WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

White House Visit Today

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Lots of construction going on. They are building a new fence on the north side that is taller so they can allow the public closer access like before.
IMG_1398.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg
IMG_1401.jpeg
IMG_1409.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg
IMG_1418.jpeg
IMG_1428.jpeg
IMG_1432.jpeg
IMG_1433.jpeg
IMG_1445.jpeg
IMG_1463.jpeg

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Plenty of money for stuff like that. I talked to a secret service agent about the final event that caused the need to raise the fence and make other improvements. The secret service agent I talked with did not have kind words about the agent that backed away from her post letting the jumper in.

TCHB

Reaction score
They need to update the meeting rooms. They are old.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They need to update the meeting rooms. They are old.
Need some new pics too...I would be more than happy to take the portraits of both Washington and Reagan off their hands.

...And then build a shrine:p

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The People's House. Some presidents have respected that. Some not so much. Especially when their mother in law was also living there. Supossedly to care for the children. Yet, the children's mom had a Whitehouse staff of 23 people.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The People's House. Some presidents have respected that. Some not so much. Especially when their mother in law was also living there. Supossedly to care for the children. Yet, the children's mom had a Whitehouse staff of 23 people.
Laura Bush? Nope she only had 18 on staff. Lol :D

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sitting in hotel room watching World Series. This is my room view:

View attachment 811671
I'd love to go there sometime. For historical and architectural reasons. Most of the modern day politicians I don't care much for.

To walk in the White House is to walk amongst history. If walls could talk...just the last century alone...the stories would make Hollywood's wildest stories seem tame.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I grew up on the boarder of DC. In grade school our field trips would consist of going to WH, Smithsonian, Capital etc. Great experience. Family owned a Shell Station across the street from The Watergate when it all went down with Nixon.

Englewood

Reaction score
I'd love to go there sometime. For historical and architectural reasons. Most of the modern day politicians I don't care much for.

To walk in the White House is to walk amongst history. If walls could talk...just the last century alone...the stories would make Hollywood's wildest stories seem tame.

Make time to go. It's one of the coolest places I've been to in the US. The ceremony at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was one of the most amazing moments I've witnessed.