WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Back way to Desert Bar

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Holy crap , what a ride ! 5 miles of almost impossible rutted / bumpy trails . It was fun to do , but next time I’ll probably go the easier route

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Last time we went up to the Goldfish ponds portions of the trail looked like that. Slow go in some areas.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Holy crap , what a ride ! 5 miles of almost impossible rutted / bumpy trails . It was fun to do , but next time I’ll probably go the easier route

There was a couple sections that had some boulders.. but overall the ride used to be easy?

Kids do it on xr50’s??

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The easier route isn’t even worth towing a sxs for. Graded dirt road.

Singleton

Reaction score
Looks like the first mile or so.
Planning on running the back way Sunday in the Jeep

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Looks like the first mile or so.
Planning on running the back way Sunday in the Jeep
Think twice, we passed a few Jeeps / 4x4 's that changed their minds when they saw how rough it was .

riverroyal

Reaction score
Back way is perfect! It’s not hard, just slow. I have never bottomed anything out.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Unless something has changed drastically since last year, this shouldn’t be a difficult ride for a Sxs?

You sure you didn’t get off the trail and end up on some road less travelled kinda instance? Lol

PlanB

Reaction score
Unless something has changed drastically since last year, this shouldn’t be a difficult ride for a Sxs?

You sure you didn’t get off the trail and end up on some road less travelled kinda instance? Lol

I was thinking the same. We do it in a Jeep all the time. We recently ran some trails up in Havasupai that were worse.

Singleton

Reaction score
Think twice, we passed a few Jeeps / 4x4 's that changed their minds when they saw how rough it was .

It has always been rough in a few spots. The first section then going up/over the hill. Besides that it was not that bad (been 2 years since we last ran it).
SXS do more trail damage then most realize when they spin the wheels

PlanB

Reaction score
It has always been rough in a few spots. The first section then going up/over the hill. Besides that it was not that bad (been 2 years since we last ran it).
SXS do more trail damage then most realize when they spin the wheels

Here are the two sections you are talking about from a run in the Jeep last year.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Actually there were some serious rains this year. There’s one section on the side of a hill that’s washed out and gone. Someone put a rail road tie there. If you’re in a truck or something wide it could be an issue. The rocky sections seems worse than years before also. I take that way ten times a year? Idk. Seems like this year it’s extra fucked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Just keep your Jeep off to the side when the sxs’s are behind you please. [emoji51][emoji23]

Always! I usually am pulled over before you have it hit your brakes unless we are in a spot that has to place to move

Singleton

Reaction score
Actually there were some serious rains this year. There’s one section on the side of a hill that’s washed out and gone. Someone put a rail road tie there. If you’re in a truck or something wide it could be an issue. The rocky sections seems worse than years before also. I take that way ten times a year? Idk. Seems like this year it’s extra fucked up.

Well shit. Not what I want to hear.
We were planning on taking friends that are camp hosting at Buckskin for 6 months. Might just go the easy way now.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Well shit. Not what I want to hear.
We were planning on taking friends that are camp hosting at Buckskin for 6 months. Might just go the easy way now.

We made it through but just kinda went for it and didn’t think about it. It’s the only little section that I think could be an issue. It’s closer to the desert bar before the Y where you go towards the Rooster or the trail that goes around to the main road.

Singleton

Reaction score
We made it through but just kinda went for it and didn’t think about it. It’s the only little section that I think could be an issue. It’s closer to the desert bar before the Y where you go towards the Rooster or the trail that goes around to the main road.

Thanks for the info Paul. Might run it and see what occurs. After the rocky hill you can always take the trail to the main entrance and take the easy way in. If my memory is right.

Thinking I run it (need to good morning jog) and see before hitting it with the Jeep.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Did you end up going with those rzr aid tender springs?

Mikes56

Reaction score
Where does this trail start in town? One of the members sent me the info and I just bought Lead Nav, but I can't figure out where it starts.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Yea , probably more than once .
Did you end up going with those rzr aid tender springs?
Yes , put new tender springs on , rides better and gained about 3 inches of ground clearance

Last edited:

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Where does this trail start in town? One of the members sent me the info and I just bought Lead Nav, but I can't figure out where it starts.
Near Buckskin

GETBOATS

Reaction score
did it back in Nov. 2015, mapped it out prior and told my wife it looked easy. keeping in mind, off roading to her is a dirt parking lot. stock rhino with bigger tires. kept telling her "it gets better just over that hill";). the no beer part kinda sucked, both ways, but the world we live in. gotta do it once!!! I'd go again for sure