WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dentist WTF

brgrcru

Reaction score
probably the worst thing , besides going to the DMV, I have to encounter in my life.

My mouth seems like it has been raped. completely violated.
had to replace 2 silver fillings, that have lived in my mouth, probably for 45 years.
they open your mouth , about as wide as, it open with out breaking your jaw.
then they , stick something in it called a MR T (lol) that sucks everything out of the your mouth.
it also keeps your mouth open and fucking stabs the inside of your mouth at different points.
the entire time I start the swallowing convulsions along with a gag order.
that passes, then I forget to breathe, now taking deep breaths all the while clenching fists.
then stick you with a needled 5/6 times to numb the area
now the procedure starts. pulling, grinding, tugging, trying to make my mouth open wider
pull you mouth one way back the other way
never mind bagging instrument's on all other teeth that are not numb.
45 minutes later , I hear sorry if it hurt a little, take two of these and make sure you don't eat for a bit. I can barely talk , I guess I'm fasting today.

how about next time I just put my balls in a vice.
rant over

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I’m thinking about changing mine. They stick a bill in your hand to sign before every procedure they do while you’re in the chair. I don’t have dental insurance but I have cash. I know i have to pay for it. Does anyone else’s dentist do this? When my implant fell out a couple weeks ago I had to sign for the xray bill then the procedure bill while in the chair.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I actually enjoy the dentist.... well not the process but the nice clean feeling afterwards. My dentist in Long Beach is getting a little shaky in the hands which trips me out. Time to find a new one.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My old dentist almost killed me. My new Dentist is no comparison and I don't mind going at all. They do make you pay before the work is done which I understand as I waste a lot of time collecting money owed.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Find a dentist that prescribes drugs , they knock you out , but not completely. Just had close to 3 hours of work , no recollection at all ! Done in no time ! No pain !

brgrcru

Reaction score
Oh I don't mind the cleaning part of going to the dentist . its all the other stuff.

thankfully they figured the x-ray part out.
now your not biting on two razor blades holding a card board square.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Go to a dentist that uses nitros oxide. You breath it thru your nose, take nice deep breaths thru your nose, get you high, and its a great pain killer, breath it throughout your procedure.

very safe....60 seconds on pure oxygen and the nitros is out of your system.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
probably the worst thing , besides going to the DMV, I have to encounter in my life.

My mouth seems like it has been raped. completely violated.
had to replace 2 silver fillings, that have lived in my mouth, probably for 45 years.
they open your mouth , about as wide as, it open with out breaking your jaw.
then they , stick something in it called a MR T (lol) that sucks everything out of the your mouth.
it also keeps your mouth open and fucking stabs the inside of your mouth at different points.
the entire time I start the swallowing convulsions along with a gag order.
that passes, then I forget to breathe, now taking deep breaths all the while clenching fists.
then stick you with a needled 5/6 times to numb the area
now the procedure starts. pulling, grinding, tugging, trying to make my mouth open wider
pull you mouth one way back the other way
never mind bagging instrument's on all other teeth that are not numb.
45 minutes later , I hear sorry if it hurt a little, take two of these and make sure you don't eat for a bit. I can barely talk , I guess I'm fasting today.

how about next time I just put my balls in a vice.
rant over

Get a new one, that is not OK. Mine is quite easy and gentle.
I’m thinking about changing mine. They stick a bill in your hand to sign before every procedure they do while you’re in the chair. I don’t have dental insurance but I have cash. I know i have to pay for it. Does anyone else’s dentist do this? When my implant fell out a couple weeks ago I had to sign for the xray bill then the procedure bill while in the chair.

Again, consider a new one. Mine is easy and straight forward. If I owe anything (dental insurance) I get a bill in a few weeks and its all no big deal.

The trip to Walnut Grove would be a little hard for most of you but the service of a small town, local dentist that's part of the community is worth something to me.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I’m way past due. I had the same dentist for years, always had good checkups. He sold his practice to a lady that wanted to replace my old fillings. And I have a mouthful!

Funny how everything was A-Ok before then all of a sudden I need this and that. I told her no thanks and haven’t been back .

