WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why do amusement parks and baseball stadiums have metal detectors

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If Dodger stadium didn't have metal detectors , all the shootings , stabbings and beatings would happen inside the stadium instead of the parking lot ...
To be clear, only domestic fights go on nowadays, usually started by the wife.

The last guy that ended up in the hospital did something inappropriate to a woman, and her man gave out street justice, plain and simple

Carrera205

Reaction score
I said the same thing to my wife yesterday. And right after that on the news they had an "expert" doing question and answer. The news anchor asked why don't schools have metal detectors, why aren't these being used do you think this would be effective? The "expert" goes "no because you know these shooters they identify a target and if its a soft target like this location was they will choose that location" and the anchors nodded. Like really you dipshit you just said it wont work because the shooters only look for places they can get away with it or get a weapon in? And if they had a metal detector that wouldn't make it safer? Unbelievable. And I wanted to jump thru the tv when our brainless leader Gavin newson gets on the stand and has the nerve to say that Donald trump has done nothing to solve this issue. The school system here in our state is Gavins responsibility. WTF has he done? What tax dollars has he deferred into more secure schools? But we wana build a train to no where or more toll roads or lets ban plastic straws!!! Or do a homeless needle exchange. Give me a break. A school is a place that has children that should be protected from not only children inside but also outsiders. I dont see an issue with metal detectors and a designated entry way kids and visitors need to pass thru and I dont imagine it would cost billions of dollars. These idiots also said "we dont like to do metal detectors because we want the kids to feel safe and that might scare them." Well it doesnt scare them at monster jam it doesn't scare them at the air port and it doesn't scare them at any government facility.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
The best and most effective action for high schools is to start Krav Maga training and team assaults on an active shooter.
It’s being implemented in colleges and both empowers students, teachers as well as gets them in a tactical/prioritized mind set that can help them handle other life stressors

The instructors tell them “they might get one of you, but they won’t get all of you”
Sobering? Yes, But, it is what we as a country were built on....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The best and most effective action for high schools is to start Krav Maga training and team assaults on an active shooter.
It’s being implemented in colleges and both empowers students, teachers as well as gets them in a tactical/prioritized mind set that can help them handle other life stressors

The instructors tell them “they might get one of you, but they won’t get all of you”

This.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That’s because other LAPD counter parts like me kicked them out of Dodgers and Staples center
You get rid of gangsters by raising prices,
Plain and simple
Sucks for everyone else, hence another reason to move

Wife and I travel a lot around the US and are beginning to see there will be no escaping it. It’s in the culture, in their blood and it’s spreading like a cancer across the USA.

Grappling hooks are already living in Canada and they’ll be hoisting trouble aboard there too.

Raising prices at Diz has helped a lot. You can see the difference since Disney woke up.

Went to Dodger Stadium twice this past season and last.
The instant Zero tolerance policy works and works damn well. Starts right at the parking space. Like washing a dish.

Enforcing it at Disneyland thugs think they are bad ass and swing on the cops.
It’ll take awhile.

Amazing how one small, head-shaved fucker can put up so much fight. Just add meth.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My memory mis fires but back in the 70’s I was on jury duty with Marion Knott daughter of Walter of Knotts berry farm.

In conversation she mentioned her brother Russel had won a court case allowing Knotts to screen and ban gang attire and behavior from their park.
That was the 70’s.
Trouble was they had milquetoast high school kids as security enforcing it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Our school districts have already installed fencing. More along the lines of controlling who has access to the campus.

They don’t want uninvited guests like Chester or gang members waltzing onto school grounds unannounced. Visitors are funneled through the front office.

Soft targets really should have some kind of deterrent. Like maybe an armed guard or a trained and willing armed staff member.

But what do you do if the shooter is suicidal? Not much can stop that as there is little deterrent.

We know taking guns away from law abiding citizens won’t solve that problem. Just creates more unarmed victims. Despite Newsome’s whining California already has the strictest gun control laws in the country which as we see, have been ineffective at stopping this kind of violence.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The answer is cost and who pays for it.

