WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I Just Snagged my Kid Thread Got me Thinking.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I know most of us have done something that has got ol dad or mom pissed off beyond belief. When I was a kid things definitely weren't pussified like they are today and parents definitely would step up their game in terms of punishment.

What have your parents done to clean your act up?

Here is my story.

I was early teens. I did something bad but really can pinpoint what it was (just being a typical teenage asshole). We were living in Bishop Ca at the time, it was a weekend and my dad got so mad he grabbed me and threw me in the truck. My mom came with us as well and we drove six hours to San Diego to the gates of the Army Navy College Prep Boarding School. We sat there for over two hours why I apologized profusely. They were seriously going to sign me up!

Now I look back at it and I would've actually chose to go there!!! Hahaha. Man, I would have been so squared away. Heck, I even signed up for the military on my own accord after high school. I would have been much more prepared and a better soldier if I would have gone to prep school.

I just looked up pricing and it's over 41k a year! Ouch.

https://armyandnavyacademy.org/

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Belt, Belt, Bail and then refuse to bail :D Once I had my daughter at 19 I finally let go of my trouble maker friends as my focus changed.

My neighbor grew up in Bishop too. Did you know any Demoss's

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I know most of us have done something that has got ol dad or mom pissed off beyond belief. When I was a kid things definitely weren't pussified like they are today and parents definitely would step up their game in terms of punishment.

Here is my story.

I was early teens. I did something bad but really can pinpoint what it was (just being a typical teenage asshole). We were living in Bishop Ca at the time, it was a weekend and my dad got so mad he grabbed me and threw me in the truck. My mom came with us as well and we drove six hours to San Diego to the gates of the Army Navy College Prep Boarding School. We sat there for over two hours why I apologized profusely. They were seriously going to sign me up!

Now I look back at it and I would've actually chose to go there!!! Hahaha. Man, I would have been so squared away. Heck, I even signed up for the military on my own accord after high school. I would have been much more prepared and a better soldier if I would have gone to prep school.

if you can't remember what it was you did, do you feel the message stuck? What if they didn't want you to spend time on boat forums. Now just look at you..... :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My mom would draw blood grabbing my arm with her nails, and whoop my ass so hard it would break a plastic clothes hangar. Then, she would say "wait till your dad gets home!". I remember thinking..."wait till dad gets home? Shit, i HOPE dad gets home!"

I was a pretty good kid, i had a smart mouth but only in short bursts....they would handle that BS pretty quick :eek:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Belt, Belt, Bail and then refuse to bail :D Once I had my daughter at 19 I finally let go of my trouble maker friends as my focus changed.

My neighbor grew up in Bishop too. Did you know any Demoss's

Oh man, I got the belt and spoon a lot!

Name sounds familiar. My parents might remember.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Different time for sure. I remember being swatted by our peg leg principle in school. Then we got to sign the paddle. Needless to say my name was on it a few times. That one legged bastard had a swing on him too :mad:

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
In my youth, got the wooden spoon many times from my Mom. I didn't have anything to takeaway, so mainly got time in the pen (room). Smoked cigarettes once. That didn't go over too well. But, they tasted so bad, Mom didn't have to worry about me becoming a smoker. Got the belt from Dad once, but honestly don't remember why. From age 13 to 20 (when I left home), I don't ever remember coming into the cross-hairs of Mom. My brother did, but I learned to steer clear. lol. The benefits of being the younger kid!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
My mom would throw anything she could get her hands on at me. It was mostly shoes and they would travel like a boomerang so when I slipped away into the hallway, it would still hit me. :D She threw a pair of scissors at me one day and beat me up with my own home made nun-chucks too. :D

That was the good part. If she told my dad, that was death. :D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Belt, when I was young.

Being grounded for a month one time, cause I was 5 min late worked too. That was Fucking torture. Was never late again after that.

JD D05

Reaction score
I remember my mom breaking a big ass hair brush over my head once. I didn't get in much trouble really though. Me and my Dad struggled a little growing up and did until I was older but that was because we have much different personalities. One thing my parents did is pick me up no questions asked if I was ever drinking or whatever. Only happened a couple times but I called them once on like a Wed night at 2 AM underage...They picked me up with a smile and drove me home.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My mom is first generation Italian with a backhand so what does that tell you.:p
A few years ago I forgot what I said. It was on thanksgiving and my mom bashed me upside the head with an empty pie box. My old lady thought it was the funniest thing ever. A few years ago I was 51.:D So imagine being 9!:eek:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
My pops was a stucco contractor. He was a big white guy and mom is a short Mexican. All of us boys (3) are 6' and above she is 5'4" and quickly need an equalizer which came in the form of a wooden tri-scale that she used to do take offs on house plans for my dads stucco bus. If that wasn't within reach it was a wooden spoon.

endobear

Reaction score
Lots of ass woopings as a kid. All deserved.
I was a royal fuckup 12-16. Real bad. Got charged with a felony at 16.
Old man made me drop out of school and put me to work on the road out of state for a microwave tower crew for 8 months until my 2 years of probation started . 50-60hrs a week. It sucked, but I learned a lot from the shit jobs I was given, tools I got to use, the guys I worked for and my dad.
Went back to school with zero credits and got my high school diploma in 2 years. Went into the trades at 18 and started my own business at 22.
23 years later my business is still doing great.
I should give him a call and thank him...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My Mom was the one that disciplined me and used a wooden spoon. I remember growing up and stealing my Mom's 1964 Pontiac GTO and she found out. She would ask for the keys to the car after I got caught and I would hand her a set knowing that I had about 10 other sets of keys for future joy rides. The last time I stole the car was when they were in Vegas with my Grandparents. I had taken the car out to the SFV street races. I used to mark the tires so that the car was always parked exactly how it was. My Mom would know if it wasn't perfect. Anyways, Mom found out I had taken it out again and proceeded to beat the living crap out of me. She had me on the ground and was pummeling me with the wooden spoon. My Dad had to stop her or she might have killed me.

Now keep in mind my Mom was 5'2 and about 90 pounds.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
There were a few belt incidents in my family household.....

My sister was a junior in high school and pushed my mom a little too far one time and my mom landed like a cat on her. I learned something that day...... Don't screw with Mom.....Too much.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This will probably come as a huge to shock to most but I was kind of a parents worst nightmare growing up. At 17 I had just graduated high school and they basically told me it was the street with the clothes on my back or rehab.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This will probably come as a huge to shock to most but I was kind of a parents worst nightmare growing up. At 17 I had just graduated high school and they basically told me it was the street with the clothes on my back or rehab.

Ya don’t say..

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Oh and belts were childs play in our house:rolleyes:....my step dad was a barber for many years and busted out the razor strap on us....its kind of like the double barreled shotgun of belts. LOL

Singleton

Reaction score
My parents divorced when I was 3. Grew up with my mom and spent summers with my moms parents.
When I screwed up, all my mom had to do was say, call your dad and/or grandpa and explain what you did. Small trouble it was call dad, but when I really f’d up it was call grandpa. Hearing the words ‘I’m disappointed in you’ from my grandpa would crush me.

My mom worked and traveled so I was home alone often and stayed with friends when she traveled.
The day I convinced my best friend, let’s go to my moms house and drive to school was a blast. Getting pulled over on the way home killed that day. My mom was in Dallas, dad was traveling for work as well. My stepmom had to come get me from the police substation down the street from my moms house. Having to explain over the phone that you got pulled over driving home from school in 8th grade was not fun.

Punishment = no electronic (TV, video games, radio) for 3 months, no door to my room for 6 months at my moms. No golf with my dad for a year. Kicker - my grandfather said ‘I am disappointed and will have a chore for you at the cabin’. His punishment was cut, chop and stack 8 cords of lumber that summer. Wood was dropped at top of property, firewood stack was down the hill next to cabin. Was not allowed to use cabin truck to move lumber, had to use old wheelbarrow.

Let’s just say my grandpa punishment was enough that I cleaned up my act in high school.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score

I honestly thought you would be tied to the origins of the "time out"

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I got the belt, until I learned how not to get caught. At 12 I was caught with a 6 pack of mickeys I was forced to drink a case. To th is day the smell of malt liqueur makes me want to vomit.

The thing that stuck with me the most was vinegar. At 8 I swore in front of my mother, got it a0plied to my tongue. 30 years later I have sworn in front of her one other time.

old rigger

Reaction score

Here is my story.

I should have like you, joined up when I got out of school but the draft had recently ended and I took that as an omen. I was sent to Military school, twice, and looking back now at what I put my parents through it was me just being an asshole. Dad had a paddle that he used and he put notches on it. If I got into trouble at school and had to have the demerit slip signed by my folks, he'd give me the same amount of swats that I got earlier that day in school... and I got a swat for each notch in the paddle. lol you'd think I would have learned. Mom would get pissed off because I'd laugh at her while she gave me swats.

Did something one time and she took my pickup away, made me put it on jack stands and then sign this long, rambling contract. She came home from work and I was no where to be found. 'bout the time the street lights were coming on I pulled up on my dirt bike from hanging out at my friends. She was livid, we had another meeting and when dad looked over the contract and agreed with me that it said nothing about my dirt bike the shit really hit the fan.

The NEXT contract had no wiggle room.

Amazingly my dad and I were very close and I miss him everyday.

Dana757

Reaction score
I did get sent to a military school. Right on the Indiana / Michigan border out in the middle of no where. It was like Siberia.

The takeaway is I learned all about respect - the importance of it - how to give it and how to earn it. Also learned to never ever volunteer for anything. Makes you look like a kiss ass and they would volunteer you for plenty. Chose my friends more wisely after that too.

I was there for a few weeks walking down the hall with a major attitude. The tactical officer (adult) of our company grabbed me by the tie, pulls me off the ground and now we’re nose to nose. He tells me “boy if you were sent here for the education you’d be over there in E company with the smart kids. But you’re not! You’re here in B company with me and all the other fuck ups! I was scared shitless. lol

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I used to think that I was a really good kid because I never really got punished but looking back now I think it was more that devious little monster that never got caught. Or at least never got caught until I was older and my mom figured that I was already lost.
I remember one time my mom was in the car with one of her friends and her friend grabbed her arm and said "look at that idiot standing up on the seat of his motorcycle and riding it like a surf board". My mom just hung her head and said "that idiot is my son", she told about it later that night but like I said I think she figured I was already a lost case.

2Driver

Reaction score
“You disappointed your Mother and I”.

Pretty much all it took for me.

Silly stuff just got me a swat on the back of the head.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Me,1969, Larson Air Force Base, Col. Owens, one of Jal's 747 and Grand Coulee Dam. I was grounded for the rest of the summer.:(

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
At about 6 years old I carved my name in my dads Porsche 911 turbo with a screwdriver. Rumor has it I got my ass kicked! I just remember pain and the look on his face.

Wish there were camera phones in the early 80's.