Supposed to go to a new dentist in Havasu next Friday.

rivrbrat

Reaction score
Go to a dentist that uses nitros oxide. You breath it thru your nose, take nice deep breaths thru your nose, get you high, and its a great pain killer, breath it throughout your procedure.

very safe....60 seconds on pure oxygen and the nitros is out of your system.

Oh Big No.......This is the fastest way to die at the dentist. My old dentist moved the bottles to a central location no more Nitros for me. If i cant see the gauges we will just have to ruff it.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I switched dentists when I moved....hadn't been for a while. My new dentist office had this little tiny asian dentist with little tiny hands and I figured...bam!...hits both marks...this should be great!. I was fucking wrong. 16 shots and the damn tooth still wasn't numb for my root canal...or the filling on the other tooth. Took about 6 visits to get everything sorted out, each one more painful than the next.

Went in about a year ago and they've got this big persian dentist in there instead of little asian lady. Had a cavity that needed some attention...first shot, nice and numb...everything done in 5 minutes with no issues. I didn't think he'd started yet and he was already done.

Find a different dentist.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Get a new one, that is not OK. Mine is quite easy and gentle.

Again, consider a new one. Mine is easy and straight forward. If I owe anything (dental insurance) I get a bill in a few weeks and its all no big deal.

The trip to Walnut Grove would be a little hard for most of you but the service of a small town, local dentist that's part of the community is worth something to me.

I should schedule my dentist appointments with my delta trips. I can park my boat at the dock there in walnut grove and walk up . thanks

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
What about Mexico, specifically Algodones, I hear a lot of people go there ?

KevinR

Reaction score
What about Mexico, specifically Algodones, I hear a lot of people go there ?

Why? To save some money?

Mexico is so effed up across the board no way I’d go there for medical work. Who knows if you have a well trained doctor and staff working on you or an ex veterinarian?

Dalton

Reaction score
my last few teeth cleanings weren't that great, didn't feel too thorough, I'm kinda weird but I actually like the teeth cleanings to hurt a bit then I know they did a good/deep job lol

C-2

Reaction score
Up-selling add on items is a bit strange. It happened to me today with my daughter.

"Would you like a laser gum treatment for your daughter, it's not covered by insurance, but it's only $130."

On a related note, I've weeded thru a fair number of vets. If they mention anything about brushing my dog's teeth, I finish the treatment/service and never return. Vets are a complete racket these days.

Spectra18

Reaction score
I’m in the dental field. Can’t wait to change my career within a year or less. It’s all turning into BULLSHIT CENTRAL.

Got a question, I’ll give u the straight forward answer.

DC-88

Reaction score
my last few teeth cleanings weren't that great, didn't feel too thorough, I'm kinda weird but I actually like the teeth cleanings to hurt a bit then I know they did a good/deep job lol
wait till u get past mid 40's and the enamel starts to wear thin and report back;)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wisdom tooth extraction was my worst dental anything. Impacted and still bellow the gums. Doc said no problem...numb me up, and yank them out. Appointment was last of the day, 3:30. He shoots me up, and starts working on lower right. I tell him I'm not numb yet. He replies, "You only think you can feel it" and stabs me with the scalpel:mad: I was a fairly sturdy young man...screamed some profanity, and bent the armrest. He then believed me, pin cushioned the area. It took more than two hours for that one...I walked out with my Mom at 9pm!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Find a good dentist and go frequently. I had so many bad dentists that I just quit going. Then I ended up with a bone infection That simply could not be controlled.
I ended up having to have an entire set of teeth (minus a couple) pulled and that included all four wisdom teeth. After they pulled all teeth they split my gums open and ground away the infected bone. This was all done in one session and they couldn't put me out for fear that I might swallow the bacteria laden material that they were removing and I can tell you that no amount on Novocain can numb this much trauma. It was seven hrs in the chair with two dentists and an oral surgeon sitting on my chest pulling, yanking, grinding and stitching. I'm not sure if this is the worst experience of my life but I can't think of anything as bad.
For the next six weeks all my meals had to be taken through a straw.
So now i have a full set of dentures and a "Ben Affleck" smile. Dentures are kind of a pia but so much better than what I suffered with for years before.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Wisdom tooth extraction was my worst dental anything. Impacted and still bellow the gums. Doc said no problem...numb me up, and yank them out. Appointment was last of the day, 3:30. He shoots me up, and starts working on lower right. I tell him I'm not numb yet. He replies, "You only think you can feel it" and stabs me with the scalpel:mad: I was a fairly sturdy young man...screamed some profanity, and bent the armrest. He then believed me, pin cushioned the area. It took more than two hours for that one...I walked out with my Mom at 9pm!

