WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Cdog

Reaction score
At this rate all the boomers that can afford to buy in there will be dead by the time the first house breaks ground.

TCHB

Reaction score
At this rate all the boomers that can afford to buy in there will be dead by the time the first house breaks ground.
Boomers want Dell Webb.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Wow. What an informative video, in all ways the promoter likely would not have desired.

Singleton

Reaction score
Let’s show the same road from as many different angles as possible and not say shit about progress.

As I have said before, great concept, piss poor execution!

WildWilly

Reaction score
It was funny listening to Sheehy respond to questions at the last coffee with the mayor. he did say the city has met their requirements of the intersection and road in(which is pretty much what the video showed) and that now its AZ state parks turn to take over. And that they are outsourcing their part initially for the development, launch and first years operations to a concession vendor, which they are in the bidding stages with 2. And that the Developer has now been released to clear and obtain his next steps/permits to move forward and is expected to release details or lots around January.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Screenshot_20191031-080119_Chrome.jpg
looks like they have a package of 5 lots released for sale.

Tank

Reaction score
How's the project coming? Any building going up? How's the new marina coming along?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
No progress boat launch next year big investors tied to builders pulled out property taxes coming up

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No progress boat launch next year big investors tied to builders pulled out property taxes coming up

I haven’t heard this..

They just netted around 10 million profit from the first phase sales? I’m not sure they’d need any big money investors at this point?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
You said profit with a shit load of investers not much return maybe on the realtors side but not on the initial money .

DWC

Reaction score
Have any of land owners started building yet? @RiverDave
Now that would suck to pay for the lot and not be able to build. Not saying that’s the case. I really hope the project moves forward. More destinations on the water and more docks are a good thing.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
10M revenue from lot sales. Profit is net expenses for prepping land

I’d wager no profit yet, especially with the opportunity cost and how long this development has dragged on. That’s not to say there won’t be profit in the future, but they need to develop and sell more lots.

Maybe when the rack storage facility goes up :)

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’d wager no profit yet, especially with the opportunity cost and how long this development has dragged on. That’s not to say there won’t be profit in the future, but they need to develop and sell more lots.

Maybe when the rack storage facility goes up :)

I was reading your post waiting for rack storage to surface. As much as others say business as usual, sounds like a shit show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
You guys just aren’t used to Havasu timeframes.😊

when I look over there from the water it looks like there’s a few people out there working, not sure what they’re doing, underground utilities, surveys I have no idea. Maybe they’re just over there trying to look busy.😂

Reactions: DWC

MSum661

Reaction score
Now that would suck to pay for the lot and not be able to build. Not saying that’s the case. I really hope the project moves forward. More destinations on the water and more docks are a good thing.

I did that once! Once. And it hung me out to dry for about 2 years on a new ground up residential single family build.
Wasn't a huge problem but enough to irritate the crap out of you.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
I did that once! Once. And it hung me out to dry for about 2 years on a new ground up residential single family build.
Wasn't a huge problem but enough to irritate the crap out of you.
I’d guess that a lot of the homes are 2nd places in the Riviera. Won’t put people out but still not ideal. Hope they get it figured out soon.

Tank

Reaction score
If I just purchased a lot I'd be itching to get building! Wouldn't even care if the marina and storage and golf course and all the other crap was done. I'd want my new home up ASAP!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
If I just purchased a lot I'd be itching to get building! Wouldn't even care if the marina and storage and golf course and all the other crap was done. I'd want my new home up ASAP!

Well!!, Maybe the Marina?:)

Tank

Reaction score
Well!!, Maybe the Marina?:)
lol, I mean yeah, I'd want everything done. But I'd also want to start my home build like yesterday!

Think about how cool that place is gonna be when it's finally done. Bitchen home, right over the lake, golf cart ride down to (hopefully) a great restaurant and bar, tool around the 'hood checkin' the sites, watch the boats launch at that ramp or get forked in from rack storage. Chillin the most livin' that lake life. ;)

Mike K

Reaction score
Was really into it. Went and met the nicest people ... Looked at Marina View , but didn’t like the up /down home layout ... looked at Wren Cove ... very nice ... but by the time u are done building , pool , hard scrape etc ...it’s $1.5 ... minimum ... maybe less if ur in the biz ... thought about living with the construction going on for the next 10 years ... geez ... love the place and smoking views ... but at $1.5 ... IMHO about $300K high for the Havasu market ... could be a very long time to break on a resale ... but when done ... it will be the place to be ... drive ur golf cart down to the restaurant and bar ... so many cool things . I’ll probably look back 5 years from now and say “ dang ... maybe we shoulda done it 🍹”.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
lol, I mean yeah, I'd want everything done. But I'd also want to start my home build like yesterday!