The feds, state govt, don’t want to foot the bill

that will change when the first bombing campaign hits schools

Just like Bomb Dog handlers will stop opening “unattended bags”, when they actually open an IED and it goes off

The odds today are suburban schools have much higher risk of a shooting than urban schools based on all data since columbine.

Really the best bet for safety is private schools.
Majority of posters here could afford private schools if they sold their toys off

I would if I felt my public school wasn’t safe, I’m considering private high school.

The main reason we put Maynard in Private School.

Talking to the Principal at public Royal HS in Simi she was well rehearsed in changing the subject.
Couldn’t keep her on course and discuss the gang issues our kids were dealing with. We even had pix and videos.

We learned Simi police gang unit eventually put a dent in some of the on campus and surrounding school area hangout nonsense but like cockroaches more appeared.
It’s overwhelming.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The main reason we put Maynard in Private School.

Talking to the Principal at public Royal HS in Simi she was well rehearsed in changing the subject.
Couldn’t keep her on course and discuss the gang issues our kids were dealing with. We even had pix and videos.

We learned Simi police gang unit eventually put a dent in some of the on campus and surrounding school area hangout nonsense but like cockroaches more appeared.
It’s overwhelming.
I wanna hear this, we're looking at Simi as a possible new hometown. Gang issues at Royal HS ?

Reactions: TPC

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm not sure on elementary/middle schools here in Vegas, but the 2 high schools I attended we had at least 2 Clark County School Police riding their bikes around campus at all times, including 2 hall monitors with radios. One high school in a less desirable part of town had metal detectors. I guess I always assumed it was the same everywhere

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was having drinks yesterday with an off duty LAPD officer that works in tracking down gang thug fugitives.

He explained how they easily erase their identity and restart with a new one leaving a very difficult job to find them.

While at it they open new bank accounts and default on $10 k loans over and over too while leaving that trail to nowhere behind as well.

I wouldn’t have believed it but he’s a guy dealing with it.
It’s quite easy he said and told us how simple it’s done. It works.

Only 48% of Calif residents pull a paycheck the rest live off it he added.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I wanna hear this, we're looking at Simi as a possible new hometown. Gang issues at Royal HS ?

Put your kids in Simi’s public Santa Susana HS. Its gang and a hole proof.
Maynard did his last two years of HS there. Excellent.

Dana757

Reaction score
Not saying it's a bad idea but ..... person with the metal detector will be the first person shot.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Put your kids in Simi’s public Santa Susana HS. Its gang and a hole proof.
Maynard did his last two years of HS there. Excellent.

Same thing with Las Virgenes school district and one reason we moved to get away from LAUSD system. My kids go to Calabasas High School. Night and day difference from LAUSD. If you can get them into the system I would do it. https://www.lvusd.org/

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I so glad all three of mine are out of school, but now we have grand kids to worry about.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I was having drinks yesterday with an off duty LAPD officer that works in tracking down gang thug fugitives.

He explained how they easily erase their identity and restart with a new one leaving a very difficult job to find them.

While at it they open new bank accounts and default on $10 k loans over and over too while leaving that trail to nowhere behind as well.

I wouldn’t have believed it but he’s a guy dealing with it.
It’s quite easy he said and told us how simple it’s done. It works.

Only 48% of Calif residents pull a paycheck the rest live off it he added.

Yes, exactly. This process is very simple, same identity theft process the illegals aliens use, because the gangs and organized crime supplies them.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

X100 Some corporations are teaching this as well as part of the run/hide/fight system.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Same thing with Las Virgenes school district and one reason we moved to get away from LAUSD system. My kids go to Calabasas High School. Night and day difference from LAUSD. If you can get them into the system I would do it. https://www.lvusd.org/
Both schools he's talking about are in Simi though. I was surprised to hear about Gang problems at Royal HS.
My friends kids go to Calabasas, his daughter is on the Volleyball team. They love it

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Both schools he's talking about are in Simi though. I was surprised to hear about Gang problems at Royal HS.
My friends kids go to Calabasas, his daughter is on the Volleyball team. They love it

The charter schools are pretty good now a days but anything outside lausd is better.

braindead

Reaction score
No braindead I’m not. Re read what I quoted and my response that you have quoted

A lot of high schools in CA are already partially or completely fenced in anyway. The comment was about the feasibility of building physical fencing, not the cost. It is never going to happen anyway because of the costs, so this is all moot.

