WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

White Castle...I don’t get it?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’ve had White Castle, it’s ok, but the og chicken little was the best, the new ones are ok as well but i remember as a kid that nothing compared to the chicken little.
BEAC4F91-1B12-42A2-BF7C-B627EABCC27C.jpeg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The one I don't understand the hype over is Culvers. They opened one in Havasu and the lines are ridiculous. Tried eating there once and the burgers were only so so but the worst part was there fried cheese curds, those tasted like eating erasers.

Love that place, but only for the frozen custard. The stuff is fantastic.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Love that place, but only for the frozen custard. The stuff is fantastic.
I've heard that their ice cream and frozen custard are great but I wasn't willing to wait in line for it.

PaPaG

Reaction score
We just got one here in Scottsdale. There are hundreds of cars and people in line all day to get some sliders. Girl in my office went yesterday at 9am right when they open and it took her an hour and 25 minutes to get food. The food was ok but nothing special. Honestly we’ve had the frozen ones and they seem just as good as the real deal. I don’t understand the hype.
We went too the one on the 15 on the way out of Vegas hoping for some great sliders, they SUCKED and I would rather eat at any other burger place...needless to say NONE of our group liked the burgers. I remember when we were younger and ate at one and it was decent...don't know what the hype is all about, I am guessing it is the same with the people that actually like starbucks coffee...crap as well.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
So a meat patty on a bun? order that from anywhere and it's gonna be flavorless. why the hell would anyone do that?

A burger is all about the combination of all the ingredients. Even the most badass burger patty known to man isn't gonna be great if you eat it with a fork and knife on a plate by itself.

It saddens me that you havent had a great burger. Toppings exist to enhance not provide the flavor of a burger.
Can i suggest trying a different prop?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Been trying to keep the carbs down. The In n Out lettuce wrapped double double is good. The Mc Donald's bunless 1/4 Pounder is also good. The Burger King bunless burger is terrible.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It saddens me that you havent had a great burger. Toppings exist to enhance not provide the flavor of a burger.
Can i suggest trying a different prop?

I've had many great burgers, especially 3x3s from in-n-out, add chopped chilis :p

As for White Castle, it's not really comparable to a burger, it's just White Castle a totally different genre. It's so distinct in it's flavor that it has a bit of a nostalgic quality.

I haven't ever craved one, but if i'm around one i'll usually stop and have a couple, since they aren't exactly common around here (they do have them on the Strip and out at Jean now, but usually you gotta go to the midwest)

nameisbond

Reaction score
I miss A&W Papa Burgers from when I was in High School and College.
Loved their frosted mug cold root beer as well. :)

Its still on the menu in Canada. If you eat in the restaurant, the root beer is served in a frosted mug. A&W Canada is a separate company from American A&W. So the Canadian menu is still the same from the 1960's. With a few items added.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
anyone that says anything negative about in n out... can't be trusted.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Lately I've been getting a kick ass burger from Chili's.
It's around $8 for a soup/salad, double cheese burger and fries.
Add a tall coors light and tip and you can get out of there for fifteen bucks.

Dalton

Reaction score
Steak And Shake is another one from back east, nothing amazing but its cheap as hell, good for the price

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Being the owner of a mom and pop 1 location joint, it's hard to fathom why anybody even bothers with the fast food phony burgers. Our burgers are fresh and terrific, cooked to order.

And as far as chicken sandwiches at these places, good grief. We do 'em fried or grilled and they put the fast food garbage to shame. same deal, fresh made, juicy and will beat any and all

With internet access, it ain't hard to locate a better burger in any town you ain't familiar with.....Support the local small businesses that do it right and a helluva a lot better.:D

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Being the owner of a mom and pop 1 location joint, it's hard to fathom why anybody even bothers with the fast food phony burgers. Our burgers are fresh and terrific, cooked to order.

And as far as chicken sandwiches at these places, good grief. We do 'em fried or grilled and they put the fast food garbage to shame. same deal, fresh made, juicy and will beat any and all

With internet access, it ain't hard to locate a better burger in any town you ain't familiar with.....Support the local small businesses that do it right and a helluva a lot better.:D
This^^^!!!!

franky

Reaction score
Whataburger rocks. Wish we had one here.
Yep, Whataburger with cheese and jalapeno. There used to be one in Kingman that I would stop at whenever (and whatever time) I drove by. They opened up an In n Out next door and it went away.

franky

Reaction score
A double double protein style with grilled onions and a bunch of salt is pretty good, and fries with salt and pepper are good if they're hot.

The real key to In-N-Out's success might be the consistency. I eat there probably once a week, and can't ever remember having an order screwed up. Their biggest mistake might have been giving me one salt packet instead of two, lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
White death!!

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score

I like home grown burgers the best.:)

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I took that exit off The 101 last week. At first I thought there was some major event going on when I noticed all the cars parked behind the building, then realized it was people going to White Castle. Perhaps people wait in the line so they can talk about it later, like they're in the "club" of those who have been there? We have some place called Dutch Brother's opening up here in Cave Creek soon - the way people have been talking I suspect it will be a similar deal with the lines, then they'll get on the town Facebook page and talk about how they have been there like its badge of honor......to each their own right?

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
You can tell we dont have too many Texans here because this thread hasn't devolved into a Whataburger shitting on In & Out thread. LOL!

I like In & Out and Whataburger. WC looks to be some whisky tango shit. I'll give it a try once the hype cools down.
Or a Blake's Lotta Burger with Green Chile shitting on them all.:D