Ever have a Bengal.....

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Use your face as a rock climbing wall?
20160628_204802.jpg
20161217_104253.jpg
20191029_181245.jpg

Little bastard was playing over by the fireplace and next thing I know, he makes a hard turn to run up and over the couch at full tilt not realizing I'm sitting there. He then sees me in mid flight and panics so the claws come out for extra evasive traction except the evasive traction is off of my face. It all happened in a fraction of a second.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Dogs don't do that, especially in a home....just sayin.
You wanna bet. I've got a Dachshund that likes to pretend that he's racing on the high bank wall @ Daytona. He comes blasting into the den at full speed and uses the couch and love seat to make his centrifugal force induced, gravity defying turn which ends in a leap over the lamp on the end table and heaven help you if you happen to be sitting on the track when he decides to play Monza racer.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
You wanna bet. I've got a Dachshund that likes to pretend that he's racing on the high bank wall @ Daytona. He comes blasting into the den at full speed and uses the couch and love seat to make his centrifugal force induced, gravity defying turn which ends in a leap over the lamp on the end table and heaven help you if you happen to beat sitting on the track when he decides to play monza racer.
That's not a dog, that's a weiner :D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Some cats are just more bad-ass than other cats. It's time to be the bigger bad-ass cat and trim the nails on kitty. Report with pics. :eek:
:D

Keep that wound clean. Cats nails are nasty infection manufacturers.

Taboma

Reaction score
Use your face as a rock climbing wall? View attachment 811650 View attachment 811651 View attachment 811652

Little bastard was playing over by the fireplace and next thing I know, he makes a hard turn to run up and over the couch at full tilt not realizing I'm sitting there. He then sees me in mid flight and panics so the claws come out for extra evasive traction except the evasive traction is off of my face. It all happened in a fraction of a second.

Had a Bengal for 15 years (Rip), crazy fun and yes, despite our efforts to keep his claws trimmed, blood was shed :eek: Built a couple of huge cat trees, had to anchor them top and bottom cuz he'd come across the room and hit the post about 6' up at full ahead. Didn't matter if he was playing or lovin, everything was in full spirited excess. :p

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
My brother has a cat that will attack you with teeth and claws if you speak Spanish. He can be asleep in the back room and run out on full attack mode eyeing everyone in the room, looking for his victim.

wayniac

Reaction score
You wanna bet. I've got a Dachshund that likes to pretend that he's racing on the high bank wall @ Daytona. He comes blasting into the den at full speed and uses the couch and love seat to make his centrifugal force induced, gravity defying turn which ends in a leap over the lamp on the end table and heaven help you if you happen to be sitting on the track when he decides to play Monza racer.

We have the same with a pug. Always thought they were fat and lazy... The wife and I have to drink our morning coffee on weekends with our togo mugs with lids just in case she decides its go time...

Mike K

Reaction score
Yes!! We have a Bengal too ... it's like having a toddler in your house ... I put on bird and mouse movies for him all the time ... he jumps up and tries to catch the mouse and birds and walks behind the TV looking for them ... it is hilarious ... he will bother me now to turn on the movies ... he will just stare at the blank TV waiting for them until I turn them on ... ( tried to upload a video ... couldn't do it)

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Dogs don't do that, especially in a home....just sayin.
My German Wirehair knew messing with the couch meant real trouble. She would still get over amped sometimes and use the couch as a speedbump in the living room. About mid launch she would realize what she was doing. She never got in real trouble over that maneuver but it was also infrequent and usually not a direct hit on the couch. she would just go airborne and clear it sometimes. That was also an indicator that we needed to take playtime outside or something was going to be broken in seconds and both of would be in trouble.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yes!! We have a Bengal too ... it's like having a toddler in your house ... I put on bird and mouse movies for him all the time ... he jumps up and tries to catch the mouse and birds and walks behind the TV looking for them ... it is hilarious ... he will bother me now to turn on the movies ... he will just stare at the blank TV waiting for them until I turn them on ... ( tried to upload a video ... couldn't do it)

Hard to believe this is the monster who fucked up my face! Healing well. Some slight discoloration that should fade with time
20191125_222010.jpg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Hard to believe this is the monster who fucked up my face! Healing well. Some slight discoloration that should fade with time View attachment 820241
Did you trim his nails or buy a few scratching posts?
I've had a few bad ass cats and believe in letting them keep their self defense systems intact. :D
When I was about 14, I visited my uncle in San Diego. Bobby was Mr. raw organic food guy and felt his cat should eat raw meat as well. That little bastard was muscular as fock but not really big. One day I'm standing there minding my own business talking to Bobby when the cat just does a lap on the couch like a skateboarder in a bowl, leaps of the arm rest and onto me. He ran up me in a spiral in an instant and leaped off my chest back onto the couch in a reverse pattern.
It was like I had been tazed. :eek:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Did not trim their claws (I have 2) as I believe the same. I do have 5 scratching post for them but am thinking I need to build a climbing wall with ledges for them to burn some energy on. I have a good 16ft tall wall to do it on but am kind of waiting on a couple things to fall into line before I do that

Taboma

Reaction score
Did not trim their claws (I have 2) as I believe the same. I do have 5 scratching post for them but am thinking I need to build a climbing wall with ledges for them to burn some energy on. I have a good 16ft tall wall to do it on but am kind of waiting on a couple things to fall into line before I do that

I think having any cat de-clawed is horrible and inhumane, but regular trimming is just grooming and is actually a good thing for both the cat and YOU.

The claws on our Bengal, Abyssinian and later our dog-like Savannah, would if not occasionally trimmed, get so long they were vulnerable to getting snagged on things, requiring assistance to get removed.
Having the dagger like tips removed never slowed them down, or inhibited their ability to hit the post at full tilt, snag it with one paw and reverse direction, using the centrifugal force to actually accelerate. :D
Of course I also understand any reservations you may have --- trimming a Bengal is one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Your ad here

Reaction score
Regular trimming is a good thing like mentioned above. I did have an experience trimming a bad attitude cats nails. Only way I can describe it, it was like Jurassic Park.

Taboma

Reaction score
Regular trimming is a good thing like mentioned above. I did have an experience trimming a bad attitude cats nails. Only way I can describe it, it was like Jurassic Park.
Would require an extreme amount of patience and finding him having a rare calm and submissive moment --- like being so relaxed he'd be drooling. Even then, my wife and I would take up council, "Do you think we can do it honey ?" :confused: Then move slow, massaging each paw, working him slowly to some state of euphoric meditation.
Usually that would get us maybe two to three snips into it before he'd snap out of it "HEY WTF YA DOING !!!" :eek::eek::eek:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
My brother has a cat that will attack you with teeth and claws if you speak Spanish. He can be asleep in the back room and run out on full attack mode eyeing everyone in the room, looking for his victim.
Racist cat:D

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
My last cat was an outdoor cat and shat outside. Never had to clean a litter box for him. He was also a bilge find. I found him deep in the bowels of a Caravelle and it took me 3 days to cohearse him out from a spot I couldnt reach.