Maybe you need to reread the quote, it talked about fencing, entry/exit points and metal detectors, and TSA ain't got no fencing

IMG_1812.JPG

Deven45

Banned
Reaction score
I couldn’t have said it better myse
I said the same thing to my wife yesterday. And right after that on the news they had an "expert" doing question and answer. The news anchor asked why don't schools have metal detectors, why aren't these being used do you think this would be effective? The "expert" goes "no because you know these shooters they identify a target and if its a soft target like this location was they will choose that location" and the anchors nodded. Like really you dipshit you just said it wont work because the shooters only look for places they can get away with it or get a weapon in? And if they had a metal detector that wouldn't make it safer? Unbelievable. And I wanted to jump thru the tv when our brainless leader Gavin newson gets on the stand and has the nerve to say that Donald trump has done nothing to solve this issue. The school system here in our state is Gavins responsibility. WTF has he done? What tax dollars has he deferred into more secure schools? But we wana build a train to no where or more toll roads or lets ban plastic straws!!! Or do a homeless needle exchange. Give me a break. A school is a place that has children that should be protected from not only children inside but also outsiders. I dont see an issue with metal detectors and a designated entry way kids and visitors need to pass thru and I dont imagine it would cost billions of dollars. These idiots also said "we dont like to do metal detectors because we want the kids to feel safe and that might scare them." Well it doesnt scare them at monster jam it doesn't scare them at the air port and it doesn't scare them at any government facility.

I couldn’t have said it better myself

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Not saying it's a bad idea but ..... person with the metal detector will be the first person shot.
100% truth! And then everyone is trapped.

Also look at the potential liability. If a kid gets a gun thru the metal detector and starts shooting, the school district will be sued before the casings hit the ground!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Go to any school in the USA and the students will tell you who is going to shot up their class mates on school grounds. To date, there has not been one school shooting that the kids in that school, didn't know it was going to happen. The adults choose to deal with the problem after the killing is over and our kids get to deal with it in real time. School shootings can be stopped tomorrow.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Go to any school in the USA and the students will tell you who is going to shot up their class mates on school grounds. To date, there has not been one school shooting that the kids in that school, didn't know it was going to happen. The adults choose to deal with the problem after the killing is over and our kids get to deal with it in real time. School shootings can be stopped tomorrow.

Care to expand? I have two in school, I’d like to know.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Well
The new Ca. Red flag laws can be used.
The law is written where parents of a suspected kid can have their guns seized for 22 days.
I see the law as getting interesting when ex spouses use it to screw their ex’s. No probable cause, just hearsay from one person.
It will get utilized for sure.
Waiting to hear if this .45 was registered to Dad as news initially said it was not.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The metal detectors would hinder some, and slow down others. As I'm sure @LowRiver2 understands, the threat then changes. It seems as most of these young campus shooters are actually reasonably bright...albeit disturbed. It does not take an engineering or chemistry degree to do real damage on a large scale. Every student tends to have a cell phone, so those would not be out of place. They are cheap, and easily used as remote devices. Plastics and liquids...other non-ferrous materials, easily carried in. What about the cars in the student parking lots? Also easily used as weapons, both moving and parked.

