WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toterhome/RV advice

copterzach

Reaction score
I am starting to shop around for a Toterhome/RV. Looking at used Showhauler, Renegades, Haulmark, and United. What’s good, bad, and ugly on these. Any others to look at? Want to have room a family of 4. Bunkhouse with queen bed. Automatic

wallnutz

Reaction score
Renegade’s seem to be built fairly well. They do have a bunk bed model that would work well for small kids. They do have bunk over cabs that will sleep quite a few with the fold out couch. I have been looking for awhile now and think Renegade will be it if I pull the trigger.

fmo24

Reaction score
@rush1 was in the high end coach business I believe. He may have some good input

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I am starting to shop around for a Toterhome/RV. Looking at used Showhauler, Renegades, Haulmark, and United. What’s good, bad, and ugly on these. Any others to look at? Want to have room a family of 4. Bunkhouse with queen bed. Automatic
My best friend passed away in January. He and his wife had just purchased their dream rig. Shortly after retiring he passed away from double pneumonia. They had just purchased a beautiful 45 ft haulmark. Full body paint, 500 horse Detroit, pre emissions, automatic trans. She cannot drive this rig by herself and has asked me to help her sell it. If you are interested, my cell is 702 491 4 5 6 8. You can text me and I will send you pics if you like. She also has a custom built Stacker trailer that she will sell with it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We have had a renegade, a showhauler and Haulmark.

They are all custom made to order for the most part.

Our favorite was the Haulmark it was the nicest interior, very much the same as a high end pusher. The showhauler was a problem as my wife could not reach any of the cabinets, the design was laid out for big guys.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
My best friend passed away in January. He and his wife had just purchased their dream rig. Shortly after retiring he passed away from double pneumonia. They had just purchased a beautiful 45 ft haulmark. Full body paint, 500 horse Detroit, pre emissions, automatic trans. She cannot drive this rig by herself and has asked me to help her sell it. If you are interested, my cell is 702 491 4 5 6 8. You can text me and I will send you pics if you like. She also has a custom built Stacker trailer that she will sell with it.
I’m in the market for a new rig. But think this is a bit out of my league. Any idea what she is asking?

FOUNTAIN333

Reaction score
I recently purchased a renegade to travel back and forth between Florida and you west coast guys and to all the poker runs around the country and think its the best decision I could have made. I can't even tell the boat is back there and when we plan to go bigger then a 27, it won't be a problem at all. I purchased a "garage" model so its like a toy hauler so we can put our scooters and displays in the back when we do go to the runs. Its awesome to drive and is just a beast being a semi.
oSWa1SbhSDq%xe3JyQAoxA.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
025 on the boards here bought one a few years ago. His is a true 10 wheeler, with the big Detroit. Pm him. He did a huge amount of research, and has a valuable opinion on the matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I’m in the market for a new rig. But think this is a bit out of my league. Any idea what she is asking?
She is asking $230,000. They previously owned a 45 ft Travel Supreme select and the Hallmark is nicer inside and out. And it drives like a dream.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
She is asking $230,000. They previously owned a 45 ft Travel Supreme select and the Hallmark is nicer inside and out. And it drives like a dream.
I am not sure how to download the pictures of the coach oh, where are my kids when I need them. LOL

TripleB

Reaction score
We have a Renegade Ikon and prefer to drive it over any motorhome we had prior, Monaco, Country Coach and a Newell

A couple things I would look for or at when buying, you can never have to much power, the more HP the better. Second is the chassis, mine is a Freightliner with a Cummins engine and a Allison transmission. I test drove the Volvo and hated it I believe its a ten speed tranny, I feel it shifts really slow. Another big item for us is mid entry, when going in and out you dont trac all the way through the motor home. Last big item for us is the bath and a half layout, full bath in back. If you have a center full bath only it kinda sucks waiting for the women to get done just to brush your teeth or use the head.
And with any used RV always check batteries and tires

IMG_2649.JPG

goshen82

Reaction score

Do you have any info on the stacker? Might be interested in it.

81Sprint

Reaction score
i really want to get rid of my 5th wheel and go with a Super C. More versatile and comfortable for the family on long trips.

rrrr

Reaction score
This is a custom built 2008 Hallmark with 43000 miles. The unit was garage kept up until a year ago when Rick bought it. It is an easy 9 out of a 10.

It's a beautiful ride. What a shame the man died before he and his wife could enjoy traveling in it.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
Do you have any info on the stacker? Might be interested in it.
I will see if I can get some pics for you. I know he carried his lifted Jeep LJ downstairs forward, a full size sand car on the ramp, + 2 quads upstairs on the mezzanine. It has a full shop forward with all the Cabinetry, stainless workbench, built-in air compressor, 100 gallons of fuel and 100 gallons of water. He actually designed the lift ramp himself so he can carry all this toys.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
It's a beautiful ride. What a shame the man died before he and his wife could enjoy traveling in it.
Thank you. It was a shock to all of us, he was the most physically fit guy in our group. Many of you guys that stayed at the boulder El Rancho Motel probably knew Rick. He was a great guy. Rick and Jamie sold the boulder El Rancho Motel a year ago and retired.

goshen82

Reaction score
I will see if I can get some pics for you. I know he carried his lifted Jeep LJ downstairs forward, a full size sand car on the ramp, + 2 quads upstairs on the mezzanine. It has a full shop forward with all the Cabinetry, stainless workbench, built-in air compressor, 100 gallons of fuel and 100 gallons of water. He actually designed the lift ramp himself so he can carry all this toys.

How long is it?

JM21

Reaction score
We have a Renegade Ikon and prefer to drive it over any motorhome we had prior, Monaco, Country Coach and a Newell

A couple things I would look for or at when buying, you can never have to much power, the more HP the better. Second is the chassis, mine is a Freightliner with a Cummins engine and a Allison transmission. I test drove the Volvo and hated it I believe its a ten speed tranny, I feel it shifts really slow. Another big item for us is mid entry, when going in and out you dont trac all the way through the motor home. Last big item for us is the bath and a half layout, full bath in back. If you have a center full bath only it kinda sucks waiting for the women to get done just to brush your teeth or use the head.
And with any used RV always check batteries and tires

View attachment 811238

Bad ass rig right there.

I spent a lot of time behind the wheel of this one when I was in the Moto industry
IMG_0470.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike K

Reaction score
I built 2 Renegades for biz use in the early & mid 2000's ... towed 40 footers with cars inside. They had a galley, shower and head and each had 1 slide out ... great quality and nothing ever broke ... "BUT" they both had the Mercedes diesel engines ... nothing but injector problems for years. Left us stranded on the side of the road many a time.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Spent a weekend in a Haulmark years ago. Bitchen rig and nicely built. Just not a lot of room inside compared to a traditional DP, they also don't turn as sharp either. If your driving more and towing heavy then yes, but towing light and staying in 1 place for a period of time then no for me.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Any of these rigs still available, looking for something like this as we speak. PM if you know of any Toters, will be towing a stacker.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
We had a United Specialties. Nice rig but I wouldn’t get another one, I’d go with a different brand.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
lol down in classified on down for like 56 K