WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Construction - New water service to a vacant parcel

C-2

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but I just had this one dialed in today on a new build with a new 1” meter and figured I’d share the pics with @C-2 . Not saying this is the Schiada rigging of h2o service or anything, but you can see the new meter with water company supplied shutoff in the vault . 2” line with tracer, direct link to fire riser so it cannot be shut off independently, landscape Tee , and then the ball valve at the house for domestic shutoff . I’ve personally never seen a new gate valve put anywhere on anything in the 28 years of being licensed but as stated don’t ever use those or the old school angle stops inside the home either ....
View attachment 816939 View attachment 816938

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Awesome, visualizations like that help :)

So the water engineering department says they are not aware of any sidewalks or curbs:

• I am not aware of them requiring sidewalk improvements if your site is not being developed. Water service installs do not trigger any other type of improvements. You will be required to install a backflow device for the time being, though it can be removed once the lot is developed. As for the preferred location of your meter installation, we can work with you to find a good location along your property frontage.

So I think we are good to go! I'm hoping to start the application project next week.

DLC

Reaction score
Not to over think your project
but
It might be a good Idea to come off your meter then into a tee and then shut off / isolation valves then run one line up to the house and one line up to the barn. That way if you ever have a problem you can get water from the barn to the house or vise versa.... you can share the trench and then 90 over to the barn.

Drive in a couple galvanized 1 1/4 pipes that stick out of the ground a foot, so you know where the trench line or a 90 /45 fitting is or change of direction for location later, tracer line works but so does line of sight

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Nice! Don't ever miss out on the opportunity to get a water meter or a well on a property . Fees are always going up, and you never know in Ca. when, where, or for how long a moratorium will be put into play.

There was/is a shallow water well, that's why the original owner never tapped into the City water line back when it was free, or offered.

But, now the well went dry.

The City encourages the use of private wells since it helps remove phosphates/pollution from the underground aquifer. But I also know even though it's your well - they still want to put a meter on it! This weekend I am removing all traces of the well so they won't know it's there, and then maybe I'll revisit the idea of salvaging the well.

C-2

Reaction score
Not to over think your project
but
It might be a good Idea to come off your meter then into a tee and then shut off / isolation valves then run one line up to the house and one line up to the barn. That way if you ever have a problem you can get water from the barn to the house or vise versa.... you can share the trench and then 90 over to the barn.

Drive in a couple galvanized 1 1/4 pipes that stick out of the ground a foot, so you know where the trench line or a 90 /45 fitting is or change of direction for location later, tracer line works but so does line of sight

Yeah that's not a bad either since the trench will already be open. Thanks!

I'm pumped to get city water. For the past 20-years, I've done nothing but worry about the water well going dry. Also, I had never built the well pump system correctly, or tested it to see what type of water volume it flowed (how much draw down before the well basin "went dry" and how long to fill up again). I had the water lab tested and it's slightly brackish and suitable for livestock, but not potable.

Reactions: DLC