WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So They call me the Bully

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Just a suggestion here - maybe read what is writtten and the context within which is it written instead of making off the cuff comments that have no bearing, meaning or value in the overall thread-conversation... nevermind.......... I know Imm asking too much of you....

Lmao. Way to deflect. Here’s a suggestion. Maybe read what you write, tone down your pompous know it all attitude, participate in a conversation instead of spewing your biased opinions. If not maybe try OSO where you will fit right in with all the other people like your self. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree that the "Deception" regularly published relating to the "directional advantage" of the River applies to both inboard and outboard boats. The reason it does not matter as much for the faster inboard air entrapment catamarans is that those Owners are not looking for "another 2 MPH" to post on River Daves about their "top speed" and Outboard Guys fight for 2 MPH - I agree its about Top Speed but t should be AUTHENTIC top speed - if Artificial Top Speed enhanced by River current is acceptable then why not just leave the GPS on, trailer the boat down the road and PUBLISH THE ON THE TRAILER SPEED, pretending it was in the water speed?, which would essentially be the same deception

NTB, for many of the runs that were done I was not present for (I know this is hard to believe, but I don't wear a cape and I can't be in all places at one time) and can only go off the Mfg claim. If they have a GPS recall that puts the number up then that's good enough for me?

I'm not entirely sure what you'd have me do in that scenario where DCB / Nordic etc.. sends me a recall shot of 133? Not write it up? Tell them that I'm gonna have to be in the boat to witness it first hand and it has to be on a non moving body of water in a set of standardized conditions? This temp / This humidity / Wind?

If you will notice this quote from the most recent DCB article

Just a few hours ago they tested a set of 38’s on the boat with Johnny B, Tony C & 110 gallons of fuel and I’m happy to report the boat pulled a 131 mph at 6250 rpm!

In talking to Tony he feels a set of 37’s would be perfect for the boat, and 36’s if you plan on carrying a load.

I pretty clearly state exactly what you are talking about above? The fuel amount was verified by the Merc tech that was in the boat as well.

What would be your proposed solution to your alleged claims of "deception." (Which is a pretty interesting take on things to say the least? It implies I'm intentionally deceiving the public?? Is so for what purpose?)

RD

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Lmao. Way to deflect. Here’s a suggestion. Maybe read what you write, tone down your pompous know it all attitude, participate in a conversation instead of spewing your biased opinions. If not maybe try OSO where you will fit right in with all the other people like your self. [emoji106]

OD1, I find the crowd at OSO to be quite different than your comment would suggest. I don't see any attitude over there. I see a different geographical area of boating.

I also find NTB's post to be very informative, he obviously possess much high performance boating knowledge.

This entire O/B vs I/O debate is like Ford vs Chevy. Never going to find agreement.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Newt. Here’s a little something Tony won in lotto in a second tier boat with a cabin and big stereo.

He laid the smack down on a few “premium” boats that year as well. [emoji849]
Adjustments.jpg

Outdrive1

Reaction score
OD1, I find the crowd at OSO to be quite different than your comment would suggest. I don't see any attitude over there. I see a different geographical area of boating.

I also find NTB's post to be very informative, he obviously possess much high performance boating knowledge.

This entire O/B vs I/O debate is like Ford vs Chevy. Never going to find agreement.

Pull your pants up Steve. Don’t believe all the BS Newt is spewing just because he’s part of your Skater nation. Lol. I’m not sure 700’s gets you the gold star membership anyhow. [emoji23]

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Pull your pants up Steve. Don’t believe all the BS Newt is spewing just because he’s part of your Skater nation. Lol. I’m not sure 700’s gets you the gold star membership anyhow. [emoji23]

Appreciate that Paul.

As you might be able to see, I've tried to keep my posts in this thread civil.

I'll go kiss some more Skater nation ass now with my little 700's.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just a suggestion here - maybe read what is writtten and the context within which is it written instead of making off the cuff comments that have no bearing, meaning or value in the overall thread-conversation... nevermind.......... I know Imm asking too much of you....

