WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cockpit Video of Twin Boat Flip at Key West

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You gotta be shitting me..

That scuba tank came out and whacked that guy pretty good.. he’s lucky he didn’t get more tangled up in the lines. I’d be rethinking that entire program and how that works after that incident.

hallett21

Reaction score
You gotta be shitting me..

That scuba tank came out and whacked that guy pretty good.. he’s lucky he didn’t get more tangled up in the lines. I’d be rethinking that entire program and how that works after that incident.

No kidding. Had one of them been knocked unconscious the other may have drowned trying to get to the hatch.

That video is way more violent than the shore video I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So they have air on board, but not mounted to their helmets, thats not a great route to go if you are knocked out, ie you wont be able to grab the regulator. When I raced in a capsule I used the LifeLine air helmet, it was water activated so if I was knocked out I still got air while rescue came and go me.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Can't believe the bottles broke loose like that. DANGEROUS.

Would not be fun. Glad to see the are both ok

sirbob

Reaction score
That is some scary shit!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I see the regulators now, they are attached to the harness and laying in his lap. If you have ever been upside down in a boat strapped in and underwater it is terrifying, all of the pool capsule training practice doesnt do shit, you freak out.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
What about the drivers seat belt? Not tight enough? Broke? He didn’t stay in the seat

4Waters

Reaction score
Instant blood on the throttle mans leg from the air tank smashing into it.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
What about the drivers seat belt? Not tight enough? Broke? He didn’t stay in the seat

I thought so too, but after watching it a couple times i think he may have just popped it really fast?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Holy cow that is some crazy shit, amazing how violent that is

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
holy fKing crap! Some cool fast thinking (while they still probably trying to figure out what just hit them), and good they were both conscious.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
WOW, that looks crazy!! With that said that whole set up in the cockpit seems way unsafe!! Shit flying around, no air in the helmet.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
They also looked like the boat did make contact with each other right before the flip. Not sure if that has anything to do with the flip.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
How many watched that and were holding their breath to see how long they were underwater? Pretty scary stuff to be trapped upside down and water rushing in.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
And no Head and neck restraint. Uhhh, no thanks. I guess just because you have a shit load of money it doesn’t make you smart. ‍SMH

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
It shows how violent those crashes are. Reminds me of Mike Fiore’s crash, and he was going Much faster. I have a ton of respect for these guys.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I can’t tell, did they go out the hatch in the top of the boat or the bottom of the boat, or a side window...it looks like the side window. Scary shit!

River Runnin

Reaction score
So much for 5 point Safety Harnesses! ....Daaaaaamn!

Icky

Reaction score
Had that been a real race car with crumble zones built in, the a pillar would've never broke like that.....:D

Glad everyone was ok, that bottle could've killed someone :eek:

JD D05

Reaction score
That must have been a nasty gash in the guy's leg to bleed out that fast.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Can't believe how fast the cockpit filled up - total panic time. Looks like either both or neither get out. I'm sure there will be some reverse engineering after they see what actually happened. That's one of those times that those involved really don't know how fast things were happening.

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
A little video from the cockpit of one of the boats involved in the twin boat flip at Key West. Looks a little scary to me.

Jesus! Was the air tank held in with Velcro? They need to retool their entire safety system. This was the best case outcome for these guys... could have ended up way worse if that tank had a direct hit to his head.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
How many watched that and were holding their breath to see how long they were underwater? Pretty scary stuff to be trapped upside down and water rushing in.
I don't think they were actually underwater in the cockpit. Still must be hard in the moment to think up is down, down is up.

getreal

Reaction score
Been there, done that. Twice...
Actually 3 times, once in an open boat.

nrbr

Reaction score
The lines usually sit lose on the lap so you can move around more after an incident. They did a great job unwrapping and getting out. A tall order after a crash like that

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I don't think they were actually underwater in the cockpit. Still must be hard in the moment to think up is down, down is up.

Correct. Just look at the blood. Wouldn’t be like that if in water.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
I think the throttleman's shin caught the bottom of the dash. I would say some new regs on cockpit safety will be in the works.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
You're right! After i watched it again on a computer screen they got out before the cockpit filled with water...