WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

#HomelessExperienceOfTheDay

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This City/State has completely lost all control of the situation.
Yoga Pants Garcetti and Numb Newsom need to wake the fuk up or get the hell out of office.

From John and Ken (KFI) yesterday.

If you've spent five minutes in Los Angeles, you've seen a homeless person or two...

But you won't believe what one of our listeners saw this morning!

Outside of the Midnight Mission, a crazy homeless decided to sleep in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET.

What did the mayor and police do???

Arrest him for being a hazard to traffic and people's lives? NO.

Take him to a psychiatric facility for help? NOPE.

They actually put up cones and an arrow machine to block off the lane of traffic so he could continue sleeping in the street... (His bed is next to the stolen red grocery cart.)

"I can't wait to get out of this state," the listener wrote in the email to us.

5dcc78b3df3b0901471dabb9

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
As one of the resident dolts would vehemently say...

#FAILEDANDINEFFECTIVE

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It's insanity. I know where I live in Huntington Beach the homeless population has exploded in the last 2 years. The baffling thing is I'm not sure why there are some many more Hobo's these days when the economy is doing so well? Scares me to think what it's going to be like when the economy slows down some day (and it will) and all the people who are now living paycheck to paycheck start losing their jobs. It could become more out of control than it already is.

Read some really startling data yesterday. It said approximately 50% of all the Homeless Peoples in the United States reside in California. :eek:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Read some really startling data yesterday. It said approximately 50% of all the Homeless Peoples in the United States reside in California. :eek:

That makes sense since CA is one of the largest states and the weather is nicer to live outdoors then say.. Minnesota...:p

I'm bidding on a 100 bed emergency shelter in Placentia. Existing 11K square foot warehouse. :)

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
That makes sense since CA is one of the largest states and the weather is nicer to live outdoors then say.. Minnesota...:p

I'm bidding on a 100 bed emergency shelter in Placentia. Existing 11K square foot warehouse. :)
Yep...im sure its definitely the weather and not the lax legislation like prop47 or AB109 that caters and protects transients :rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You guys hear the latest these idiots are doing with yore tax money?

A 53 unit vagrant housing project going up at the 110/105 interchange made of shipping containers...

$600k per unit cost. These idiots can’t even get a dwelling made of shipping containers for the homeless under the MEDIAN housing price in the county.

This is after the $700k per unit cost for the vagrant condos they are building.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Are you at all surprised.

A 53 unit vagrant housing project going up at the 110/105 interchange made of shipping containers...

$600k per unit cost. These idiots can’t even get a dwelling for the homeless under the MEDIAN housing price in the county.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yep...im sure its definitely the weather and not the lax legislation like prop47 or AB109 that caters and protects transients :rolleyes:
There has been a homeless problem in CA. long before P47 and AB109 were passed. :rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There has been a homeless problem in CA. long before P47 and AB109 were passed. :rolleyes:

It’s only exploded since then Bobby.

We had nearly 10000 attacks in the city of LA alone by vagrants on innocect people last year..

And this one 2 days ago. But the homeless have been dragging people out of their cars and dumping buckets of feces on innocent people since way before AB109, amirite???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/diarrhea-poured-on-woman-hollywood-homeless-564585101.html?amp=y

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Of course there was a problem before

But ignoring the fact that the homeless problem has gotten significantly worse in the last 15 years is just ignoring the reality of the situation
Fair enough. But AB 109 and Prop47 were just passed in 2011 and 2014.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
They did that shit in Oakland but with Tuff Sheds. It was just a big photo opportunity for the local Tard politicians

All the TV people showed up and the politicos patting themselves on the back on TV.

Then no one moved in to those sheds. Eventually it was removed about a year later.

It’s next to the freeway so we can see it.

Meanwhile the tent cities flourish on the sidewalks of that town

$600k per unit cost. These idiots can’t even get a dwelling made of shipping containers for the homeless under the MEDIAN housing price in the county.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
What do you suppose the increase is attributable to then?

We gave one possible (plausible) scenario?

Fair enough. But AB 109 and Prop47 were just passed in 2011 and 2014.

I was just throwing a number out there for a number of years. The situation has really exploded the last 5 years but was there before

Last edited:

redone76

Reaction score
All of the emergency housing being built, but look at the last line from this post from yesterday.

View attachment 816755
It's mind blowing how much money is being poured into all this homeless housing when none of these shitbags are gonna move into them. You have to follow the rules into order to live in the housing...gee...think that's gonna happen?

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They did that shit in Oakland but with Tuff Sheds. It was just a big photo opportunity for the local Tard politicians

All the TV people showed up and the politicos patting themselves on the back on TV.

Then no one moved in to those sheds. Eventually it was removed about a year later.

It’s next to the freeway so we can see it.

Meanwhile the tent cities flourish on the sidewalks of that town

That is incredibly smarter than the idiots in LA.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Hmmmmm....

Put down the meth pipe or get free housing...

That’s a tough one.

;):p:cool:

It's mind blowing how much money is being bored into all this homeless housing when none of these shitbags are gonna move into them. You have to follow the rules into order to live in the housing...gee...think that's gonna happen?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
All of the emergency housing being built, but look at the last line from this post from yesterday.

View attachment 816755

It's mind blowing how much money is being bored into all this homeless housing when none of these shitbags are gonna move into them. You have to follow the rules into order to live in the housing...gee...think that's gonna happen?

Yep, Last year the channel 5 news were down at the Santa Ana river when all the homeless were being removed, they talked to them about the new shelter that was just completed and asked them why they didn't go there. They didn't want to have to follow their rules.
A couple weeks ago, the sheriffs were kicking them out of the Sepulveda basin, and offering them vouchers for shelters. Nope nobody wanted them.
As long as they have no consequence for how they live, or what they are doing to people they aren't going to change what they are doing.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Homelessness is up 43% from 2017 to 2019 in Orange County alone. Nearly every county in SoCal is up 20%+ since 2017. AB109 and Prop47 most certainly has helped this disaster.
So its a win/win for everybody. The new shelter in Placentia will give construction companies and their employees a new project and you can rent your lifts to them..:p

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
There are no rules. L.A. and other California cities rejected drug recovery (treatment) as a condition of housing 10 years ago. People have little incentive to do treatment when there is no threat of jail time.

https://endhomelessness.org/resource/housing-first/

Thanks "Housing First"!
Thanks Prop 47!

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
It's insanity. I know where I live in Huntington Beach the homeless population has exploded in the last 2 years. . . . . than it already is. . . . reside in California. :eek:

The State forced HB to buy a small industrial building here in our complex (McFadden/Springdale area) to be converted to a homeless shelter, two blocks away from my shop. "Luckily" I don't rely upon walk-in traffic, but most do.

redone76

Reaction score
There are no rules. L.A. and other California cities rejected drug recovery (treatment) as a condition of housing 10 years ago. People have little incentive to do treatment when there is no threat of jail time.

Thanks "Housing First"!
Thanks Prop 47!
Interesting...
I read the rules didn't involve "treatment" but more along the lines of a mandated curfew and no drugs or alcohol in the housing.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
There is a great documentary on YouTube that my son watched. It contrasted our policies of catch and release of addicts and their shitty behavior (actually Seattle) against Rhode Island’s policy.

RI has a policy of prosecuting petty crimes by addicts and diverting them to drug treatment. If you don’t want treatment, fine go to jail. Their recidivism rate was significantly lower than ours.

This wasn’t the main point of the article either, which was chronic heavy drug results in a fatality eventually. Allowing addicts to abuse to such a serious extent leads to their inevitable death. That’s not compassion as the tards claim it to be by allowing addicts to use without facing consequences for their shitty behavior

Basically they said the tards should be ashamed of themselves.

Thanks "Housing First"!
Thanks Prop 47!

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting...
I read the rules didn't involve "treatment" but more along the lines of a mandated curfew and no drugs or alcohol in the housing.
lol
https://endhomelessness.org/what-housing-first-really-means/

"
This is what we mean by Housing First: that homelessness is a problem with a solution, and that the solution is housing. For everyone. Whether you follow the rules or not. Whether you are “compliant” with treatment or not. Whether you have a criminal record or not. Whether you have been on the streets for one day or ten years. Permanent housing is what ends homelessness. It is the platform from which people can continue to grow and thrive in their communities.

Housing First is a philosophy that values flexibility, individualized supports, client choice, and autonomy. It never has been housing only, and it never should be."

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
So you're saying that being able to shit and piss on the sidewalk of your choice is just the icing on the cake so to speak. :p
I'm not saying that at all.
You can keep those ideas in Commiefornia.
I just dont want anyone coming to where I live and trying to do any of that or bring their political views that would allow it to my backyard either.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
technically the bums will take a crap in yore front yard

:p;):cool:

I just dont want anyone coming to where I live and trying to do any of that or bring their political views that would allow it to my backyard either.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
A few thoughts:

The homeless care industrial complex is becoming a thing. All this money spent is probably going to companies that donate to the politicians. So there's no real incentive to solve the problem. They just want to keep throwing money at it, so they can pay off their donors.

Drug addicts would rather just do drugs all day. No need to work. Many get government checks. Most get free food from the various support agencies. They can always beg for cash and do pretty well. They get enough to get by, to get high and if no one forces them to move on they are content with what they have and to sleep wherever they lay.

Remember the movie "Escape from New York"?

old rigger

Reaction score
This City/State has completely lost all control of the situation.
Yoga Pants Garcetti and Numb Newsom need to wake the fuk up or get the hell out of office.

From John and Ken (KFI) yesterday.

If you've spent five minutes in Los Angeles, you've seen a homeless person or two...

But you won't believe what one of our listeners saw this morning!

Outside of the Midnight Mission, a crazy homeless decided to sleep in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET.

What did the mayor and police do???

Arrest him for being a hazard to traffic and people's lives? NO.

Take him to a psychiatric facility for help? NOPE.

They actually put up cones and an arrow machine to block off the lane of traffic so he could continue sleeping in the street... (His bed is next to the stolen red grocery cart.)

"I can't wait to get out of this state," the listener wrote in the email to us.

5dcc78b3df3b0901471dabb9

Did you hear their guest yesterday, the lady that was attacked and then had a Folgers coffee can full of warm diarrhea dumped on her head by a homeless guy? Fire dept had to come hose her off. Guy was taken in and found mentally unfit for trial so they let him go back on the streets. Now the victim had to be tested every 3 months for something, can't remember what she said, that shit got in her eyes.

rrrr

Reaction score

That'll take care of a hundred. What are they going to do about the other 129,900?

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score

I definitely hear ya on that lol. Just a tie in to the humorous California weather comments that usually show up in threads like this ;) :p

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not being political, or anti homeless...but why do people vote to help people that refuse help? I grew up with an addict sister, and cut her off about 6 years ago. There comes a time when no matter what you do, it is a lost cause. With the drugged up homeless, why do they throw huge amounts of money at medical and housing? Cut the dollars for wishful thinking, and save it real needs.

....like napalm and bleach.