Oh I pay very close attention to what you write on here...

Actually I think everyone knows why Paul posted that - they are just now writing it here.... but they know.....

I also find it interesting that the "Keyboard Cowboys" you are "calling out" are the only reason anyone on the planet knows who you are" - I suggest you don't piss them off, you will lose your entire 20 person audiance

Shot at Paul. (19 more than you got by the way!).

I agree that the "Deception" regularly published relating to the "directional advantage" of the River applies to both inboard and outboard boats. The reason it does not matter as much for the faster inboard air entrapment catamarans is that those Owners are not looking for "another 2 MPH" to post on River Daves about their "top speed" and Outboard Guys fight for 2 MPH - I agree its about Top Speed but t should be AUTHENTIC top speed - if Artificial Top Speed enhanced by River current is acceptable then why not just leave the GPS on, trailer the boat down the road and PUBLISH THE ON THE TRAILER SPEED, pretending it was in the water speed?, which would essentially be the same deception

Shot at myself / my integrity & website.

There is a reason that the brands I listed are widely accepted as "Premium Performane Catamarans" - if you are a "Poser" looking for MAX BLING they might not do it for you - if you are looking to be at the dock 10 minutes ahead of the next boat becuase the High Performance Catamaran you purchased (and told all your friend you had the fastest boat on Lake Havasu) was constructed to actually be the highest performing boat then you are goign to be looking at one of the Brands I listed if you do your homework and don't just buy "what the Guy at the Bar" told you was "bad ass"

Shot at me

And the WORST accident EVER on Havasu that happened AT SPEED and caused MULTIPLE FATALITIES was NOT one of these Premium Brands I mention so obviously you do not have a good grasp on what is actually happening based upon your comments, but I accept that as what goes on here on this forum.

Buy a BAYLINER - likely safe at any speed .... and no one will ask you how fast it goes

"Hat Trick" - shot at DCB / Freebird / and RDP on in one sentence... (Impressive!)

RD

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Shot at me

"Hat Trick" - shot at DCB / Freebird / and RDP on in one sentence... (Impressive!)

RD
You may not wear a cape, and witness all the test runs, but your reading comprehension gets a A+
:p

I'm probably in the majority here. I'd hazard a guess that most people on this board do not own a 130mph boat. I would even go as far as saying the actual average, up river, down river....towed on the trailer...is probably closer to 70ish. Some of us do have pontoons, jets and even, dare I say, rollbar boats.

There is an exponential increase in risk as speeds increase. It doesn't matter what hull design, or propulsion. A wake larger than expected, or just misreading a roller.

I'm no historian of boating lore. Automotive, yes, know quite a bit. To say all boats rigged independently, or home built, are not of the same caliber as others, may be subject to interpretation. There were some Fords in the 60's some redneck in Texas "rigged". No warranty on them, yet ran very well and are fairly desirable today. Another guy up in the northeast did the same for Chevrolets. If everything was innovative, nothing would be innovative.

Tank

Reaction score
You guys need to step back away from the key board and take a breather lol. Is it winter already!?

Couple observations:

1) I think Bully's whole point to this thread was that he'd like to see more people out boating instead of talking shit online. At least that's what I got from it. Maybe I'm wrong.
2) Ouboard / Inboard....Whatever. I love the performance and warranty out of an OB. But I love the nasty, loud raw power you get out of a I/O. It's the same argument, do you want a Tesla that will smoke you off the line, or do you want a nasty 50's hotrod with a big blower or a Lambo with Tubi pipes on it?
3) If anyone one here thinks Skater, DW or MTI sucks or is less of a boat than a DCB, Schiada, Eliminator etc., I'm sorry to say, you're wrong. If anyone on here thinks DCB Eliminator Schiada etc. is less of a boat than Skater, DW, MTI, Etc. then again, you're just wrong.

