WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What mods are you doing (or have done) to your off road vehicle this season?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What do you have planned for your off road toys for this season?

On my Rzr I had my rear shocks rebuilt and revalved, I dialed in my clutch kit and had the ECM tuned. I just put in a gated B&M shifter last week. What a huge improvement!

I think that is about it for me for this season... I may pick up some high ground clearance front arms, and a rear seat storage kit for longer trips on Black Friday.

BF39EF7D-6894-4E24-A00D-45A713BF8507.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is a "gated" B&M Shifter and why is that an improvement?

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What is a "gated" B&M Shifter and why is that an improvement?

RD

The shifter has a trigger on it that locks you out of park. I can go from Low or High into reverse and back into low without looking, and without worry of missing a gear and shoving it into park or high. Bump shifter up until it stops, I'm in reverse. Bump down until it stops I'm in low.

From low, trigger pull and pull down and I'm locked into high. It will ratchet back to reverse and stop there if I bump up the stick. Trigger pull and shift to park, the machine is locked in park.

If you have driven a Rzr, (your Ranger might have been the same?) you have to look at the indicator to see what gear you are in and/or count the detents, and the shift pattern is straight up and down..It is easy to miss a gear on a hill maneuver, doing a multi point turn, or while loading and unloading.

Your Can Am has some gates I believe (below), which is a lot better, but no lockout. They offer Can Am shifters with the trigger lock as well to completely idiot proof it.

maveric-x3-shift-panel-gate-canam-red-02-510x510.jpg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you shifting this thing while it's moving from low to High etc? Or is it just to make it quicker / easier while you are changing gears while stopped?

I think my old Teryx you "could" shift it while it was moving if it was under some mph.. I never had the balls to try it.. LOL. I'd just make my decision before I went up a hill etc.. 99% of the time it was just in high.

My Ranger if it was a crazy hill I'd put it in low, and if we were cruising 15-25 mph I'd just leave it in low the whole time. Fast desert Running etc I'd just leave it in high.

The Ranger was setup kinda backwards from the RZR's.. You push the stick all the way up and it's in High. Pull it all the way down and you are in Park. One up is reverse, and two up was neutral, three up low, four up high.. It was pretty idiot proof, but it's a farm vehicle so I think they intentionally did it that way.. LOL.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are you shifting this thing while it's moving from low to High etc? Or is it just to make it quicker / easier while you are changing gears while stopped?

The Ranger was setup kinda backwards from the RZR's.. You push the stick all the way up and it's in High. Pull it all the way down and you are in Park. One up is reverse, and two up was neutral, three up low, four up high.. It was pretty idiot proof, but it's a farm vehicle so I think they intentionally did it that way.. LOL.

RD

No you still cant shift on the fly. This makes it easier while stopped. The rock crawler guys really like them because if they think they are going to flip over, they can "panic shift" to reverse to back off the face of a rock or ledge. Last week we went up a really steep hill in the sand and we stopped moving. I just popped into reverse without looking and crept back down.

Here is a demo.. Skip to 14:30, he shows how it works. The guy talks way to much.

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I got a trailer for it :D

Did the basic stuff lights and whips. Did the Rockford stage 5 for sounds and just did the “fox recommended set up” on the shocks but haven’t driven it yet. Plan on taking it out this weekend to try it and dial it in.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So far I’ve added
ECU flash from EVO
Clutch kit with new helix
Fresh air pumper for helmets
Lowering seat bases
And a whip mount for a taller whip for Glamis where they are required.

I plan to pick up a rear seat storage system. And possibly a new voltage regulator as well
CA52FD40-35FC-42C0-8B0D-E1EB5D423409.jpeg
5632AA76-AC0A-4EC5-A224-29190426A051.jpeg
575C646C-6F8C-4931-B31D-42417927D69F.jpeg
535EAF67-3905-472D-A462-7B9DB47F01B6.jpeg
9C95D77B-088E-47A9-9659-557252748BA9.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
ZRP radius rods, HCR upper/lower A-arms and annual maintenance should be done this week. Trying to figure out how to sell the wife on the Rugged system.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
ZRP radius rods, HCR upper/lower A-arms and annual maintenance should be done this week. Trying to figure out how to sell the wife on the Rugged system.
Just do it ask for forgiveness not permission. Best upgrade to do

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Just do it ask for forgiveness not permission. Best upgrade to do
I should have edited. 50% is asking, 50% is writing the check. All in with 4 helmet kits sucks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Safety first.. and once a year savings on Black Friday!

redone76

Reaction score
BDA55962-7A37-4746-B8D0-840D16DF67FB.jpeg
You guys and all your fancy shit. I just need to replace the control arm bushing that fell out this past weekend.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
The shifter has a trigger on it that locks you out of park. I can go from Low or High into reverse and back into low without looking, and without worry of missing a gear and shoving it into park or high. Bump shifter up until it stops, I'm in reverse. Bump down until it stops I'm in low.

From low, trigger pull and pull down and I'm locked into high. It will ratchet back to reverse and stop there if I bump up the stick. Trigger pull and shift to park, the machine is locked in park.

If you have driven a Rzr, (your Ranger might have been the same?) you have to look at the indicator to see what gear you are in and/or count the detents, and the shift pattern is straight up and down..It is easy to miss a gear on a hill maneuver, doing a multi point turn, or while loading and unloading.

Your Can Am has some gates I believe (below), which is a lot better, but no lockout. They offer Can Am shifters with the trigger lock as well to completely idiot proof it.

maveric-x3-shift-panel-gate-canam-red-02-510x510.jpg
You have that much difficulty shifting you RZR?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I'll throw the charger on the EZ GO every week or so....carry on

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I bought it? Been out of sxs’s three years, bought mine with a ton of stuff on it and getting used to it.
Got a quickshot jack but am going to a jack Daddy once tuff trail fabs front shock adapters for my Madigan A arms:
Helmets to go with the PCI radio in it.
Sand Jack and a bunch of trail tools
Still trying to figure out a Navi system, the handheld etrex takes to long
Selling the CST paddle set that came with it for Fullerton Sand Sports set up

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I bought a 55 gallon drum for fuel so I run the shit out of my can am!

lol

I also had a tire carrier made for the spare tire. I might get a couple of tires for the rear, they are looking a little worn out but want them on hand for just in case.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I bought a 55 gallon drum for fuel so I run the shit out of my can am!

lol

I also had a tire carrier made for the spare tire. I might get a couple of tires for the rear, they are looking a little worn out but want them on hand for just in case.

Still on the stock belt after your Peace Trail trip?

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Yes running sweet!
Belt temp got up 184 and that was because the snorkel tube popped loose, stopped for a beer fixed the snorkel/ tube and was good to go!

other than that belt only got up to 173!

we need to change the AZPT name to the Arizona 800! It’s a bad ass ride and I had a fabulous time... I’m ready to go again!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes running sweet!
Belt temp got up 184 and that was because the snorkel tube popped loose, stopped for a beer fixed the snorkel/ tube and was good to go!

other than that belt only got up to 173!

we need to change the AZPT name to the Arizona 800! It’s a bad ass ride and I had a fabulous time... I’m ready to go again!

Awesome. I really want to do that ride. That’s why I’m looking at the rear seat storage conversion. I need that and to choose a helmet blower. I’ll probably get the same one as Ian.

DLC

Reaction score
I was talking to Ian and we can do the upper loop one weekend and then the lower loop another time if you don’t want to do it all at once.

we drove for 5 days and it was fun fun fun!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was talking to Ian and we can do the upper loop one weekend and then the lower loop another time if you don’t want to do it all at once.

we drove for 5 days and it was fun fun fun!

Yea I’m down for that. I’d love to to the whole thing, but it ends up being 6-7 days by the time you lead in and out.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
We met in Yuma at 3 pm Friday hit the trail Saturday morning at 7 am

I left Yuma to head back to Havasu on Wednesday about 4pm after getting off of the trail
Then spent Thursday in Havasu cleaning up and drove back to SD about 3 ish.
So that’s a full week

DLC

Reaction score
We can do the upper
Loop no problem. Leave Havasu and head to Kingman
Spend the night in Kingman
Head over the Mountains head to Lake Alamo and instead of going all the way to the lake we can just head back to Havasu.

DLC

Reaction score
The lower loop we head to Lake Alamo spend the night in Salome, then head to Yuma to spend the night and up to Quartzite for the last night

DLC

Reaction score
You need to be able to carry 4 gallons of fuel. Cheapie red gas cans work. I carried 6 gallons for just in case.

From Salome to Yuma was a lot of high speed and that was the most fuel usage day. I was on empty and shared a gallon with a buddy for just in case

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Just a basic tuneup... ready to chase singletrack for hours on end now.
20190908_101454.jpg
20190811_092316.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You need to be able to carry 4 gallons of fuel. Cheapie red gas cans work. I carried 6 gallons for just in case.

From Salome to Yuma was a lot of high speed and that was the most fuel usage day. I was on empty and shared a gallon with a buddy for just in case

Yea I was figuring we’d need 3-5 gallons. My NA car is a little more thrifty with fuel.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I did two sets of the billet mounts for my com’s also all new jack wires and antenna wire. Two new Baja Design dome lights, super ba twice as bright as the older style. All fluids and filters. Last winter i did all new heims and rear trailing arm bushings that wasn’t cheap :( and then didn’t use the damn thing.
Redid the ramps on my trailer and while going through and rebolting all the wood and adding some extra bolts landed myself in the urgent care for four stitches in my index finger tonight. Love good quality sharp bits but they go through flesh faster than steel :rolleyes:
6244F744-3700-45F8-B719-9C75B45B2251.jpeg