WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Cheby guys... *gearhead warning*

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Figured you guys would like this project...

20191029_114742.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

I wish I knew what ever happened to my K5. Sold it to a guy on here. He stripped it down to the frame basically but never heard what happened after that.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
yea boy! love me some square bodies. Wheres the rest?

It's not done yet. We just put the front wheels on to measure and locate for shocks.

But...

Here is a peak of the back. Roy did the 4 link and air bags from scratch.

I'm doing AC, alarm, audio, steering column, dash, dash bezel, power locks and door panels.

20191029_120930.jpg

jones performance

Reaction score
i love the squarebodies. still got my first car ever 79 k5 blazer. im on the hunt for a couple squares.. i want to build a crewcab dually, a half ton, and another 79 k5 but in 2wd as a prostreet.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
When I bought my cc square body dually I was sure I paid WAAAAYYYYYY too much for it. Now, if I were to fix the front fenders I bet I could sell it for more than I bought it for lol! I love my truck and have always had big plans for it that I have never really started because its my daily driver. That said, Ive got a buddy in Gardnerville NV that I want to send the truck to for its build, Id really like to start that next year but it all depends on a career change or not.

Please post updates of this build

bonesfab

Reaction score
Nice. I have a a square body issue. I have 6 of the damn things. But yes the prices are going up on them. I paid more than I wanted to get my k5 back. What does that have for a drivetrain @rivermobster ?

mswasey

Reaction score
Sorry for jumping in on your thread, I love square bodies too! I’m helping a friend sell a 76 Blazer 4x4 project. I haven’t posted it yet, was thinking about waiting til spring. Let me know if anyone’s interested.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nice. I have a a square body issue. I have 6 of the damn things. But yes the prices are going up on them. I paid more than I wanted to get my k5 back. What does that have for a drivetrain @rivermobster ?

It's basically stock. He said he had the engine rebuilt 3k mi ago, but...

I had to rebuild the carb today. It was flooding and running like chit.

So as I'm putting the carb back in place, I notice the valve covers are on the wrong sides! High school auto shop mistake. I tried to set the timing, cause the idle was still funky after the carb rebuild, and found there is only ten degrees of mechanical timing in the distributor AND it was hooked up to manifold vacumn. Yikes. Nice rebuild.

Sorry for jumping in on your thread, I love square bodies too! I’m helping a friend sell a 76 Blazer 4x4 project. I haven’t posted it yet, was thinking about waiting til spring. Let me know if anyone’s interested.

You should be sorry!

The correct thing to do would have been to ask...

So how much do you guys think my Blazer is worth?

You're welcome. :D

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
One of these days I'll start posting my 70 SWB pics. Should be done soon. Taking all remaining parts to builder tomorrow. I took the project over from my Dad and haven't had time to finish it. Here's the sweet spot, it's got a Brummett NA BBC in it! Yeah, extra tires on order, plan to go through a set every few months.:D

mswasey

Reaction score

So as I'm putting the carb back in place, I notice the valve covers are on the wrong sides! High school auto shop mistake. I tried to set the timing, cause the idle was still funky after the carb rebuild, and found there is only ten degrees of mechanical timing in the distributor AND it was hooked up to manifold vacumn. Yikes. Nice rebuild.

You should be sorry!

Thanks! Yup, I’ll post it in the classifieds someday, just thought you square body nuts might like first crack before I post it

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

You should be sorry!

Just a comment on the rebuild. Machine work and rotating assembly may be fine...but did the owner install the tin and stab the distributor? I see a lot of the youngsters with driveability issues. Some of these kids will dump a ton of money on a crate motor, but then stick their old HEI in with stuck weights, bad diaphragms and junk bushings. The valve cover thing also happens a lot after people buy chrome no names at the swapmeet, and just don't pay attention.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! Yup, I’ll post it in the classifieds someday, just thought you square body nuts might like first crack before I post it

Nooooo...

You do that in the lounge First! Then post it in the classified section. That's how 2FF does it anyway. ;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Just a comment on the rebuild. Machine work and rotating assembly may be fine...but did the owner install the tin and stab the distributor? I see a lot of the youngsters with driveability issues. Some of these kids will dump a ton of money on a crate motor, but then stick their old HEI in with stuck weights, bad diaphragms and junk bushings. The valve cover thing also happens a lot after people buy chrome no names at the swapmeet, and just don't pay attention.

The owner is a lawyer. He made sure to tell me that even though his dad and brother are both mechanical, he has absolutely zero interest in working on cars.

He just knows what he wants!

Tank

Reaction score
Found a pic of my 82 K5 before I sold it and a pic from the dude on here that bought it 5 years ago or so. Never heard from him again. Wish I knew how it came out. He was going balls deep on it. I always wanted a K5 Blazer until I had one and remembered what a PITA driving older vehicles is LOL. Still love 'em though.

untitled.png
2.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The owner is a lawyer. He made sure to tell me that even though his dad and brother are both mechanical, he has absolutely zero interest in working on cars.

He just knows what he wants!
Best customers to find...have the vision of what they want, have the money to get it done, and aren't too worried about the cost;)

Lawyer on the otherhand...those can be problematic at times:rolleyes:

Backlash

Reaction score
Found a pic of my 82 K5 before I sold it and a pic from the dude on here that bought it 5 years ago or so. Never heard from him again. Wish I knew how it came out. He was going balls deep on it. I always wanted a K5 Blazer until I had one and remembered what a PITA driving older vehicles is LOL. Still love 'em though.

View attachment 811790 View attachment 811791

So THAT'S what it's supposed to look like! :D Someday, I'll get the body dropped back down on the frame. Someday.... ;)

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Pretty damn sweet, but they all need some rust to add patina. Please drive them out to the Midwest so I can give each one a proper test drive. :D

Magic Mike

Reaction score
20191101_105030.jpg
20191101_105134.jpg
I've had a bunch since, but these were my first back in about 87'. Remember Polaroid?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Dude, that van needs a tropical bay with a nice breaking wave scene airbrushed on the side! :D
Yep. when ever i get my next Cigarette i plan on doing something that ties the two together. Remember the paintings that were going around a few years ago with the big wave and the boat coming thru.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
20191101_110236.jpg
About 1990...

It was cool back then to take a round headlight truck and put an 89 front clip on it...
Duh.... It was all about that update, I did it to that poor, cherry 75 Jimmy.

Last edited:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
It was cool back then to take a round headlight truck and put an 89 front clip on it...
Duh.... It was all about that update, I did it to that poor, cherry 75 Jimmy.

I have an '86 CC dually and before that I had a '76 Sub. I have wanted to do the opposite for about 15 years now. I want to put the early front clip on the later model cab. Maybe one day.......