Always remember when it comes to performance boats - People have their bias' and favorites. And a lot of time that's based on knowing the owner of said brand and knowing they're nice guys with good intentions and pouring their heart and soul into their brand. And that's fine. But no need to bash another brand, or another power source (my previous post was purely a joke), or another style boat though. That's just poor form and to me, takes at least some of the credibility out. I mean, if you can't appreciate the history of Skater and their track record or you can't look at a DCB and have an open mouth while looking at their rigging, or look at an MTI and see how quickly they've come on and raced hard but still have that bling or see the rich history rigging, racing and performance of a Schiada, or realize that yea, there's heavier brands and there's lighter brands and there's true tunnels and center pod tunnels and not sit back and realize they're going to do different things, have good and bad characteristics and act differently in different water then I'm afraid that person is just not well informed. And yea, some people like their shit blinged out to the MAX and make their boats look like art. And others would prefer a stripped down racer that's all business. All of us as enthusiasts should be able to look at any of the mentioned brands, styles and builds and see why someone would like it.

You sit down and ask anyone (in the know) in this industry and they'll tell you a couple things about this topic: Competition in this field is good. It's GREAT! Some of the gnarliest back and forth banter and revelry was between Fountain and Outerlimits and it pushed both companies to improve themselves. And you talk about heated fan debates...Jesus! You ask people in the know in this industry and no one would argue that DCB has been credited for pushing the east coast guys to up their game when it comes to fit and finish and creature comforts and rigging. And I don't think you'd find anyone in the industry (again, truly in the know) that would argue that the east coast guys are pushing DCB and Nordic to build true tunnels. Well, I should say the customers that would turn and buy a boat from the other makers that is truly pushing, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's my .02. Ain't worth getting fired up over. Shit, I love 'em all! From running my buddies pickle fork Eliminator jet boat to running 170 in a DCB to running 110 in 6' swells in a Cigarette, to lounging on my buddies pontoon sipping a cold beer....But, of course, I have my favorites as well. ;)

JD D05

Reaction score
You guys need to step back away from the key board and take a breather lol. Is it winter already!?

Couple observations:

1) I think Bully's whole point to this thread was that he'd like to see more people out boating instead of talking shit online. At least that's what I got from it. Maybe I'm wrong.
2) Ouboard / Inboard....Whatever. I love the performance and warranty out of an OB. But I love the nasty, loud raw power you get out of a I/O. It's the same argument, do you want a Tesla that will smoke you off the line, or do you want a nasty 50's hotrod with a big blower or a Lambo with Tubi pipes on it?
3) If anyone one here thinks Skater, DW or MTI sucks or is less of a boat than a DCB, Schiada, Eliminator etc., I'm sorry to say, you're wrong. If anyone on here thinks DCB Eliminator Schiada etc. is less of a boat than Skater, DW, MTI, Etc. then again, you're just wrong.

Always remember when it comes to performance boats - People have their bias' and favorites. And a lot of time that's based on knowing the owner of said brand and knowing they're nice guys with good intentions and pouring their heart and soul into their brand. And that's fine. But no need to bash another brand, or another power source (my previous post was purely a joke), or another style boat though. That's just poor form and to me, takes at least some of the credibility out. I mean, if you can't appreciate the history of Skater and their track record or you can't look at a DCB and have an open mouth while looking at their rigging, or look at an MTI and see how quickly they've come on and raced hard but still have that bling or see the rich history rigging, racing and performance of a Schiada, or realize that yea, there's heavier brands and there's lighter brands and there's true tunnels and center pod tunnels and not sit back and realize they're going to do different things, have good and bad characteristics and act differently in different water then I'm afraid that person is just not well informed. And yea, some people like their shit blinged out to the MAX and make their boats look like art. And others would prefer a stripped down racer that's all business. All of us as enthusiasts should be able to look at any of the mentioned brands, styles and builds and see why someone would like it.

