Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
M31 with a Removable hard top for the bow section. Mercury 700's
19C07 Sean Seawright M31 render 2 (APPROVED).jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'm surprised there's not more hard top open bows, makes perfect sense. I understand there's a little more weight with the bow interior but it's seems like a great compromise. Love the colors on this one, the baby blue and green really works well together and is unique. Thanks for having us along.

outboard_256

Reaction score
how does the removable top work? You remove it at home before the trip? Is it big/heavy? These are problems I will never have but curious how it works.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I'm surprised there's not more hard top open bows, makes perfect sense. I understand there's a little more weight with the bow interior but it's seems like a great compromise. Love the colors on this one, the baby blue and green really works well together and is unique. Thanks for having us along.
This is our 4th or 5th time we have done the removable bow section. It is a lot of work but is really cool the way it is stealth and the open bow is there for the room and for more people. We cut the open bow and put the deck back into the mold and build the custom flange for the removal lid.

TCHB

Reaction score
That would make it nice when just cruising around and making getting on and off easy.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
How is the cover held in place when running with it on?
Great question... We actually remove the deck from the mold and cut the open bow hole. We then put the deck and cut section back into the mold to build the flange for the deck section to fit perfectly. This way it is the same exact shape and will not look like an after thought.
We will have all four corners at a 45 degree angle with threaded insert in it. The flange will be sealed with a "D" shaped foam and the lid is through bolted to the boat so when on, it is safe and secure. This is the fourth boat we have done with option, and the new owner has the other 31 that has the same option now.
When you want to remove the lid, just un-screw the fasteners and leave it in your garage an enjoy the open bow that is flush with the deck of the boat and is very stealth looking.
Let me know if you need to know anything else.
Thanks

E4L

Reaction score
Great question... We actually remove the deck from the mold and cut the open bow hole. We then put the deck and cut section back into the mold to build the flange for the deck section to fit perfectly. This way it is the same exact shape and will not look like an after thought.
We will have all four corners at a 45 degree angle with threaded insert in it. The flange will be sealed with a "D" shaped foam and the lid is through bolted to the boat so when on, it is safe and secure. This is the fourth boat we have done with option, and the new owner has the other 31 that has the same option now.
When you want to remove the lid, just un-screw the fasteners and leave it in your garage an enjoy the open bow that is flush with the deck of the boat and is very stealth looking.
Let me know if you need to know anything else.
Thanks

Great idea can’t wait to see the finished product [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Very interested in seeing this color combo and the blue fades.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
I still find this process so intriguing. Amazes me that it doesn't pool in some areas, but definitely see its resin saving efficiency.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
This absolutely fascinates me. You and your team just keep raising the bar. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you sharing all this information with us all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks... We are a little more expensive then some of the other manufacturers, but you truly get what you pay for here at DCB. Have a great day

Backlash

Reaction score
Your balsa sales rep HAS to love you guys! :D Nice job and thank you for showing us the behind the scenes view!

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Is that an adhesive recommended for use by the resin supplier being used to apply the cloth sheets? Does it have to dry/vent off before sealing things up to infuse? Just being nosy. :)

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
She is all capped and polished now... Owner decided to go with a full cap and add a nice pin line as an additional graphic on the front. Notice the custom flange on the open bow. This M-31 is getting a removable bow cover (like a rumble seat) The hard lid will have all of the graphics on the top and bottom. Check out the matching graphics on the flange as well. This boat is also getting the first set of the new and improved 700 SCI engines with the new blowers.
EAFJE8519.JPG
FEWBE8986.JPG
FLCWE0311.JPG
FOGQE5655.JPG
GNJXE9171.JPG
IDCJ8728.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1533.JPG

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Whats the eta for the engines? And of course please text me a pic when you get them good buddy.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I’m really diggin this boats color combo! Would have been cool to add in a tiny bit of green stitching to compliment the pin stripes.