I don't know the answers. I know we need to stop the individuals before the attacks are made. Guns are the current tools, but that is subject to change.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Care to expand? I have two in school, I’d like to know.
Passing more laws won't help. Having meetings and bringing in consultants will make people money but won't change a thing. Discipline is the key. The libtards have removed discipline and competition out of the school systems. Why would the outcome be any different then it is.. Shooting up a school is a cry for help, the crying starts way before the shooting starts and the suicide at the end is a moment of clarity. We have professional people in our schools that do nothing proactive. Like I said before, everyone knows who the shooter is going to be but, no one will do anything to stop it. Public schools can not be saved.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Passing more laws won't help. Having meetings and bringing in consultants will make people money but won't change a thing. Discipline is the key. The libtards have removed discipline and competition out of the school systems. Why would the outcome be any different then it is.. Shooting up a school is a cry for help, the crying starts way before the shooting starts and the suicide at the end is a moment of clarity. We have professional people in our schools that do nothing proactive. Like I said before, everyone knows who the shooter is going to be but, no one will do anything to stop it. Public schools can not be saved.
The only thing in this I don't know if I agree with is the last part. I don't think public schools can be saved if left as they are. They are run by the wrong people. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope the schools can be saved.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
The only thing in this I don't know if I agree with is the last part. I don't think public schools can be saved if left as they are. They are run by the wrong people. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope the schools can be saved.
I've worked on school committees for 35 years. I could write a book on all the back room going on's in the schools. Because of precedent of laws in our courts, one Libtard can turn a whole school system up-side-down if they can shop the right judge. They don't do it because it's right, they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves. The outcome and devastation it causes to others is not important to them. Think about that next time you hear about a school policy change that makes you go, WTF. Private schools are the future. We can have a small public school systems for the losers that get kicked out of every other school.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I've worked on school committees for 35 years. I could write a book on all the back room going on's in the schools. Because of precedent of laws in our courts, one Libtard can turn a whole school system up-side-down if they can shop the right judge. They don't do it because it's right, they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves. The outcome and devastation it causes to others is not important to them. Think about that next time you hear about a school policy change that makes you go, WTF. Private schools are the future. We can have a small public school systems for the losers that get kicked out of every other school.
It's not solely the libtards, though a vast majority. To say private schools are the only way to go...? The business of education is just that, a business. Anyone who thinks otherwise is blind. From the back room dealings for ciriculum and supporting literature, to the buying and selling of software and hardware...not the the most legitimate dealings. The greasing of palms for construction and repairs of both private and public schools is impressive as well.

To act as if a private school is better, based only on the title, is ignoring one common factor the two share. The humans running the place. Even in private schools, there are issues... I have one in private, and two in public this year. It depends on the scenario for the student, or the area of the schools. The concept of public schooling is great. The execution, especially in LA, is horrible.

RodnJen

Reaction score

If you've worked boards in public, private, charter school boards for that long, I'm sure you've seen plenty. You stated that they know, and that others are not addressing the issue. Kids are dying, I'd like to know why and what can I do in my community to reduce the likelihood of tragedy.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
If you've worked boards in public, private, charter school boards for that long, I'm sure you've seen plenty. You stated that they know, and that others are not addressing the issue. Kids are dying, I'd like to know why and what can I do in my community to reduce the likelihood of tragedy.

As a parent, there is little you can do. Nikolas Cruz was visited by the police 39 times and the school parents were threaten with a law suit for complaining about what was going to happen.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I think a better description would be heavily suspect to who the unstable kids are and might have a burning fuse. To me it's having open communication with the kids. That isn't happening like it should in too many cases. All the zero tolerance policies tend to shut down the lines of communication and divide kids from adults unlike in the past.

Trust for adults isn't there like it used to be. When I was in school, there was far better communication and trust between students and teachers in my opinion. And more so between parents and teachers. Today's world seems far more divided and simple informational facts aren't shared.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I think a better description would be heavily suspect to who the unstable kids are and might have a burning fuse. To me it's having open communication with the kids. That isn't happening like it should in too many cases. All the zero tolerance policies tend to shut down the lines of communication and divide kids from adults unlike in the past.

Trust for adults isn't there like it used to be. When I was in school, there was far better communication and trust between students and teachers in my opinion. And more so between parents and teachers. Today's world seems far more divided and simple informational facts aren't shared.

Could be. I’ve never been a fan of the zero tolerance policies either.