You sit down and ask anyone (in the know) in this industry and they'll tell you a couple things about this topic: Competition in this field is good. It's GREAT! Some of the gnarliest back and forth banter and revelry was between Fountain and Outerlimits and it pushed both companies to improve themselves. And you talk about heated fan debates...Jesus! You ask people in the know in this industry and no one would argue that DCB has been credited for pushing the east coast guys to up their game when it comes to fit and finish and creature comforts and rigging. And I don't think you'd find anyone in the industry (again, truly in the know) that would argue that the east coast guys are pushing DCB and Nordic to build true tunnels. Well, I should say the customers that would turn and buy a boat from the other makers that is truly pushing, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's my .02. Ain't worth getting fired up over. Shit, I love 'em all! From running my buddies pickle fork Eliminator jet boat to running 170 in a DCB to running 110 in 6' swells in a Cigarette, to lounging on my buddies pontoon sipping a cold beer....But, of course, I have my favorites as well. ;)

Cigarette is shit.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score

Couple observations:

Well said......Keep talking
7F0BBF54-E6C4-49D9-958E-1F2D03698C0F.jpeg
3C62530D-87D5-4F74-90A6-FADA6609C3C5.jpeg
D8378582-AC67-49EB-9B5D-19C339E9AFB0.jpeg
98E6C025-4494-45EA-BC51-C0508F7B9CC5.jpeg
DF1092B6-B4DA-44C1-9C3D-95B28DB2BCFD.jpeg
B0825120-0E96-4428-82C5-48E4538BDBC6.jpeg
4E6A184A-6E18-4A7B-9A8A-4F8F07683A31.jpeg
AC3E4001-87FB-4390-82FB-5F115083CFCB.jpeg
733CA950-903B-49F8-911E-73D278E0BD4D.jpeg
I’m boating :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

glamis0812

Reaction score

RichL

Reaction score

Couple observations:

Well said. Thank you.

buck35

Reaction score
Interesting thread, but why does anyone care what another chooses to power their vessel with ?
At the end of the day you can barbeque with hundy's and be ahead in the long run . Go boating ,have a good time and be safe.:cool:

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Interesting thread, but why does anyone care what another chooses to power their vessel with ?
At the end of the day you can barbeque with hundy's and be ahead in the long run . Go boating ,have a good time and be safe.:cool:
Ok.....you win

Very very well said.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
So @MOISTURE MISSLE got me and my family HOOKED on boating in mid 2016.

Since then we’ve bought a river house( Willow Valley), been through 4 boats, and moved to Havasu full time.

First boat, 25’ Tremor.
IMG_8681.jpg

2nd boat, 22’ deck (amazing river boat!)
IMG_5116.jpg

Havasu water was a little big for the 22 so we got bit by the tri toon bug. 25’ manitou w/ a merc 400. Been AMAZING for the family. Super fun.
IMG_6725.jpg

I still needed that sense of speed so I ran out and got a little bubble deck that is loud and an amazing cruiser. Been a blast.
IMG_7442.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

I don’t have anywhere close to your money, but I fully intend on owning a boat like your 28SS (or a speedster)in the future (used, lol) when the kiddos no longer want to hang out with mom and dad. For now I’m
Loving it AND the old man pontoon. Haha.

Little reminder:
IMG_7579.jpg

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Newt. Here’s a little something Tony won in lotto in a second tier boat with a cabin and big stereo.

He laid the smack down on a few “premium” boats that year as well. [emoji849] View attachment 816196

If you guys want that extra 2 mph you better ceramic coat those pigs. . . LoL

New to boating

Reaction score

Shot at me

RD

Dave - ....your wrong abut the credibility issue - the reason you, and this site have no credibility is because you MELT DOWN and so do all your Minions when anyone posts anything you don't personally like or agree with even if it is factual - and you MELT DOWN if anyone posts anything that does not support your favorite boat Mfg's - and you MELT DOWN if you are challanged about anything you don't have a genuine understanding of (which is a huge amount of things).... been that way since the very beginning - that's why this Blog has peaked, and why I rarely reply to anything

Hey Dave - there is a directional advantage in the river depending upon conditions that crates a "fake speed" reading - that was what I said - AND ITS TRUE AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT..... all the other sludge that came out of you about this doesent even have anything to do with what I wrote - which once again is TRUE.......

