WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

transfer switch and home generator.

adam909

Reaction score
Due to where I live and with the high winds that happen regularly our power is getting shut off.. Im clueless to what I need but im looking for a transfer switch panel installed at the house and larger generator then what I have (Yamaha 3000) to run the house.. Don't know what I need or what would work best in my situation.. Any help would be great.. Also looking for a company/person that is legit and can set it up correctly and as well have it permitted.. located North Fontana/devore Thanks Adam

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Due to where I live and with the high winds that happen regularly our power is getting shut off.. Im clueless to what I need but im looking for a transfer switch panel installed at the house and larger generator then what I have (Yamaha 3000) to run the house.. Don't know what I need or what would work best in my situation.. Any help would be great.. Also looking for a company/person that is legit and can set it up correctly and as well have it permitted.. Thanks Adam
Just a suggestion, but at least a rough idea of where you're located might help your cause. ;)

wallnutz

Reaction score
Who’s in charge of checking if he gets the right permits?:p

schiadastan

Reaction score
Due to where I live and with the high winds that happen regularly our power is getting shut off.. Im clueless to what I need but im looking for a transfer switch panel installed at the house and larger generator then what I have (Yamaha 3000) to run the house.. Don't know what I need or what would work best in my situation.. Any help would be great.. Also looking for a company/person that is legit and can set it up correctly and as well have it permitted.. located North Fontana/devore Thanks Adam
F0812201-987B-4547-A1D7-872CF888869E.jpeg
This what I have and it worked perfect. Pretty much the whole house works . 3 fregs., tv, comp. etc etc...

Attachments

• 27C8F134-B5F6-4E67-B368-C44978AAD1EA.jpeg
    27C8F134-B5F6-4E67-B368-C44978AAD1EA.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 207

schiadastan

Reaction score
The election put the box in the garage and the plug is mounted outside

Turnup

Reaction score
Make sure the gene is 220, 30a is good 50 would be killer. If you have a pool you can tuck the setup far away from the house and use the pool equipment sub panel to back feed the house and keep the noise level down. If you have a variable speed pump you'll be able to run the pool even. This is what I have, my pool equipment is 70' from the house and tucked in a low wall area. I also heard a doghouse is a good cover for a gene to get sound levels down further. This power outage bs will be the new norm but you'll have the house solid without having to do a big production system.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I think it was DAB on here that had/has a full house 22KW generator with automatic transfer switch for sale. It was listed at a good price and add about $1000 bucks to have it professionally installed. No better way to go that I know of. I had one when I lived in Arrowhead it it was flawless!

adam909

Reaction score
I think it was DAB on here that had/has a full house 22KW generator with automatic transfer switch for sale. It was listed at a good price and add about $1000 bucks to have it professionally installed. No better way to go that I know of. I had one when I lived in Arrowhead it it was flawless!

just looked and it's sold.. thanks

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Are you in Rosena ranch?
I was gonna do the generac 22kw but couldn’t find anywhere to put it with out ripping up my yard.

I ordered a Honda eu7000 and member here is installing transfer switch. Fuck the permit it just a trans switch. If you are in Rosena maybe he’d be willing to do both houses same day. He’s set to come out this Friday

Xring01

Reaction score
Dudes

time the fuck out.

you can kill Utility lineman with these thought processes...

stop this shit now..

back feeding the grid can kill people..

I am not Joking...

get a qualified electrician before you kill somebody...

again, i am not joking...

wow, I am amazed how little the average person knows about the safety in dealings with electric load loads..

people can die, do not hook up a generator to your house until you know how to do it safely

not only the people downstream from your house, your family can also be in danger.. electricity at this level can be deadly without the necessary safety barriers and processes.

Stop Now, get qualified people inplace to help you, or be prepared to bury a kid or get sued for negligence..

I AM NOT JOKING,

from the some of you talk, best case scenario is a house fire..because you overload a circuit, because you dont understamd the backfeeding load.

please stop this now..

get professionals before you hurt your family, burn your house down, or kill someone.

Last edited:

Joe mama

Reaction score
General 22KW with auto transfer is the ticket. 4 timed output relays. But if your neighbors are close buy you may have to throw them a
A cord. Those bastards are a bit loud.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
This is what you need, they have different kw available too. I’ve been looking one for my MIL who lives in Rosena Ranch.

392896CC-A548-43FA-A030-413C69D53656.png

Gelcoater

Reaction score
A678C124-4323-43CF-8704-46F88BB05CF9.jpeg
9C040B27-08C8-4B05-9C12-B44BC46015C3.jpeg
My bud in Nor Cal set him moms place up with this.
Pretty sure it was Home Depot, May have been Lowe’s? Chain store,)
They set him up with an electrical contractor to do the job right.
Dudes

time the fuck out.

stop this shit now..

I am not Joking...

wow, I am amazed how little the average person knows about the safety in dealings with electric load loads..

people can die, do not hook up a generator to your house until you know how to do it safely

not only the people downstream from your house, your family can also be in danger.. electricity at this level can be deadly without the necessary safety barriers and processes.

Stop Now, get qualified people inplace to help you, or be prepared to bury a kid or get sued for negligence..

I AM NOT JOKING,

from the some of you talk, best case scenario is a house fire..because you overload a circuit, because you dont understamd the backfeeding load.

please stop this now..

get professionals before you hurt your family, burn your house down, or kill someone.
And this is worth reading several more times.

hallett21

Reaction score
Dudes

time the fuck out.

stop this shit now..

