BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I did. Holy shit.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah.

Miles Garret is definitely going to get some suspension and fines for that bullshit and rightly so.
Pulls the helmet off Rudolph and beats him with it??
Fucking animal.
Pretty sure he already leads the league in personal fouls.

termiteguy

Reaction score
That was disappointing it didn't need to happen Steelers QB didn't even have the ball anymore and was still thrown to the ground. Hopefully a good suspension are coming

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That was disappointing it didn't need to happen Steelers QB didn't even have the ball anymore and was still thrown to the ground. Hopefully a good suspension are coming

Garret is infamous for that shit.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Never seen someone rip the QB's helmet off and hit him over the head with it.:eek: Quite frankly the Pittsburgh players shouldn't have been penalized for trying to beat the shit out of him.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
That was crazy. With 8 seconds left. Ridiculous.

Lots of rough play

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Never seen someone rip the QB's helmet off and hit him over the head with it.:eek: Quite frankly the Pittsburgh players shouldn't have been penalized for trying to beat the shit out of him.

It’s a first for me as well.

Garret should definitely take the brunt of the fines and suspension.

It doesn’t really matter to the head office who started what. He could have broke the kids neck just ripping the helmet off, let alone hitting him over the head with it.
But they’re all going to get dinged.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Hopefully he gets a long vacation to think about what he did. He could have really hurt Rudolph.

CobraDave

Reaction score
My kid is pretty serious about football (8) and watched that game with me. What a horrible representation of football and sportsmanship[emoji107]

Rudolph wasn’t innocent in that though. He just wasn’t as good at taking helmets off as Garrett was. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayBreww

Reaction score
He should be arrested. That was nothing but straight up assult with a deadly weapon. He should never be able to ever play again.

Should, but won’t, cause the nfl only saw that as an opportunity to make more money and the publicizing that produced.

RVRKID

Reaction score
3A1258FF-FA55-4E40-A80F-933F93CB4139.png
My kid is pretty serious about football (8) and watched that game with me. What a horrible representation of football and sportsmanship[emoji107]

Rudolph wasn’t innocent in that though. He just wasn’t as good at taking helmets off as Garrett was. [emoji16]

My son who is 8 said disgusting and walked out of the room.
I agree about Rudolph

kevin1988

Reaction score
He should be arrested. That was nothing but straight up assult with a deadly weapon. He should never be able to ever play again.

I think it would be looked at as mutual combat. Rudolph was on the ground, got up and ran after Garrett. Garrett then hit him in the head.

Obviously this isn't ok but, Garrett could claim self defense since Rudolph was running after him.

Xring01

Reaction score
Nfl is all about $$$

This drives up ratings, because million hits +checking it out on every news, broadcast, social media etc.

Mini UFC

Money will flow in, ratings go thru the roof

will people get fined and be put on time out, yes,,,

but the NFL is loving this debacle.

Viewers hope for a repeat on Sunday, millions more tune in.

Its a brutal sport, played by people with brutal intentions, with a fan base who craves these outcomes.

please ask me how I know.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Just boys having fun......

Both teams are frustrated. Rudolph was frustrated from all the picks. It escalated. Garrett was completely wrong and should be suspended as should the Steelers lineman kicking him repeatedly.

Singleton

Reaction score
Rudolph - will get 1 game or 25k fine
Pounce - 2 games or 50k fine
Garrett - Out For season

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just read on the Browns team blog that Garret is taking full responsibility for the fight, and has apologized to everyone involved, and is braced for full disciplinary measures from the league.
I know it doesn’t carry much weight, but I guess it’s better than continuing to be an asshole after the fact.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Just read on the Browns team blog that Garret is taking full responsibility for the fight, and has apologized to everyone involved, and is braced for full disciplinary measures from the league.
I know it doesn’t carry much weight, but I guess it’s better than continuing to be an asshole after the fact.

I see this as less about taking responsibility and more about a damage control person that was hired before he left the locker room that night giving him a speech with the hopes of him finishing the season or just playing again at all. Paid consultants behind this with nothing but damage control on their mind.

nowski

Reaction score
Fight??? I didn't see a fight I saw an assault!!!

On a positive note: Unemployment rates are at an all time low. The bad new is I don't think Garret is employable unless Popeye's wants to give him a break...

The NFL's successful at rescuing some from the ghetto but they haven't succeeded in removing the ghetto out of a few...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I see this as less about taking responsibility and more about a damage control person that was hired before he left the locker room that night giving him a speech with the hopes of him finishing the season or just playing again at all. Paid consultants behind this with nothing but damage control on their mind.