If the subject was written about a Skater or MTI you would have been fine with it - but because its a DCB you MELT DOWN - THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY because you cant get out of the way.... of yourself

And people KNOW why Paul wrote this in the 1st place and IT IS NOT to ask people to write big checks for new Outboard Boats.... THAT'S NOT THE REASON

But whatever..... I like Outboard Boats by the way, escpecially those HOME BUILT Garage rigged Wright Performance boats. Doug is actually a friend of mine and he builds a great piece - in his Garage according to your "Experts".... full of credibility, just brimming with it you and your Boys are....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dave - ....your wrong abut the credibility issue - the reason you, and this site have no credibility is because you MELT DOWN and so do all your Minions when anyone posts anything you don't personally like or agree with even if it is factual - and you MELT DOWN if anyone posts anything that does not support your favorite boat Mfg's - and you MELT DOWN if you are challanged about anything you don't have a genuine understanding of (which is a huge amount of things).... been that way since the very beginning - that's why this Blog has peaked, and why I rarely reply to anything

Hey Dave - there is a directional advantage in the river depending upon conditions that crates a "fake speed" reading - that was what I said - AND ITS TRUE AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT..... all the other sludge that came out of you about this doesent even have anything to do with what I wrote - which once again is TRUE.......

If the subject was written about a Skater or MTI you would have been fine with it - but because its a DCB you MELT DOWN - THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY because you cant get out of the way.... of yourself

And people KNOW why Paul wrote this in the 1st place and IT IS NOT to ask people to write big checks for new Outboard Boats.... THAT'S NOT THE REASON

But whatever..... I like Outboard Boats by the way, escpecially those HOME BUILT Garage rigged Wright Performance boats. Doug is actually a friend of mine and he builds a great piece - in his Garage according to your "Experts".... full of credibility, just brimming with it you and your Boys are....
You sir, are an asshole.

Of course, that may just be one person's opinion...but I think not.

Have a blessed day:D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So @MOISTURE MISSLE got me and my family HOOKED on boating in mid 2016.

Since then we’ve bought a river house( Willow Valley), been through 4 boats, and moved to Havasu full time.

First boat, 25’ Tremor.
View attachment 816301

2nd boat, 22’ deck (amazing river boat!)
View attachment 816302

Havasu water was a little big for the 22 so we got bit by the tri toon bug. 25’ manitou w/ a merc 400. Been AMAZING for the family. Super fun.
View attachment 816303

I still needed that sense of speed so I ran out and got a little bubble deck that is loud and an amazing cruiser. Been a blast.
View attachment 816309 View attachment 816308

I don’t have anywhere close to your money, but I fully intend on owning a boat like your 28SS (or a speedster)in the future (used, lol) when the kiddos no longer want to hang out with mom and dad. For now I’m
Loving it AND the old man pontoon. Haha.

Little reminder:
View attachment 816310

Tell me more about the jet bote!
Mine has gone 86 MPH.
But 80 is a more consistent number.
That’s barely on plane for a “real” boat, but it’s an A ticket thrill ride in my potato chip.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
. Doug is actually a friend of mine ....

I’m surprised you have any friends honestly.

You ever wonder if your “friends” let you go back to the dock ten minutes before them just so they don’t have to go back to the dock with you?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I appreciate we all have our opinions and we still have freedom of speech

Reactions: DWC

buck35

Reaction score
I’m surprised you have any friends honestly.

You ever wonder if your “friends” let you go back to the dock ten minutes before them just so they don’t have to go back to the dock with you?

Now that's funny!

Last edited:

Gambin87

Reaction score

what’s funny to me is you’re having a meltdown while calling someone out for having “meltdowns”

X-rated

Reaction score
FUCK NTB!!!
(Usually reserved for Grads but his guy just just won the honour!!)

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Dave is a nice guy. That doesn't mean all of us have to kiss his ass nor agree with him all the time. Just my opinion