WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Considering changing the theme a bit..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think the name "RiverDavesPlace" kinda makes this place sound like somebodies my space page, or personal website. While I don't really care how big or small this site gets (so long as it's quality) I think it has turned some of the mfg's / builders off a bit with the theme.

I'm considering a little overhaul to make it a little less "personal" with regards to me, and a little more geared towards projects in general.

When I registered the name RDP, we also registered "RiverCustoms" and RiverNMore .com's perspectively.

I'm really leaning towards rivercustoms in the hopes to attract more guys like Racey / TPI / and others into posting their projects here as a host site for them.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Thoughts?

RD

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I think the name "RiverDavesPlace" kinda makes this place sound like somebodies my space page, or personal website. While I don't really care how big or small this site gets (so long as it's quality) I think it has turned some of the mfg's / builders off a bit with the theme.

I'm considering a little overhaul to make it a little less "personal" with regards to me, and a little more geared towards projects in general.

When I registered the name RDP, we also registered "RiverCustoms" and RiverNMore .com's perspectively.

I'm really leaning towards rivercustoms in the hopes to attract more guys like Racey / TPI / and others into posting their projects here as a host site for them.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Thoughts?

RD

I thought you had a myspace page?

Not a bad idea, I would like to see somemore of the custom skunk works that people are doing, and I think changing may do just that. I like RiverCustoms over RiverNMore, but either one works for me.

Will all information (posts, blogs, pictures, screennames and content) be transfered over without too many glitches and hickups. Or are we all going to have to start back a square-zero/one?

:beer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Basically be the same board, with different forum titles, and a different name at the top. The content will remain so everyone won't have to start over or anything.

RD

Eazykiller

Laurie
Reaction score

Good idea? Bad idea?

Thoughts?

RD

So who wants this place to be about quality?
i'll be happy if i can hit 100 post tonight:joke

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol.. I read this without looking at the date. I was like... you gotta be kidding me. With all the marketing and name branding this guy has done NOWWWWW he wants to change the name. lol. Glad I read a bit more before posting something along the lines of "Dave, you are fucking crazy."

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Don’t do it Dave. You’ve spent all these years building a name and a brand. Keep building on it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I would leave the names as is and just open the similarly named bar, then it all works.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I missed the date as well.

My first though was this is step 1 for selling the site. Lol.

guest hs

Reaction score
Here’s my 2 cents. This is the only Forum I participate in or follow. I found it years ago through a search of v drive day cruiser. I like the size and content of this website it’s not to big there a lot of info and good people on here. I like the name it sounds like a down to earth and an involved individual running it that has a passion for custom boats and the Colorado River. The only thing I would change is the color of the font that reminds everybody about a sad day on Lake Havasu.

guest hs

Reaction score
Haha just read the date but I still feel the same

Englewood

Reaction score
A smart builder should be more concerned with the content and user base than the actual name. I say keep it.

If you decide to change, keep the letters RDP so the branding doesnt change.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Back in the day when you were thinking about changing the name I snapped up a bunch of the domains and pointed them to some questionable sites like "meatspin":eek::D

I remember HavasuDavesPlace.com being one.:D

Also I would have owned HotBoat.com if I would have just kept my mouth shut. Bidding was almost over for it and I was the lead bidder because no one knew about it. I posted something about it either here or on Performance boats and the bidding went nuts.:mad:

I recall registering like 2-3 a week for a while. Over the years I'm guessing I've registered close to 200 domains.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Back in the day when you were thinking about changing the name I snapped up a bunch of the domains and pointed them to some questionable sites like "meatspin":eek::D

I remember HavasuDavesPlace.com being one.:D

Also I would have owned HotBoat.com if I would have just kept my mouth shut. Bidding was almost over for it and I was the lead bidder because no one knew about it. I posted something about it either here or on Performance boats and the bidding went nuts.:mad:

I recall registering like 2-3 a week for a while. Over the years I'm guessing I've registered close to 200 domains.

And here you are today. :)

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I think migrating it more to just RDP instead of RiverDavesPlace is best. You still keep the branding you have worked on while separating yourself from the “original” name. Kinda like DCB has done.

Taboma

Reaction score
Comjng sooner than ya think. ;)
Yawning.jpg
:D

Spudsbud

Reaction score
since you kindly asked.....
Nooooooooo.
1, Love the name.
RDP is an Ameicana Logo.
Change nothing.

2 conspiracy theorist....new/change name.means all new.logos on hats,shirts, cups....... et. al.
Sales ploy..... I see what youre doing there :D

3 Im here no matter what.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here’s my 2 cents. This is the only Forum I participate in or follow. I found it years ago through a search of v drive day cruiser. I like the size and content of this website it’s not to big there a lot of info and good people on here. I like the name it sounds like a down to earth and an involved individual running it that has a passion for custom boats and the Colorado River. The only thing I would change is the color of the font that reminds everybody about a sad day on Lake Havasu.

Goto the top right hand corner of the website.. See that lightbulb? Click it and "turn the lights on". :D.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.11.32 PM.png