Nice! I like the bent armrest part. :) LOL!!!

HBCraig

Reaction score
My wife is a dental hygienist. This dentist that did this is a hack. If you need a referral in the OC area I can point you in the right direction

rvrrun

Reaction score
Nitrous is the best. It makes an hour long cleaning fell like a few minutes. That, and I have a playlist of comedians on my phone I listen to while they do it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Nitrous is the best. It makes an hour long cleaning fell like a few minutes. That, and I have a playlist of comedians on my phone I listen to while they do it.
Nitrous is the best...I keep at least one or two bottles in the garage. You never know when you'll be cleaning teeth:p

rvrrun

Reaction score
Nitrous is the best...I keep at least one or two bottles in the garage. You never know when you'll be cleaning teeth:p
I’m glad you posted that. My very good friend collapsed a lung and died at a very young age at the river huffing the crap he ran in his boat. It’s not something to be screwed around with.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Oh Big No.......This is the fastest way to die at the dentist. My old dentist moved the bottles to a central location no more Nitros for me. If i cant see the gauges we will just have to ruff it.

Nitrous is one of the safest drugs in the world. We used to use it when I was a paramedic, when a patient had a severe fracture (painful) we could give them Nitrous while we splinted it and went to the hospital. Other pain relievers (opiates) were not generally allowed in the field in trauma cases because the doc at the ER could not evaluate head injuries if they are doped up. Not a problem with Nitrous.......

With nitrous, you give them oxygen for 1 minute and the nitrous is out of your system. Totally and completely safe in any good dentists office.

I long time ago I had 2 wisdom teeth taken out, had nitrous and music on the headset that I had picked out, I almost enjoyed the procedure. I’ve never been to a dentist that didn’t use Nitrous since then (i hate the dentist).

Don’t be afraid of nitrous.....embrace it.

We did have a problem with nitrous (aka...laughing gas) disappearing from the ambulances....we fixed that problem. I don’t know if they still use it in the field, my experience is 20 years old.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I’m glad you posted that. My very good friend collapsed a lung and died at a very young age at the river huffing the crap he ran in his boat. It’s not something to be screwed around with.
Sorry for the loss of your friend. We all did, or do, stupid things. Sometimes we learn.
I had always heard they put sulfur dioxide in the auto stuff, to keep people from doing that. I guess it still happens. I always thought of huffing it as being kind of wasteful. Race fuel exhaust was my thing to "huff". I couldn't afford anything cool enough to need race gas, but nitrous helped me keep up with the guys who could.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I fear all dental visits due to traumatic childhood experiences in those damn dental chairs[pre Novocain] .... but I gotta find a good [painless ] dentist in Newport area.... anybody know one? Its time to get some opinions on these neglected chompers.

gqchris

Reaction score
I cant believe you guys need drugs for a cleaning? Jesus.

One of the worse ways to bring pain to your life is neglect your teeth. You will eventually pay the piper.

The shit hurts, it sucks, its uncomfortable. But you HAVE to do it. No way around it. Skip the gas, why impose more risk?

Sack up and schedule your appointments.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Find a good dentist and go frequently. I had so many bad dentists that I just quit going. Then I ended up with a bone infection That simply could not be controlled.
I ended up having to have an entire set of teeth (minus a couple) pulled and that included all four wisdom teeth. After they pulled all teeth they split my gums open and ground away the infected bone. This was all done in one session and they couldn't put me out for fear that I might swallow the bacteria laden material that they were removing and I can tell you that no amount on Novocain can numb this much trauma. It was seven hrs in the chair with two dentists and an oral surgeon sitting on my chest pulling, yanking, grinding and stitching. I'm not sure if this is the worst experience of my life but I can't think of anything as bad.
For the next six weeks all my meals had to be taken through a straw.
So now i have a full set of dentures and a "Ben Affleck" smile. Dentures are kind of a pia but so much better than what I suffered with for years before.
Ho lee chit :eek: