WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

SoCalDave

Reaction score
20191029_171018.jpg
20191029_174433.jpg
Brought the grandkids down to the patch on PCH in LB.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
MGM Grand - dinner and drinks at the Puck bar then meeting up with daughter and friend for Twenty-One Pilots!
Wake up you need to make money...stressed out
IMG_95871.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
C33FF42B-0ED0-4008-A81D-59748CDB14B8.jpeg
5446CE7B-1C82-4E48-B50D-DF08E00830A7.jpeg
Well we got snow pretty much shut down site today ( Dekalb, I’ll ) got my Polaris stuck and had to call in The Big Dog to push me out or I might still be there :)

old rigger

Reaction score
My uncle passed away earlier this year at 72. I grew up next door to him when I was a kid and he was about 10 years oder than me. The year he graduated high school he bought a brand new 1965 Barracuda Formula S. I thought it was the coolest car around and the joke for the last 40 or so years was when was he going to sell me the car. I was surprised when I found out the car was left to me because I always assumed it'd go to one of his daughters. It hasn't been started since 1982 ish, about the time he bought his ranch in Santa Paula, but it only has 29,XXX original miles on the ticker. Not sure why he sanded the top, hood and trunk lid and didn't do anything with that but it's pretty damn straight. No rust except for a little on the surface. Original interior and more spider webs and eggs underneath that I can count. Yesterday after months of my aunt, his sister, dealing with his estate I was able to bring the car home. First time it's seen the light of day since 1991. I was kind of an emotional thing, excited to get the car, at the same time this big wave of sadness came over me. The ranch is sold, most of his possession's have been dealt with and the Barracuda was about the last thing to leave.
I've been bringing home parts that he squirreled away, extra engine, 2 posi rearends, spare 4 speed trans, rear window, lots of stuff. I can tell from the paperwork he gathered he wanted to go drag racing with it, but I'm going to put it back in its original condition.
Also got quite a few pics that I still have to scan. That's me pulling weeds in the flower bed and the front end shot are both from '67. His mom would send him pictures from home while he was in 'Nam. These 2 were in that album he kept.

Scan 2019-3-14 0002.jpg
Scan 2019-3-21 0004.jpg

IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_8239.JPG

Last edited:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
My uncle passed away earlier this year at 72. I grew up next door to him when I was a kid and he was about 10 years oder than me. The year he graduated high school he bought a brand new 1965 Barracuda Formula S. I thought it was the coolest car around and the joke for the last 40 or so years was when was he going to sell me the car. I was surprised when I found out the car was left to me because I always assumed it'd go to one of his daughters. It hasn't been started since 1982 ish, about the time he bought his ranch in Santa Paula, but it only has 29,XXX original miles on the ticker. Not sure why he sanded the top, hood and trunk lid and didn't do anything with that but it's pretty damn straight. No rust except for a little on the surface. Original interior and more spider webs and eggs underneath that I can count. Yesterday after months of my aunt, his sister, dealing with his estate I was able to bring the car home. First time it's seen the light of day since 1991. I was kind of an emotional thing, excited to get the car, at the same time this big wave of sadness came over me. The ranch is sold, most of his possession's have been dealt with and the Barracuda was about the last thing to leave.
I've been bringing home parts that he squirreled away, extra engine, 2 posi rearends, spare 4 speed trans, rear window, lots of stuff. I can tell from the paperwork he gathered he wanted to go drag racing with it, but I'm going to put it back in its original condition.
Also got quite a few pics that I still have to scan. That's me pulling weeds in the flower bed and the front end shot are both from '67. His mom would send him pictures from home while he was in 'Nam. These 2 were in that album he kept.

View attachment 812855 View attachment 812856

View attachment 812857 View attachment 812858
Very cool. Take your time. Get it running!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
3543BF41-C53C-4291-A0BE-303A3B0DF57F.jpeg
4DEDA072-7525-449F-992F-E201918A6821.jpeg
8DD736D4-6B7F-46C1-AAF9-4566F2D70F14.jpeg
LAX scenarios today: IED dispo in Bombsuit on Clippers Delta plane (they are messy, lol), shooting pipe bombs and “slash and go” timed entry, render safes on luggage. Old plane is for LAFD to practice puncture, injecting foam off their trucks...

Icky

Reaction score

Universal Elements

Reaction score

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It's way too early for it to be that bright outside
Yesterday
0800 to 2 pm: time flies , lol!
Funny you mention it, we could barely see the new Delta hanger at 730 am in that fog yesterday

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That 707 has been there a very long time. Surprised non of the airlines haven’t donated a newer aircraft.

They get too much for recycling

We train at Mojave plane graveyard: Word is they are getting $1mil. Per 747 recycled there.

Ricks raft

Reaction score

View attachment 812855 View attachment 812856

View attachment 812857 View attachment 812858

Nice!
When I was in high school 1980 I ended up with my great aunts 64 barracuda. 27k miles, she only drove in downtown Burlingame so when we would visit my parents would take it out on the freeway and blow the carbon out of it.
It was no hot rod with the 318 V8 but I think ahead of its time with torsion bar front suspension, push button automatic, the rear pass thru into the trunk and lay down back seat(could carry long items, sleep or do other things while in high school :), handled descent and got over 20mpg. Had the dealer installed under dash A/C so cold it blew frost.
At that time my mom had a 67 427 convetable vette, my dad had a 57 2 door bel air hard top.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Trying this painting thing. Didn't disassemble and clean the gun from last time. Just ran solvent through it. Noticed lots of air noise and not as much paint. Anyways there are runs. Now I get to try this sand and repaint thing now. Gun is clean now.
20191109_135455.jpg