WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quit Golf

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I hope this catches on! LOL

River Runnin

Reaction score
That's ME!! ... A high dollar set of clubs, a box of balls that I drove into a river, and never played a round!....ever! :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I've honestly been so displeased with my play a few times that I verbalized "I'm quitting ", kinda gave up and stopped trying......just walked up to ball and whacked it without caring.
Next thing you know I'm 3 under on the last 5 holes. :rolleyes:
Well, guess I won't quit afterall.:D:cool::)

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Mostly the ones who have their cell phones set to blast their playlist.o_O
You don't like listening to music when you play?? We had 80s classic rock blasting during our round yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You don't like listening to music when you play?? We had 80s classic rock blasting during our round yesterday.

I like music but golf isn't my preferred venue. I like hearing the hawks scream, birds chirping and honestly the solitude. Times change though and I get it, I just don't wanna hear Hells Bells blasting(as much as I dig it)while I'm putting for eagle from 6 feet.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lol, as if I putt for eagle, ever. Screenshot_20181121-194248_Google.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I like music but golf isn't my preferred venue. I like hearing the hawks scream, birds chirping and honestly the solitude. Times change though and I get it, I just don't wanna hear Hells Bells blasting(as much as I dig it)while I'm putting for eagle from 6 feet.
I get that for sure. I usually just have a little JL Bluetooth speaker and keep it to where I can only hear it, sitting in the cart. My buddy, on the other hand...........[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Love to play, but had to quit due to arthritis in my neck and now my hands.....:(

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
There was a time I was playing 3-4 rounds a week. My game did drop down to the low 80s and high 70s. If I was having a bad day I'd just stop. I truly felt I would have just been practicing bad aspects of my game. Due to back problems etc, I'm no longer able to play. Heck, now I'd take one of those bad days in a heart beat.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Well thanks for this. I was going to start taking lessons but I think I'll just quit now before I start. :D

JD D05

Reaction score
I played about 2 rounds a week for years with my brother but stopped playing when he moved away. He has since moved back and we play 2 to 3 times a week. My brother is about a 3 handicap and has helped me a ton this year with my swing. I really enjoy playing and want to shoot well but don't take it to serious. I shot a 81 Sunday with a triple and had 5 puts I should have made for par.

JD D05

Reaction score
I play a lot but my game has not improved much over the last few yrs. Decided I was going to take it more seriously because I enjoy it, and my buddies and me usually play for money. It's not a lot, usually a buck a hole. Anyway it's not about the cash, it's about the fact that I love smoking their ass's, and I find it extremely satisfying to take their money! This season I decided to add insult to injury by becoming a better, more consistent player, so I could beat them even more consistently. Well lets just say it hasn't worked out that way. I've hit so many balls at the range that I've developed Golfers Elbow. If you haven't experienced it let me just say that it's a bundle of fun for the whole family. It hurts like a bitch, and has side lined me now for going on 3 months. I tried to pull start the lawn mower the other day and it felt like someone hit me in the elbow with a sledge hammer, all for the sake of my massive ego, and a Stupid Fucking game invented by dudes who wear skirts.

Sunday Davis Park you in?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I'm not old enough to golf...... and I'm too short

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I played about 2 rounds a week for years with my brother but stopped playing when he moved away. He has since moved back and we play 2 to 3 times a week. My brother is about a 3 handicap and has helped me a ton this year with my swing. I really enjoy playing and want to shoot well but don't take it to serious. I shot a 81 Sunday with a triple and had 5 puts I should have made for par.
I have gotten a lot better since starting to play once a week. I consider it more of a drinking hobby than anything. Don't take it too seriously.

JD D05

Reaction score
Lol, I'd love to. Got pain killers? Actually, it was bothering me so much that i finally went to a doctor. He basically told me I'm a dumb ass for not laying off the clubs sooner, and that I'd better take it seriously or wind up in surgery. Now I'm just hoping it heals up before the snow flies and sledding starts.

No I wish. Ya you should not be doing anything with sled season fast approaching.

Letsride22

Reaction score
Nice!

Old Texan

Reaction score
Get lessons from a good teaching Pro and do what he says until the old bad habits go away and the new "awkward" lessons positions take hold. Develop a proper grip and work on it 'til it is second nature.

Limit range balls to quality shots rather than just quantity of repetition. Hitting 2 buckets does nothing good if you get tired and ingrain a bad habit.

Spend twice as much time chipping and pitching and putting. That is where the strokes come off. Learn to read greens and understand how the grass/grain effects ball travel and speed.

Develop a repetitive preshot routine'

To paraphrase Jack Nicklaus, "good shots are the best of your bad shots." No one is going to hit every shot crisp, but the more that are hit close to crisp will improve your score.

And last and far from least, learn the rules and focus on proper golf etiquette. Be ready to hit on your turn and develop a good brisk pace.

Fairways and Greens:D

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
I love the game, sure sometimes it's frustrating as hell. But i try and use it help my mental focus for boat racing. I haven't played much the last couple years, to much work and in the shop working on boats. I need to get out on the course.

oldschool

Reaction score

You do realize that no one on the course wants to hear yore music right?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Watched Tommys Honour last night on golf channel. Great story with a really sad ending. Never really knew the actual tale behind this father/son duo. Golfing history for sure.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Watched Tommys Honour last night on golf channel. Great story with a really sad ending. Never really knew the actual tale behind this father/son duo. Golfing history for sure.
The "Founders" of the game basically. Or at least the family that brought it serious attention. Be interesting to see what they could do with modern equipment.

Had some friends that played with as old of gear as they could find and it was a real different experience. My first go as a kid was with some old wood shaft clubs an uncle had stashed in his garage. Lotsa feel, but mishits were duds.:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The "Founders" of the game basically. Or at least the family that brought it serious attention. Be interesting to see what they could do with modern equipment.

Had some friends that played with as old of gear as they could find and it was a real different experience. My first go as a kid was with some old wood shaft clubs an uncle had stashed in his garage. Lotsa feel, but mishits were duds.:D
My regular course has weekly gathering of hickory stick players. Some of those clubs are really cool and beautiful.