For sure.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Fight??? I didn't see a fight I saw an assault!!!

On a positive note: Unemployment rates are at an all time low. The bad new is I don't think Garret is employable unless Popeye's wants to give him a break...

The NFL's successful at rescuing some from the ghetto but they haven't succeeded in removing the ghetto out of a few...

Not defending Garret at all, a lengthy suspension and heavy fine is in order, as well as a close eye on him going forward. But if you want to get criminally technical here and throw law at it, the truth is that Rudolph DID go at him first.
A kid went after the 6’5” 275 pound, near zero body fat Garret. That’s not real smart.
As I said, Garret is prone to personal fouls for roughing, he has to cool his shit or find another line of work.
But let’s be real here.

BajaT

Reaction score
I blame Tomlin. That game was ridiculous. Steelers only scored thanks to 70 yards worth of penalties on 1 drive. Tomlin should have licked his wounds and saved his QB who had been sacked multiple times and 4 ints. Not to mention 5 Steelers left game with concussions or other injuries. He uses his timeouts, offense gets ball back down 14 with 1:30 to go vs. taking the loss and letting Cleveland run out the clock. QB gets sacked 2 more times and then the 3rd down mess. Now they have players suspended on both sides and QB could have been concussed and out a game. Good coaching......

Singleton

Reaction score
I blame Tomlin. That game was ridiculous. Steelers only scored thanks to 70 yards worth of penalties on 1 drive. Tomlin should have licked his wounds and saved his QB who had been sacked multiple times and 4 ints. Not to mention 5 Steelers left game with concussions or other injuries. He uses his timeouts, offense gets ball back down 14 with 1:30 to go vs. taking the loss and letting Cleveland run out the clock. QB gets sacked 2 more times and then the 3rd down mess. Now they have players suspended on both sides and QB could have been concussed and out a game. Good coaching......

Really.
Read this morning the Browns are the most penalized team this year in the NFL with the most ruffing the passer and defenseless receiver penalties.

Player represent coach, this is on the brown HC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Great observation, I was like “wtf are they doing?” in the last minute.

BajaT

Reaction score
Yeah, but your second year QB is having worst game of career. Another pick ain't gonna build his confidence. I'd be more concerned about another injury with 1:30 to go....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Really.
Read this morning the Browns are the most penalized team this year in the NFL with the most ruffing the passer and defenseless receiver penalties.

A lot of that is Garret, at least the roughing calls.
He is a beast of a lineman, but at some point (now, for instance?) he’s a liability for the team.
I don’t think he’s controllable.

BajaT

Reaction score
Really.

I do not know why their coach is still there. I agree 100%. Cleveland has zero discipline. Tomlin could have protected his team at end is what i am saying.....

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Practice situational football for when it matters

Yeah I get that, I played for 9 years.
BUT, it was a game of significant attrition for the Steelers, both physically, and for the kid QB a big mental mind fuck. In this case it was time to get off the field.
Truthfully, I liked that the kid finally said “enough is enough”. That’s like Elway or Marino mentality!

You don’t see that a lot. Even Mayfield gets all pouty when things go bad.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
That game was so important to both teams that were picked to finish 1-2 in the division. Both play on the edge and the frustration finally caught up with Rudolph. He was brought down hard by Garret and started closing at him and who knows what was said. Garrett reacted and went over the line.

The concussion deal these days is the responsible factor as most of the roughing penalties on Garrett would have been legal hits in the past/ Cleveland is highly penalized as they are trying to live up to the hype we've heard all offseason.

I just hope the league show common sense in taking all the issues into account. And it's time to gather all the coaches and determine a better way to tackle that keeps the helmets out of the way. Going full speed makes it near impossible to use only a shoulder when the O guy is ducking and moving.

Garret was wrong, but no season ending wrong imho.. The kid plays 110% every play and if he slows down, he'll get hurt. I agree Tomlin has some responsibility as his QB should not have been in the game at that point. It was a blemish, but should not be blown up higher than similar incidents of the past. It's a very rough sport played by very rough men. It is what it is.....

BajaT

Reaction score
All considered, thought Pouncey would have been hit hard as well, only 1 game for kicking a player in the head while laying down defenseless.....Player being "assulted" was already separated and instigator was down flat on the ground...

JD D05

Reaction score
All considered, thought Pouncey would have been hit hard as well, only 1 game for kicking a player in the head while laying down defenseless.....Player being "assulted" was already separated and instigator was down flat on the ground...

Pouncey got three games and Rudolph remainder of the season.