WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Addition/Garage Extension

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
So about a month ago the wife and I decided to move to our home in Havasu full time. It wasn't too difficult of a decision considering how much CA sucks! We sold our home in CA, that we loved, and moved to our "vacation home" full time. We didn't realize how much we wanted more space until we tried to fit everything as full time residents.

We worked with @RiverDiva to find a bigger home and in the end decided to just add additional space since we have a good size lot. While I'm at it, might as well make the RV garage bigger right?

Ended up using Damon La Blue as our architect and it was a great decision as he truly is an educated architect. Give him a call if you need some plans- 602-750-7898, he's a boater and has restored a few Eliminators and is now a full time Havasu resident as well.

Currently bidding out the project and hope to pick a contractor next week. Here are the plans and I'll try to keep this updated.
fullsizeoutput_453d.jpeg

timmahhhh

Reaction score
So about a month ago the wife and I decided to move to our home in Havasu full time. It wasn't too difficult of a decision considering how much CA sucks! We sold our home in CA, that we loved, and moved to our "vacation home" full time. We didn't realize how much we wanted more space until we tried to fit everything as full time residents.

We worked with @RiverDiva to find a bigger home and in the end decided to just add additional space since we have a good size lot. While I'm at it, might as well make the RV garage bigger right?

Ended up using Damon La Blue as our architect and it was a great decision as he truly is an educated architect. Give him a call if you need some plans- 602-750-7898, he's a boater and has restored a few Eliminators and is now a full time Havasu resident as well.

Currently bidding out the project and hope to pick a contractor next week. Here are the plans and I'll try to keep this updated. View attachment 816866
Damon is doing our plans for a Havasu house. he designed for living space so well my wife didn't even notice that I got 1900 square feet of garage :)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
Damon is doing our plans for a Havasu house. he designed for living space so well my wife didn't even notice that I got 1900 square feet of garage :)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
so how far along did you get>>>>2 months in....

Right?! The plans finally got submitted last week! Waiting for approval. The truss calcs took a really long time and every contractor, but the one we chose, took a very long time to get us a bid. A few never gave a bid and most took 6-8 weeks to get one over.

I’d say in regards to moving here full time; the biggest adjustment is realizing everyone’s on a slower pace.

We ultimately went with River Ridge Builders, he was very responsive and had a fair price. He also has a great reputation in town.

My guess is we still have a few weeks until they start.

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_453d-jpeg.816866

who built the OG house??? do you have the total width before the demo????

It was Desert Sun, I don’t know what the total width is. Hit up Damien he can make you some good plans!

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
Decided not to do it because I’d lose equity at the end of the day.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Decided not to do it because I’d lose equity at the end of the day.

Wow what a bummer. I was looking for forward to seeing the progress. I really liked the way that the House was going to be laid out. The flow was really nice and it did not look like an addition.

Do you mind me asking how much the plan process set you back? I am looking into a small renovation myself.

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
Wow what a bummer. I was looking for forward to seeing the progress. I really liked the way that the House was going to be laid out. The flow was really nice and it did not look like an addition.

Do you mind me asking how much the plan process set you back? I am looking into a small renovation myself.

The plan process with the city was only like $300 if I remember right. We need a variance on one side otherwise I believe it’s only $100. If you need an architect who is awesome, a boater, and works with the city give Damon LaBlue a call 602-750-7898. I was really looking forward to it as well, but I’ll probably just end up building an entire home in the foothills instead so that I can make everything the way I’d like it to be.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The plan process with the city was only like $300 if I remember right. We need a variance on one side otherwise I believe it’s only $100. If you need an architect who is awesome, a boater, and works with the city give Damon LaBlue a call 602-750-7898. I was really looking forward to it as well, but I’ll probably just end up building an entire home in the foothills instead so that I can make everything the way I’d like it to be.

Thanks for the information and AIA suggestion. Our son is an architect and I grew up in a construction family and worked my whole adult life in the industry. We should be covered as for the design. We will have to reach out for the structural and stamp as needed. Do you think that your guy would do that kind of service?