WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like a deal. 33 hour 210

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Looks like a new boat...

He just responded, it's a 5.7 and just as clean as the day he bought it...

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I spoke to him right after the ad came out nice guy and he asked about the cost if he was too high he said they sold there place in Parker and towed it home they never used it. Sounds like a real clean boat but the small block versus the big block seems to be the turn off for most. I am casually looking for a 210 open bow but do not want the small block. Seems like a very legit seller and disclosed all he could think of sure sounds like a nice Hallett.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I spoke to him right after the ad came out nice guy and he asked about the cost if he was too high he said they sold there place in Parker and towed it home they never used it. Sounds like a real clean boat but the small block versus the big block seems to be the turn off for most. I am casually looking for a 210 open bow but do not want the small block. Seems like a very legit seller and disclosed all he could think of sure sounds like a nice Hallett.

Easy enough to mod the small block or just drop a take out 496 in.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Except now you have a 45K 2001 hallett 210 :D

Figure 3-4k for complete takeout motor. 8k for the 496. That's 4k plus say another 2-2500 in labor if you can't do it yourself.

So 30k for the boat plus 6500. 36500 all in.

Yes any project can always keep adding up.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I have a serious problem with 33hrs. You're just asking for stuff to fail left and right from non use.

Every electric solenoid, relay, switch, and motor, should be replaced if you want it to be dependable. Injectors should be removed and serviced as well before running on fresh gas. She may be an oil burner after that kind of sitting too

farmo83

Reaction score
Easy enough to mod the small block or just drop a take out 496 in.

The previous owner of my dads did this. He was a snap on dealer and swapped tools at Boat mechanics shop for taking out a 350 and putting in a 496. Runs like a top.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Sold my 95 210 with 250+hours and 5.7 for 21,500. I think he is a little high for a SB.
6 years newer and the colors are good. Hallett did quite a bit of updating in 98 or 99. He's in the right ballpark.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Honestly, leave the motor that is in it there. Add a Whipple to it if you must. That is a decent power plant, other than to diddle yourself over having a big block what are you going to gain? The reality is that Scorpion is probably a better motor for longevity even with a SC on top. Which combo do you think is going to burn less fuel? Save the headache.

Now if you were going to step up and go blue or good aftermarket, that's is different story. This gets expensive fast as adding real HP is going to mean getting into the drive along with the motor.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Honestly, leave the motor that is in it there. Add a Whipple to it if you must. That is a decent power plant, other than to diddle yourself over having a big block what are you going to gain? The reality is that Scorpion is probably a better motor for longevity even with a SC on top. Which combo do you think is going to burn less fuel? Save the headache.

Now if you were going to step up and go blue or good aftermarket, that's is different story. This gets expensive fast as adding real HP is going to mean getting into the drive along with the motor.

It doesn't say anything about the motor being a scorpion?

I would leave it alone if it was a scorpion probably run faster than the 385hp BB magnum.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
When I asked the owner, he said "unfortunately it's just a 5.7"

attitude

Reaction score

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
It doesn't say anything about the motor being a scorpion?

I would leave it alone if it was a scorpion probably run faster than the 385hp BB magnum.

I think the scorpion confusion comes from me I am somewhat looking for a 210 open bow and wanted the big block or a scorpion and I found one with a scorpion but bot thrilled about the colors so I am still looking.

On a side note what is the general consensus on a scorpion with a Whipple added fuel wise to big block consumption? Also I would assume mid 400 HP not sure about mph just thinking it would get up faster. Thoughts?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think the scorpion confusion comes from me I am somewhat looking for a 210 open bow and wanted the big block or a scorpion and I found one with a scorpion but bot thrilled about the colors so I am still looking.

On a side note what is the general consensus on a scorpion with a Whipple added fuel wise to big block consumption? Also I would assume mid 400 HP not sure about mph just thinking it would get up faster. Thoughts?

I believe the Scorpions are a merc racing product. Supposed to be a great motor and I think they are close to 400 hp. (I believe they rate those at the prop where as they rate standard merc engines at the flywheel)

@RiverDave has a scorpion in his Schiada. Honestly I would probably just run it. I imagine boat would probably be right at 70 mph when light.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

There were 2 scorpions, a 5.7 and a 6.2. The 5.7 made 330 HP, the 6.2 made 377. A stock 6.2 makes 320. With a Whipple on it any significant fuel savings is out the window. A Whipple on any of those small blocks will be faster than a 496HO.

It seems the entire problem with them was the price tag. A standard 496 was cheaper and made the same power, although it was a couple hundred lbs heavier.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I believe the Scorpions are a merc racing product. Supposed to be a great motor and I think they are close to 400 hp. (I believe they rate those at the prop where as they rate standard merc engines at the flywheel)

@RiverDave has a scorpion in his Schiada. Honestly I would probably just run it. I imagine boat would probably be right at 70 mph when light.

RD has 2 scorpions in his Hallett as well.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Sure held its value. Ultra 21 with 5.7 and alpha was 25k new in 2000. Not sure what this one was but imagine not far off. The 5.7 was base then 454 MPI ,Scorpion, 454 mag and 500EFI. When I bought my 2000 Ultra.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
6 years newer and the colors are good. Hallett did quite a bit of updating in 98 or 99. He's in the right ballpark.
So u sayin u don't like my colors homie...:D

8.jpg

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Sorry, someone above me mentioned the scorpion and I went with it. My statements still stand though. i don't think it would be too hard to get near 400 hp out of the combo, the drive should be fine if you had a little common sense as an operator. At that power, the lower weight, and the better fuel consumption, you could have a very nice package. Not the fastest on the river but you would be fast enough to leg out big runs and completely ignore roll bar boats who are wide open and 38mph.