Think about how cool that place is gonna be when it's finally done. Bitchen home, right over the lake, golf cart ride down to (hopefully) a great restaurant and bar, tool around the 'hood checkin' the sites, watch the boats launch at that ramp or get forked in from rack storage. Chillin the most livin' that lake life. ;)

But, you said that "The Bride" was a Major NO!! on the move to Havasu?

🤔

Tank

Reaction score
But, you said that "The Bride" was a Major NO!! on the move to Havasu?

🤔
She doesn't like leaving the beach. But with our daughter moving out there full time, I think we'll need a nice little pad to stay at out there and get out more. Though SOL and Daughter plan on building a pool and casita at their place. ;)

I don't think I could ever bring myself to drop over a mil in Havasu though. Unless we were there full time and that wont ever happen.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Was really into it. Went and met the nicest people ... Looked at Marina View , but didn’t like the up /down home layout ... looked at Wren Cove ... very nice ... but by the time u are done building , pool , hard scrape etc ...it’s $1.5 ... minimum ... maybe less if ur in the biz ... thought about living with the construction going on for the next 10 years ... geez ... love the place and smoking views ... but at $1.5 ... IMHO about $300K high for the Havasu market ... could be a very long time to break on a resale ... but when done ... it will be the place to be ... drive ur golf cart down to the restaurant and bar ... so many cool things . I’ll probably look back 5 years from now and say “ dang ... maybe we shoulda done it 🍹”.
My feeling is it'll be an awesome location when my grandkids are well into their 30s(oldest 15 today).

glamis0812

Reaction score
Was really into it. Went and met the nicest people ... Looked at Marina View , but didn’t like the up /down home layout ... looked at Wren Cove ... very nice ... but by the time u are done building , pool , hard scrape etc ...it’s $1.5 ... minimum ... maybe less if ur in the biz ... thought about living with the construction going on for the next 10 years ... geez ... love the place and smoking views ... but at $1.5 ... IMHO about $300K high for the Havasu market ... could be a very long time to break on a resale ... but when done ... it will be the place to be ... drive ur golf cart down to the restaurant and bar ... so many cool things . I’ll probably look back 5 years from now and say “ dang ... maybe we shoulda done it [emoji484]”.

Sounds exactly like my experience and thoughts. We passed on it and not looking back.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
She doesn't like leaving the beach. But with our daughter moving out there full time, I think we'll need a nice little pad to stay at out there and get out more. Though SOL and Daughter plan on building a pool and casita at their place. ;)

I don't think I could ever bring myself to drop over a mil in Havasu though. Unless we were there full time and that wont ever happen.
My surfer girl can't see herself leave the coast permanently either.

Tank

Reaction score
My surfer girl can't see herself leave the coast permanently either.
I'm totally fine doing a part time thing like so many do. I really love where we live, it's a little hidden gem. But I really love Havasu too. Plan would be to buy a smaller place (3+2) with a pool and RV garage. The typical desired house in havasu. Then do half and half after I retire in a few years.

Tank

Reaction score
Same here 7000 sgft lot in Havasu you have to be crazy to that kind of money
That's southern ca near the coast type pricing. I think it's crazy. But then again, when the place is done it's going to be the bee's knees.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Correct when it’s completed it will be a fun place to be . Just like the refuge and cherry tree and the portion of golf course that was rezoned . Save your money and buy at price cuts here real soon

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Nope.. not dragging their feet at all.

It’s been dragging on for sooo long, they have worn the feet out and are damn near to the knees dragging.

Its been dragging for a long time, only issue is now that lots of people plunked down big money for dirt. I would be pissed if I spent $700k for a lot and now I can’t start construction.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Its been dragging for a long time, only issue is now that lots of people plunked down big money for dirt. I would be pissed if I spent $700k for a lot and now I can’t start construction.
Why can't they begin construction?

checkrd past

Reaction score

Sounds like the Golden Shores deal around 2008.Big money for dirt and a project that died at this level

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
There is someone here that could tell us it seems there well connected in the project

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

MooreMoney

Reaction score
They let them sell lots without utilities? I thought that’s what was taking forever. My guess is plans and getting permits takes 4 months. Building in havasu takes forever right now. Trust me we are doing it right now and things take twice as long as they should.

I'm guessing no services installed yet.