WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Low profile deck

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Hello all;
Looking for a little advice on a deck project at my house. I am looking at making something flush with the sidewalk. The wife already ruled out concrete and pavers are going to be a pain with the radius ends along with the overlap on the existing sidewalk. Looking at synthetic deck. Any suggestions on what to use and how to lay it out without traditional piers and beams? I don't really want to dig two feed of dirt out. This is the first of several beds that will get this treatment. There is probably a major yard remodel in 6-10 years but I need something for the present time. This goes along with removing a few sick trees, more grass, and something covering the office ........... upload_2019-11-6_14-58-3.png

Thanks
upload_2019-11-6_14-58-3.png

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Stained or stamped concrete or contrasting pavers to the original, sorry that's all I got

LakeBeard

Reaction score
If you don't want to dig the whole thing out and plan to replace in a few years anyway, you can just burry a few 4x4 (pressure treated) in the dirt and lay the boards on that. I would not go synthetic as it will be pricy just to replace in few years. if you go w/ the 4x4, make sure to stake them down so the deck is a little more sturdy. Not proper, but it will do for a few years.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
If you don't want to dig the whole thing out and plan to replace in a few years anyway, you can just burry a few 4x4 (pressure treated) in the dirt and lay the boards on that. I would not go synthetic as it will be pricy just to replace in few years. if you go w/ the 4x4, make sure to stake them down so the deck is a little more sturdy. Not proper, but it will do for a few years.

Using this general idea, I wonder how it would go to just bury pressure treated 2x6's on edge arranged like you would your normal support structure, then cap them with the deck material. A pressure treated post will last into the teens for years. I also have a trencher so cutting them in would be cake.