

20191024_151548.jpg

Doing my part to support our country and it feels good. ;)

Backlash

Reaction score
No Sir. Just snagged some replacement parts for the front end of my daily driver. Nothing exciting. ;)

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I honestly do try and buy US made products. I'm even happy to pay a premium for it but it is getting harder and harder.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Just bought some Moog parts for the wife's escape. Stabilizer end links were making noise, Moog has a line that they call problem solvers. The factory end links have plastic injected ball & socket while the Moog problem solvers are grease able steel ball sockets plus the shaft is twice the diameter. They made a huge difference.

spectras only

Reaction score
Moog has parts manufactured everywhere from Japan to Turkey.;)
https://www.suspension.com/blog/where-are-moog-parts-made/
All in all, we found 16 different countries that Moog manufactured their parts in. That’s a far cry from just being made in the U.S. I'm sure, China is on that list too:p

It doesn't matter what country makes the parts as long as they meet ISO standards.
The big question is, do you want a tie rod from China, manufactured with ISO standards, or a tie rod manufactured in Germany with their DIN standards? DIN has been around since 1924 !

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
Out of those two choices, I would take the German made parts. :D

rush1

Reaction score
Moog is pretty good parts line always have been, I just bought a set of moog 4x4 springs for the back of my Tahoe usa made deliver for 45 bucks from amazon prime

Runs2rch

Reaction score
What is happening more and more is the Box is Made in the USA.

The contents like Spectras Only said from all over the place. I do my best to run as many American made parts as possible. Moog has been annoying lately. Same ball joints for a Toyota I just did. One made here and one from Japan. Same part number.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What is happening more and more is the Box is Made in the USA.

The contents like Spectras Only said from all over the place. I do my best to run as many American made parts as possible. Moog has been annoying lately. Same ball joints for a Toyota I just did. One made here and one from Japan. Same part number.

They just buy parts from various suppliers.. nothing special. I bought Moog ball joints for my Mazda.

They were made in Japan and were the OEM ball joints, with the Mazda part number on them. That was a nice surprise.

I’ve never had a problem with a Moog part, regardless of its origin.