I hope Neil Young will remember

Gelcoater

Reaction score
69A43C11-260F-4F0C-918F-AFADF58DC8C8.png

Lol:D

Reactions: t&y

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Love me some Neil... but he gots a lot of nerve coming here to make fame and zillion$ and spreading his bullshit political views..

Maybe he and all those Canucks that came here to strike fame and fortune and then knock our system should head north.... waaaay north.....

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
There was a day when I proudly embraced his political views....he walked into the woods one day on a mission....four hours later he came out with this...

Reminds of today's Hong Kong :(

A Southern man don’t need him around anyhow;)

Agreed....Between Young and Lynyrd Skynyrd......No Contest....Sweet Home Alabama :cool::)

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
See I’m Neil Young all the way, music wise.
Born in Biloxi, raised all over the South, and I can’t stand a single verse of any LS tune...Including Freebird... Go figure.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
See I’m Neil Young all the way, music wise.
Born in Biloxi, raised all over the South, and I can’t stand a single verse of any LS tune...Including Freebird... Go figure.

FWIW... Free Bird was not my favorite..... my favorite below... the soul of LS died in the crash....it ended there. :(

Last edited:

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
Love me some Neil... but he gots a lot of nerve coming here to make fame and zillion$ and spreading his bullshit political views..

Maybe he and all those Canucks that came here to strike fame and fortune and then knock our system should head north.... waaaay north.....

We dont want those commie bastards back

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What???????:eek:

It’s true!

My buddies would be playing Skynard till the stylus wore out, that and the fucking Rockets.
Got so sick of that music.
They’d be weeping over Freebird while I was deep into analyzing Cortez the killer.
I’ve always considered Young a true musical virtuoso since I first saw him playing piano, singing, and hitting the harmonica simultaneously, and even before that with Buffalo Springfield. (“Broken Arrow” made me a believer)
Guy is a one man band for all intent.
His Austin City Limits show with the “International Harvesters” is one of the best hours of music ever produced...IMO.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
FWIW... Free Bird was not my favorite..... my favorite below... the soul of LS died in the crash....it ended there. :(

True.
I saw Skynard at the Champagne Jam in Atlanta.
I had the unopened Street Survivor album with the flames on it for over 20 years sealed in a plastic cover.
I gave it away to a good friend who was a huge LS fan as a Christmas present. The price tag on it was $3.75

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
You Basterds have better things to quibble about other than Rock-N-Roll. :p

Leave my Music out of this section please. LOL :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You Basterds have better things to quibble about other than Rock-N-Roll. :p

Leave my Music out of this section please. LOL :D

Lol.

I will say one thing about Skynard...they aren’t as bad as Bob Seger.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
True.
I saw Skynard at the Champagne Jam in Atlanta.
I had the unopened Street Survivor album with the flames on it for over 20 years sealed in a plastic cover.
I gave it away to a good friend who was a huge LS fan as a Christmas present. The price tag on it was $3.75

Your friend has a "good friend"....as you know, that 1st release of Street Survivor is a LS collectors dream.
Ronnie's bother, Donnie could never fill the void........to me, he is "phony" and all about the money while using his brother's name....can not watch them to this day!

Trivia: Did you know Aerosmith was supposed to have taken the same plane with them?....they felt it was unsafe and chartered another flight.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Your friend has a "good friend"....as you know, that 1st release of Street Survivor is a LS collectors dream.
Ronnie's bother, Donnie could never fill the void........to me, he is "phony" and all about the money while using his brother's name....can not watch them to this day!

Trivia: Did you know Aerosmith was supposed to have taken the same plane with them?....they felt it was unsafe and chartered another flight.

Yes, I had heard that.
Aerosmith headlined the Champagne Jam I was at.

I was surprised that that album I had wasn’t really a high value item. The most I ever got offered for it was around $350.
Today they are online for under $100 used.
Mine was unopened and in a secondary plastic sleeve, but even so it wouldn’t fetch a whole lot.

It meant a LOT more to him than me, it was a cool novelty for me, it was the world to him.

My sister worked at the base exchange in the record and stereo department when the crash happened. She brought home 3 of the albums when the recall went out. One for her, me, and my brother and she told me to never open it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Seger only wrote songs about himself.
Personally, I always found that rather boring.
Count how many times he says “I, my, mine” in any given song.
“Main Street” is the worst.

“sometimes late at night IM feeling lonely and beat, I drift back in time, and I find MY feet.

nowski

Reaction score
I've been on a foggy trip, life's been "Like a Hurricane"...

nowski

Reaction score
don't forget Triumph, from your neck of the woods. I could sing "allied forces" album all day long around 82/83

I saw Triumph twice back in the early 80's at the Santa Monica Civic. How bout some "Blinding Light Show" one of their best in my opinion. And the sounds of truth
Ring hollow In this pretense world of show No one knows tomorrow In this blinding light show...

brgrcru

Reaction score
I saw Triumph twice back in the early 80's at the Santa Monica Civic. How bout some "Blinding Light Show" one of their best in my opinion. And the sounds of truth
Ring hollow In this pretense world of show No one knows tomorrow In this blinding light show...

so good.:)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So.....the war on drugs is working? :)
Hey Dan?
How come none of the left leaning cocksuckers post in this thread?

Too much fun and not enough fuck you? Or? :D
At least Dan can crack a joke.
You miserable lefties need to get out of orange hate mode on occasion. :)

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Hey Dan?
How come none of the left leaning cocksuckers post in this thread?

Too much fun and not enough fuck you? Or? :D
At least Dan can crack a joke.
You miserable lefties need to get out of orange hate mode on occasion. :)
They can't do that coater, they're all in at this stage and are going down with the ship. They'll be leaving RDP when their circus tent collapses on them!!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
They can't do that coater, they're all in at this stage and are going down with the ship. They'll be leaving RDP when their circus tent collapses on them!!
Alias are probably already in place:D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
don't forget Triumph, from your neck of the woods. I could sing "allied forces" album all day long around 82/83

Saw them at the US Festival.
Nestled firmly between the scorpions and Van Halen as I recall. I could be wrong though, we timed our Orange Sunshine and chocolate Mescaline to peak when Ozzy hit the stage...so things were still a little fuzzy that night.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I dig up articles, but there has been recent cases of Canadians admitting marijuana use at the border and they get lifetime bans from entering the US.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Saw them at the US Festival.
Nestled firmly between the scorpions and Van Halen as I recall. I could be wrong though, we timed our Orange Sunshine and chocolate Mescaline to peak when Ozzy hit the stage...so things were still a little fuzzy that night.
Wrong! JP-Triumph-Scorpions-VH.
US1 was great but US2 was Biblical! How did you like Strummer kicking DLR’s ass then going on stage and blasting America? Or were you more Punk Rock then and less Hootie then you are now?:rolleyes: