WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Astros cheated in 2017 World Series

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Stealing signs has always been part of baseball. Its only using tech live that gets you trouble.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Stealing signs has always been part of baseball. Its only using tech live that gets you trouble.

Where is the line?

It is ok to watch the signs.

Would glasses be considered using tech to gain an advantage? Lasik? How about binoculars? A telescope? What if we take that telescope, and hook the eyepiece up to some fiber optics so it is viewable in the dugout? Still ok? It is just light and glass, both of which are older than baseball... If that is OK, why not converting the signal from that telescope into a digital signal, run it thru some basic copper wires to a box and convert it back into light. No real gain beyond the fiberoptic setup, but MUCH easier to route...

Again, where is the line?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Where is the line?

It is ok to watch the signs.

Would glasses be considered using tech to gain an advantage? Lasik? How about binoculars? A telescope? What if we take that telescope, and hook the eyepiece up to some fiber optics so it is viewable in the dugout? Still ok? It is just light and glass, both of which are older than baseball... If that is OK, why not converting the signal from that telescope into a digital signal, run it thru some basic copper wires to a box and convert it back into light. No real gain beyond the fiberoptic setup, but MUCH easier to route...

Again, where is the line?
That is for mlb to figure out. I know in the nfl it is so bad coaches have to cover thier mouths to stop the other team from using lip readers. I would say that is going to far, but to decode a public sign, i would say habe at it.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
That is for mlb to figure out. I know in the nfl it is so bad coaches have to cover thier mouths to stop the other team from using lip readers. I would say that is going to far, but to decode a public sign, i would say habe at it.

I agree.

MLB needs to draw the line in the sand... the current "no technology" is BS. Eye glasses are technology!!!

HBCraig

Reaction score
I agree.

MLB needs to draw the line in the sand... the current "no technology" is BS. Eye glasses are technology!!!
No they are not. Let's get real here. Stationing a guy in a camera in center field is technology. That's bullshit and is not part if the game

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
No they are not. Let's get real here. Stationing a guy in a camera in center field is technology. That's bullshit and is not part if the game

Are you claiming that eyeglasses aren't technology? Why not?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
74680829_10220707800913859_5209422058735271936_n.jpg

jetur

Reaction score
As a young kid a guy told me, "ya ain't trying unless you're cheating".
I don't live by it but get a laugh out of it every time it comes up.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I’ll agree that stealing signs is a part of baseball (or any sport) that’s why they have signs to begin with, to try and hide their plays. But setting up a camera to feed a screen in the dugout so the players can beat on a trash can to the batter is going too far.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I have listened to Jim Rome since his beginning; when he use to do the toilet flushing drug test sound effects. LoL

It’s a hard show to get into. But it’s funny when you figure out what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Like the fake fight with Jim Everett when Rome called him Chrissy. :D
Yup I remember that. What was the name of the other guy who did a show before him? He use to ask for a "reaction" to his questions/opinions and Rome was always making fun of him. #mighty690

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My boy was showing me this last night. Pretty crazy but even knowing the pitch you still have to be able to hit it

You have a much higher percentage of success knowing you were only going to see a fastball and not having to guess.

This was 2 Years ago when it was technically not illegal to use live video feeds. Sign stealing has always been a part of baseball. The Astros (and quite a few other teams) just incorporated today’s technology, lol. From what I understand the rules were changed last year so all video feed in dugouts, bullpens, and clubhouse must be on a 5 second delay so this doesn’t happen again

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You have a much higher percentage of success knowing you were only going to see a fastball and not having to guess.

This was 2 Years ago when it was technically not illegal to use live video feeds. Sign stealing has always been a part of baseball. The Astros (and quite a few other teams) just incorporated today’s technology, lol. From what I understand the rules were changed last year so all video feed in dugouts, bullpens, and clubhouse must be on a 5 second delay so this doesn’t happen again

So you are saying this whole thing was common knowledge? ;)

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It was pretty easy to figure out. Every time the catcher put down a sign for an off-speed pitch somebody in the Astros dugout would hit a trash can with a baseball bat for the hitter to hear before the pitch came.