WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Snap in Sea deck questions???

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
My wife wants to try sea deck before we switch from snap in carpet. Do they make snap in sea deck or similar product? She has been against switching but she is willing to try it.
Thanks for any help

lenmann

Reaction score
Interesting idea, I haven't seen any removable Sea Deck applications.

Sea Deck is sculpted EVA foam that doesn't really have any structural strength. A snap in design would need to be adhered to a base substrate that could provide support for the foam top layer. I guess you could use an thinnish (1/16?) sheet of ABS or other similar plastic as a base layer. The edges might be a little funky, with carpet you would just bind or serge them.

Singleton

Reaction score
I talked to SeaDek fab shop in SD (BlueSea Fabrication) about this and they stated no.
Something to do with stretching of the material

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, its 3 small pieces for our Skater. The cockpit if beyond stooooopid small for a 30' boat. We LOVE everything about our boat, except the tiny cockpit.

Tank

Reaction score
Thanks guys, its 3 small pieces for our Skater. The cockpit if beyond stooooopid small for a 30' boat. We LOVE everything about our boat, except the tiny cockpit.
What about ordering the pieces and only sticking down the square corners to secure it just incase you need to remove? Or just lay it down and tear it out if you don't like it. It's not too bad to take off. Once you get a piece of it and start pulling it pulls off pretty easy with out too much residual junk left behind.

Mike K

Reaction score
I asked the same question about a "snap-in" SeaDek or Gator ... I think someone told me "yes" ... maybe it was "Marine Mat" ??? I can't remember where I heard that ... but ... since then I hard cored researched it ... I can't find any "snap-in" ... BUT ... if those companies are listening, my only reason for holding back on the install is I'm concerned that it'll be a bitch to pull & replace a damaged piece down the road and it would be my luck I'd snag a corner and rip it or something ... so I'm holding out for them to perfect the snap in type.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I know you are thinking sea deck....but I would throw another option in called Decadence..https://www.marineflooring.net/product/deckadence-order/

I just went through this with a new mastercraft.. All the boats I looked at with Sea Deck after a couple of years of use looked shabby...The product is glued with since it has no structural strength it shrinks or moves thus leaving little glue exposures around the edge and a catch space for dirt and grime. It also stains if something spills on it that can stain...you can try and wash or pressure wash but results may vary.....

With decadence it is like carpet (soft) but it pulls out easy, and can be pressure washed and thrown back in...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Why does she want it removable? In case she doesn't like it?
That's part of the beauty of it, it doesn't collect dirt like carpet.
Mine is approaching 4 yrs old and we've never done more than hose it with a soft brush.
I've seen you can get this stuff in small pieces on Amazon even...be worth a shot on a small piece. If she absolutely hates it it wouldn't be an arduous task to remove, although I'd wager it stays.:)

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I know you are thinking sea deck....but I would throw another option in called Decadence..https://www.marineflooring.net/product/deckadence-order/

I just went through this with a new mastercraft.. All the boats I looked at with Sea Deck after a couple of years of use looked shabby...The product is glued with since it has no structural strength it shrinks or moves thus leaving little glue exposures around the edge and a catch space for dirt and grime. It also stains if something spills on it that can stain...you can try and wash or pressure wash but results may vary.....

With decadence it is like carpet (soft) but it pulls out easy, and can be pressure washed and thrown back in...

That looks very intriguing.
We've been on several boats with sea deck or similar & she didn't really care for it. She likes to be able to pull the carpet out & clean the entire cockpit, especially after rough days in the salt water taking spray all day.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of getting GATORSTEP for Duffy boat.... the research I did, mainly complaining of customer service steered me away from SeaDeck.... I’m getting great customer service from Gatorstep

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I’m in the process of getting GATORSTEP for Duffy boat.... the research I did, mainly complaining of customer service steered me away from SeaDeck.... I’m getting great customer service from Gatorstep

By no means am I stuck on sea deck, just used the term that most recognize.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I’m sure one of your boating friends has in one of their boats. Go out for a day on their boat and see how she likes it. I went from snap in carpet to sea deck and like the sea deck better. I couple cons I didn’t like. 1st Don’t drag an ice chest across it. (It tears or gouges it) 2nd It gets hot! 3rd expensive compared to carpet. Pros 1st easy to maintain 2nd? I can’t think of anything. Would I install it again, yep.

CHEETAH24

Reaction score
Not sure what brand it is, but I have snap in on my sled and it looks and feels great.
7EB0666B-374C-475D-84A6-22911FF548D0.jpeg
E5F790F2-1435-4B27-9141-3E9D066413C9.jpeg
04C37FAB-BAAF-461A-918D-1EA105CAA04A.jpeg

Enen

Reaction score
Eric at SC Wake told me that Sea Dek is releasing a snap-in product to compete with Marine Mat.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That looks very intriguing.
We've been on several boats with sea deck or similar & she didn't really care for it. She likes to be able to pull the carpet out & clean the entire cockpit, especially after rough days in the salt water taking spray all day.
Go to your local Mastercraft dealer...they will likely have a boat with it where you can see it first hand... The only con I thought of girls with long hair...does it get stuck in there as it falls out and how to get it out....cause it is a woven mesh, cool to feet and soft.