WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So i did a little bit of research for you guys.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
After Desert storm i started on a low carb diet. ( kind of) still was drinking couple beers every night and definitely not Strick low carb. but between hiring a trainer and going to the gym 3 times a week i was loosing some weight. The month of October i didn't have a drink and in the 6 months i had dropped 40 lbs. went from size 44 pants to 40.
So along comes Key west.
On thursday morning we board a 6 am flight. start with a bloody mary and then its on.
by the time we get to Key west at 4pm i have had 3 bloody marys and 8 beers so just a happy lad

Remember that not only was i living off of beer but pizza. burgers. hot dogs at 2 or 3 am everynight. not sure how many beers in a day but at the minimum 30
also throw in the 5 or more jello shots a couple of nights, days always started with couple bloody marys and a few rum runners. hurricanes ( only did two of those )

Damn that sounds like a lot of drinking :) Oh yeah it was Party on Garth :)

So my question to you all is how much weight do you think a person can gain in 5 days?

sirbob

Reaction score
I won't venture a guess at the weight gain but just listening to your 5 day run gives me heart burn!

I am blessed that my body speaks very clearly to me when I start on those travel benders - by day 2 I'm having to eat tums like tic tacs!!!

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Reading that scenario, I would have lost weight painting the porcelain. :eek:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Reading that scenario, I would have lost weight painting the porcelain. :eek:
Trust me it has taken years to get to this point. My first year which was 12 years ago i went with Tank and both of us prayed to the god. The Saturday that every one was going out to the island for a tie up we were both unable to go since they left so early ( it was noon )

Bear Down

Reaction score
After Desert storm i started on a low carb diet. ( kind of) still was drinking couple beers every night and definitely not Strick low carb. but between hiring a trainer and going to the gym 3 times a week i was loosing some weight. The month of October i didn't have a drink and in the 6 months i had dropped 40 lbs. went from size 44 pants to 40.
So along comes Key west.
On thursday morning we board a 6 am flight. start with a bloody mary and then its on.
by the time we get to Key west at 4pm i have had 3 bloody marys and 8 beers so just a happy lad

Remember that not only was i living off of beer but pizza. burgers. hot dogs at 2 or 3 am everynight. not sure how many beers in a day but at the minimum 30
also throw in the 5 or more jello shots a couple of nights, days always started with couple bloody marys and a few rum runners. hurricanes ( only did two of those )

Damn that sounds like a lot of drinking :) Oh yeah it was Party on Garth :)

So my question to you all is how much weight do you think a person can gain in 5 days?
8 POUNDS

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell. I did 6 days in Germany at Oktoberfest. PRetty much hammered from start to finish. Hung over for 3 days at home. Lost 4 pounds. The body is a funny thing. Tried to limit the food but it was part of the deal. My guess is you stayed the same.

Tank

Reaction score
I don't know but I'm bloated AF after 6 days of hard drinking (lots of Colorado Coolaides mixed with some Redbull / Vodkas in between) and pretty much just eating WTF ever I want, whenever I want, coupled with flying to and from....UGH

Reactions: DWC

gqchris

Reaction score
Funny I just read an article today on how toxic drinking alcohol is on the body. They say it takes 2 weeks to really clear the toxins.

I haven't drank hard alcohol in two years. My body just couldn't take it anymore. I stick to Ultras now and barely catch a buzz, but never have a hangover.

wzuber

Reaction score
i gained 10# n 2 weeks n hawaii n sept. w/ little drinking and a lot of very good food. I am going to say u gained 9.5#'s with alc. consumption. it seems to me when dieting and losing weight u gain it back faster if u go crazy w/carbs etc. i lost 23#'s n a couple months prior to hawaii doi d a keto diet.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I need to do something...my weight is fucked. I've gained 30 lbs. in a little over 4 months. :eek: I don't even know how that is possible.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Dont worry about it.

My trainer told me something that sticks to me daily. The type of person I am I will splurge. But when you do know that when Moday comes its time to pay the piper. Put in a solid 5 day work out week with maybe even a double or 2, get back to eating healthy and you'll be right back where you were before your trip. I've been on a tri athlete type training program for 3 years now and in the best fit shape since I was 25 years old. Sometimes I train even harder and lean out a bit more because I know a trip its on the horizon. I'll even on a trip if a gym is available put in 45 minutes of just cardio a few days while on a trip.

I'll tell ya this, I enjoy eating and drinking irresponsibly and don't plan on ever stopping on trips vacations and occasion weekends. for me alcohol is a trigger to eat foods that aren't really good for you. Just remember when its over pay the piper.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Back in the 70’s, there was a popular diet called (I think) “The Canadian Royal Air Force Low Carb Diet”. It was like any other low carb diet, but you could drink all the Vodka you wanted.

My dad (a former Air Force/Royal Air Force pilot) tried that for a couple years....lost weight, drank too much, so he gave it up.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So the answer is 14 pounds in 5 days :(

Now i assume some of that is just from being bloated from that much beer and all the carbs and I'll hit the scale again next week and see where i am.
no booze this week

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Dont worry about it.

My trainer told me something that sticks to me daily. The type of person I am I will splurge. But when you do know that when Moday comes its time to pay the piper. Put in a solid 5 day work out week with maybe even a double or 2, get back to eating healthy and you'll be right back where you were before your trip. I've been on a tri athlete type training program for 3 years now and in the best fit shape since I was 25 years old. Sometimes I train even harder and lean out a bit more because I know a trip its on the horizon. I'll even on a trip if a gym is available put in 45 minutes of just cardio a few days while on a trip.

I'll tell ya this, I enjoy eating and drinking irresponsibly and don't plan on ever stopping on trips vacations and occasion weekends. for me alcohol is a trigger to eat foods that aren't really good for you. Just remember when its over pay the piper.
I owe the piper a lot

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I need to do something...my weight is fucked. I've gained 30 lbs. in a little over 4 months. :eek: I don't even know how that is possible.
Welcome to 50 something plus

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Off topic but thought it funny. :D

20191113_072456.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@H20 Toie
Rightly so you should be congratulated on your weight loss. Not a easy thing at our age.

wzuber

Reaction score
So the answer is 14 pounds in 5 days :(

Now i assume some of that is just from being bloated from that much beer and all the carbs and I'll hit the scale again next week and see where i am.
no booze this week
WOW.. that's crazy. Thanks for sharing that..really. It sorta confirms my thoughts on my vaca gain that when dieting like that and then stepping off quickly for a short period of fun and glutany the body seems to clemp onto every cal./carb./# it can in maybe a self preservation type method... IDK..juss my useless .02
enjoy the road back.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So after being home for a few days and just eating normal and haven't gone to the gym its not as bad as i first thought. looks like i gained 7 pounds, but those were some pretty damn enjoyable 7 pounds :)

i wouldn't be surprised if i can lose them pretty quick if i set my mind to it. like get my lazy ass out of bed and workout instead of being on RDP :)

hum maybe it will take awhile still haven't checked out Offshore Only

nowski

Reaction score
H20, do you run a research firm?

If so you should offer to pay for food and drinks for all RDP members wanting to sign onto your clinical trials to get your firm unbiased results...

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
H20, do you run a research firm?

If so you should offer to pay for food and drinks for all RDP members wanting to sign onto your clinical trials to get your firm unbiased results...
Well if you had come to Key west you would have automatically been involved in the trials and received said treatments ( just ask Tank)