WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey all you Fight On guys

ultrajet

Reaction score
You can thank me later . I think Urban Meyer is on the phone with your AD as I’m typing this :D

westair

Reaction score
Hey ... usc did score the first touchdown ...lol .. well done!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You can thank me later . I think Urban Meyer is on the phone with your AD as I’m typing this :D
This may come back to bite you in the a$$ if Meyer comes to SC. The recruiting pipeline from So Cal to Eugene may slow down..lol :D

ultrajet

Reaction score
This may come back to bite you in the a$$ if Meyer comes to SC. The recruiting pipeline from So Cal to Eugene may slow down..lol :D

Agreed , but PAC is better with a stronger SC . We’ll see

JD D05

Reaction score
Did you see the SC game against Utah..lol :D

Ya that was a weird game. I could not figure out why the DB's kept letting them complete all those jump balls. I know USC has elite receivers but still. To bad because they would probably be in the playoff conversation without that loss.

Did you see USC against BYU?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Ya that was a weird game. I could not figure out why the DB's kept letting them complete all those jump balls. I know USC has elite receivers but still. To bad because they would probably be in the playoff conversation without that loss.

Did you see USC against BYU?
Yes I watched the SC/BYU game. :rolleyes: BYU qb had the game of his life. :)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
After that debacle I'm pretty sure Belton is done. He allowed the team and the school to get embarrassed like that yet the first quarter the team showed they have the talent to compete, just not the coaching.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

playdeep

Reaction score
^^^^This.
Meyer to USC changes the dynamics at the top of the conference.
Look at Ohio State's 5 star stacked roster for further proof

playdeep

Reaction score
USC better hurry...
Florida State just fired Willie Taggert after only 21 games.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
^^^^This.
Meyer to USC changes the dynamics at the top of the conference.
Look at Ohio State's 5 star stacked roster for further proof
Yep. If Meyer comes, the PAC & USC would gain instant respect(at least 1 team). USC would dominate the PAC again and most likely be a competitive rep in the playoff in a year or two. I've heard rumors of Meyer going to FSU, Miami, & Notre Dame but I think USC is most realistic and best place for him to quickly and easily recruit & rebuild a dominate program. The PAC looks alot like the BIG 10 did when Meyer went to Ohio State in 2012: All the other programs were equally average at best, some needing to change coaches, others just not showing potential, the conference was flat without a big name coach and recruiting was prime for easy pickings for a coach with Meyers reputation and recruiting talent. He was able to stock up on talent getting a head start before Harbaugh got to Michigan or Franklin to PSU, not to mention he's just a better more experienced coach. He'd do well at USC.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Didn’t he have issues at Florida before his covering up domestic violence by an assistant at Ohio state? He should fit right in at sc[emoji12][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Didn’t he have issues at Florida before his covering up domestic violence by an assistant at Ohio state? He should fit right in at sc[emoji12][emoji33]

Yeah. His issue at Florida was Cancer and Nick Saban's Crimson Tide.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Yeah. His issue at Florida was Cancer and Nick Saban's Crimson Tide.

I did not know he battled or is battling cancer. I wouldn’t joke about that. I thought he had another scandal to deal with. Besides the Tide.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I did not know he battled or is battling cancer. I wouldn’t joke about that. I thought he had another scandal to deal with. Besides the Tide.

Don't sweat it, Urban Meyer left Florida for health reasons that no-one truly knows about other than him and few months later took his dream job at Ohio State so who knows what the hell his problem is. All I know is when he announced his retirement from OSU, nobody cared or believed him and no goodbye parties were thrown for a brilliant coach who wasn't always on the level with his friends and fans.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Ur
Yep. If Meyer comes, the PAC & USC would gain instant respect(at least 1 team). USC would dominate the PAC again and most likely be a competitive rep in the playoff in a year or two. I've heard rumors of Meyer going to FSU, Miami, & Notre Dame but I think USC is most realistic and best place for him to quickly and easily recruit & rebuild a dominate program. The PAC looks alot like the BIG 10 did when Meyer went to Ohio State in 2012: All the other programs were equally average at best, some needing to change coaches, others just not showing potential, the conference was flat without a big name coach and recruiting was prime for easy pickings for a coach with Meyers reputation and recruiting talent. He was able to stock up on talent getting a head start before Harbaugh got to Michigan or Franklin to PSU, not to mention he's just a better more experienced coach. He'd do well at USC.
I doubt USC is hiring Urban Liar. They are trying to get away from any type of scandals etc and granted Meyer is a good coach his past history shows he's not exactly the type of hire you would want if you are trying to clean up a program.

JD D05

Reaction score
Ur

I doubt USC is hiring Urban Liar. They are trying to get away from any type of scandals etc and granted Meyer is a good coach his past history shows he's not exactly the type of hire you would want if you are trying to clean up a program.

They want Urban period. He might be the best ever. I really don't think much at all of the ohio state deal. I don't mind a guy the minds his own business, but that's just my read on it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Ur

You clearly don’t get sports fans in So. Cal. They are the most fair weather fans in the nation, and all they care about is winning. Wins bring the fans which brings the $$$ to the program. USC is always in the middle of a scandal, nothing new. Fight On!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
They want Urban period. He might be the best ever. I really don't think much at all of the ohio state deal. I don't mind a guy the minds his own business, but that's just my read on it.

I get minding your own business. But are telling me you would hang and have a beer with your neighbor who you know beats the shit out of his wife. Probably a bad comparison but I think you get what I mean.

JD D05

Reaction score
I get minding your own business. But are telling me you would hang and have a beer with your neighbor who you know beats the shit out of his wife. Probably a bad comparison but I think you get what I mean.

I probably don't know all the facts but when I stopped hearing about it he did not know of that.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I probably don't know all the facts but when I stopped hearing about it he did not know of that.

Don’t know all the facts myself but I thought he came out and said he should of done something about it when he heard. Not trying to argue at all. I just done think if he knew and did nothing about what was happening I would want him as my top tier coach.

JD D05

Reaction score
Don’t know all the facts myself but I thought he came out and said he should of done something about it when he heard. Not trying to argue at all. I just done think if he knew and did nothing about what was happening I would want him as my top tier coach.

Ya he did but in my opinion that was to satisfy the politics of it. But again just my take. I could be wrong

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Ur

Your right. Maybe they'll hire Lori Loughlin….:D

HBCraig

Reaction score

The best ever? He is good but needs to win a few more titles to be considered.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Maybe 3rd best ever after Bear Bryant and Nick Saben. Comparing coaches and teams from different eras is impossible and never-ending debate.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
USC should hire the LSU coach...
LOL. Yes they should've. Good one! Unless LSU gets rid of him and that happening anytime soon he aint going anywhere.
I bet Lane would return to coach if given the chance.

nowski

Reaction score
Urban Meyer, for a guy that retired from coaching twice due to health reasons (yeah right) he's in the driver seat to land another Big Coaching Job. Two guys that really deserve credit for Urban's coaching success are Alex Smith and Tim Tebow but that's just my opinion. SC might be the perfect fit since they have talent on both sides of the ball and lot$ of Money something all Big Time Coache$ look for when looking for their next coaching gig.

If some Trojan miracle takes place and SC lands Urban for that future vacant job, the SC fan base have found a way to help relieve Urban's headaches in a losing cause. They simply put on the uniform of the winning team keeping boo's from the crowd down to a minimum. That will drive down Urban's stress level and minimize his chances for a headache in case of another SC beat down, Fight On...

Wishy washy.jpg

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I didn't know Spike Lee was a Oregon Trojan's fan. Maybe just a Oregon trojan……...