I am not Joking...

I AM NOT JOKING,

please stop this now..

Maybe I missed it but everyone who posted here suggested using a correctly sized transfer switch.

I’m in agreement with you about having it done correctly by a qualified EC.

To the OP the Generac 22KW installed with 200amp ATS is 8-10k depending on locations of gas, electrical panel, generator location etc.

The package alone with tax and shipping is over $5,500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but everyone who posted here suggested using a correctly sized transfer switch.

I’m in agreement with you about having it done correctly by a qualified EC.

To the OP the Generac 22KW installed with 200amp ATS is 8-10k depending on locations of gas, electrical panel, generator location etc.

The package alone with tax and shipping is over $5,500.

Transfer switchs are required to safely operate a generator or solar system, when the power goes out...

Assuming everything is installed correctly, and islanding your own micro grid..

If its not installed correctly, and you backfeed to the grid, then you will overload your generator, creating alot of heat on the electrical lines feeding the generator that can result in a fire..., or burning up your generator, or many other scenarios..

Its not as simple as going down toHarbor freight, buying a generator and an extension cord.....

Electricity is very dangerous, please get certified electricians for your installs. Your system needs to be designed for your application.

senorpdog

Reaction score
Does anyone know someone in Riverside that can install a transfer switch?

hallett21

Reaction score
Transfer switchs are required to safely operate a generator or solar system, when the power goes out...

Assuming everything is installed correctly, and islanding your own micro grid..

If its not installed correctly, and you backfeed to the grid, then you will overload your generator, creating alot of heat on the electrical lines feeding the generator that can result in a fire..., or burning up your generator, or many other scenarios..

Its not as simple as going down toHarbor freight, buying a generator and an extension cord.....

Electricity is very dangerous, please get certified electricians for your installs. Your system needs to be designed for your application.

I’m a C10 [emoji1303]

adam909

Reaction score
Are you in Rosena ranch?
I was gonna do the generac 22kw but couldn’t find anywhere to put it with out ripping up my yard.

I ordered a Honda eu7000 and member here is installing transfer switch. Fuck the permit it just a trans switch. If you are in Rosena maybe he’d be willing to do both houses same day. He’s set to come out this Friday

yes rosena ranch. I believe down the street from ya.. Let me know how that Honda 7k works.. Ive been eyeballing that gen.. Ive had great luck with honda inverter gens..

Ill be doing mine the legit way.. I've learned its easier and cheaper to follow the rules..

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m a C10 [emoji1303]

Spoke with my son today who's up in your area. Told me he's swamped with residential Gen installs. They stopped selling & installing Generacs after experiencing a rash of problems and failures. Switched to Kohlers and having much better success.

He mentioned on the smaller portable hookups they're using breaker interlock kits in lieu of transfer switches. According to him, they make them for just about any make and model panel, but since they're not installing a special "E" panel and transfer switch, managing the load does become the burden of the home owner.
Most of this home genny stuff is new to me, I was mostly manufacturing and industrial.
Only residential I've done since the late 60's was a couple of "Help a friend" remodels and my own post fire rebuild.

hallett21

Reaction score
Spoke with my son today who's up in your area. Told me he's swamped with residential Gen installs. They stopped selling & installing Generacs after experiencing a rash of problems and failures. Switched to Kohlers and having much better success.

He mentioned on the smaller portable hookups they're using breaker interlock kits in lieu of transfer switches. According to him, they make them for just about any make and model panel, but since they're not installing a special "E" panel and transfer switch, managing the load does become the burden of the home owner.
Most of this home genny stuff is new to me, I was mostly manufacturing and industrial.
Only residential I've done since the late 60's was a couple of "Help a friend" remodels and my own post fire rebuild.

Pretty much the program I’m running. Curious who your son is lol.

The interlock kit is 20-100 bucks plus a generator receptacle. I just only install them for “savy” clients. Not the Beverly Hills “just make it work” types.

Currently working on getting my Cummins cert. Generac has the market share and its my experience referrals want what the neighbor has. Few people are typical educated RDP type [emoji6]. Bottom line all of these 100% stand by generators are expensive.

Im a bigger fan of a Honda EU7000. I know it won’t run the AC and electric oven. But if shit really hits the fan any person can find unleaded.

I’m probably leaving money on the table but I have a hard time selling something that I wouldn’t expect to take care of my wife, mom or little brother.

That’s not to say the Koehler, Generac, or Cummins won’t get it done. They all will, until there’s an earthquake. Or if you need to evacuate from home.

rrrr

Reaction score
The Honda EU7000 is a great unit.

Taboma

Reaction score
Pretty much the program I’m running. Curious who your son is lol.

The interlock kit is 20-100 bucks plus a generator receptacle. I just only install them for “savy” clients. Not the Beverly Hills “just make it work” types.

Currently working on getting my Cummins cert. Generac has the market share and its my experience referrals want what the neighbor has. Few people are typical educated RDP type [emoji6]. Bottom line all of these 100% stand by generators are expensive.

Im a bigger fan of a Honda EU7000. I know it won’t run the AC and electric oven. But if shit really hits the fan any person can find unleaded.

I’m probably leaving money on the table but I have a hard time selling something that I wouldn’t expect to take care of my wife, mom or little brother.

That’s not to say the Koehler, Generac, or Cummins won’t get it done. They all will, until there’s an earthquake. Or if you need to evacuate from home.

I think I've got a general idea of your work area, so I'd guess you've both probably pissed on the same hydrant :p