WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF 90+ decibel Mustangs and Chargers

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL is this the sad millennial version of our muscle car era?

Im thinking that car isn't really any quicker, just annoying.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
LOL is this the sad millennial version of our muscle car era?

Im thinking that car isn't really any quicker, just annoying.
Especially when they do it to a 6 cylinder engined car. The Challengers and Camaros are the worst offenders.

You know how I can tell you’re gay.....?

Husqy510

Reaction score
The V8 version of those cars are way faster than the old muscle cars, but I agree the aftermarket exhaust is too loud. I added what was supposed to be a mild exhaust and it's borderline obnoxious above 5k.

4Waters

Reaction score
LOL, its actually pretty old but shit still makes me laugh. Credit to the little bastards that thought of that. First time I watched it my side hurt
I just sent it to my buddy that was/is a diehard Honda guy but I first sent it to one of his guys that he supervises :D

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Its getting ridiculous. Whats with the exotic cars now set to kill on the tunes with the gunshot exhausts? Its sounds fucking stupid.

All these young kids love the back fire and pop. I don't get it. I always think it sounds like the tune is wrong.

This is what a car should sound like. One of the best sounding cars around.
Go to about 2:30 in. Nothing like a small block Ford at close to 8000rpm with clutchless Jerico shifts!!! OMG!!!

4Waters

Reaction score
All these young kids love the back fire and pop. I don't get it. I always think it sounds like the tune is wrong.

Go to about 2:30 in. Nothing like a small block Ford at close to 8000rpm with clutchless Jerico shifts!!! OMG!!!

Fuk yeah but I think that's might be over 8k.

As far as the backfire goes my dad had a 65 F250 428 with a 3 on the tree and I loved accelerating letting off the gas clutch out and turn the key off:D then turn the key back on as I was passing someone walking down the street and watch them damn near SHIT their pants;) fucking good times

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

As far as the backfire goes my dad had a 65 F250 428 with a 3 on the tree and I loved accelerating letting off the gas clutch out and turn the key off:D then turn the key back on as I was passing someone walking down the street and watch them damn near SHIT their pants;) fucking good times

Yeah, that is probably a 30k small block in that thing. 9k is more like it I'm sure!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
You know, there’s something about the way a big block Chevy sounds when you’re getting on it.

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score

That shit was the best! 77 Silverado all day long. I used to be able to do it on a propane forklift we had at work too. Got my first write up for that shit. My boss was laughing but said the dude I scared already had a hearing aid (we used to call him def jam) . I said well stop buying cheap propane- still got the write up. Young and dumb, then several promotions later I run the whole building and I get the remember when you used to do this....LOL nope sure don't

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Well, the turbo Raptor aftermarket exhausts leave a lot to be desired as well, lol

2Driver

Reaction score
Its hard to beat the sound of a lone trophy truck coming from a mile out or maybe a flatty idling out.

bonesfab

Reaction score
There are two of those locally that annoy me. The neighbor across the street has one. All hours of the night. It doesn’t even sound cool. And then one close to my shop. Loud and annoying. And you could always tell the v-6 Camaro with a flowmaster. The worst sounding car ever.

gqchris

Reaction score

That sounds amazing. This is my current favorite sound. the Novitec 812 Superfast. No backfires, all scream!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
5447FC95-CA05-418F-92AF-D54794AC7E0B.jpeg
Speaking of Chargers, the new 2020 Charger Hellcat widebody does look pretty bad ass.

riverroyal

Reaction score
My 2019 X3 M pops and snaps like crazy. Bone stock. I like it

77charger

Reaction score
Even the new v 8s dont sound all that good compared to an 80s early 90s model fox body 5.0 with flowmasters.Im not a ford guy but that sound was great.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I'll have yall know my FoxBox is running at least 125dcb running original Flowmaster 40's

Not that super 40 bullshit!
20180622_205543-1.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
Always liked the deep rumble of Mopars;). My 1972 challenger had a great rumble at idle with the OEM exhaust with sweet sound when pushed hard.My 1999 viper had a anemic sound being choked by OEM cats, resonators and the single muffler in the back. Had to cut the cats out, reason being, it was getting plugged up and the one on the left overheated to the point, it started burning the paint off the sill.:eek: Also. replaced the rear muffler with two s/s free flow Magnaflows.Now, the car has a nice deep rumble at idle and cruising speeds, only getting up to allowable limits at the track.On downshifts, it throws a nice flame, to show for whom ever is behind.