WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

24 Schiada twin 300R’s! First water test

PlanB

Reaction score
If Schiada builds (and rigs) the boat they blue print the bottom of the boat before it is rigged. After they blue print the bottom they speed coat it.

Boats will pull out of molds and always have variances.. Schiada is the only mfg I am aware of that blue prints each boat.

If you purchase a blank hull from them it is an option if you want them to blue print it or not.

My Skater was. I would be surprised if they don’t do this to all their hulls. One of the reasons I would not beach it in the channel.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Ok
What do these compare to tho?

More important question. How many girls are gonna want to get in the thing in the channel? Bet you can get more with a deck boat or eliminator with bass motors?

Oh how dare you. These don't go in the channel. They usually don't leave heated garages. :D

BTW, this boat is bad ass. You have to crawl through one when you have a chance. Proper craftsmanship isn't subjective.

hallett21

Reaction score
Ok

More important question. How many girls are gonna want to get in the thing in the channel? Bet you can get more with a deck boat or eliminator with bass motors?

High dollar boats attract dudes lol.

Bathroom, loungers, shade, blender & AC attracts chicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Ok

Schiadas are the Tri5 of the boat world. Imagine walking into a high end builder and wanting a custom one off hotrod.....It's going to cost you

That is what a Schiada is......It's an exclusive club for people that don't need but want a special piece.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Schiadas are the Tri5 of the boat world. Imagine walking into a high end builder and wanting a custom one off hotrod.....It's going to cost you

That is what a Schiada is......It's an exclusive club for people that don't need but want a special piece.

I've thought of them as the 32 ford of the boat world. I can appreciate them for what they are but 95% of people look at them as say "Why would I want that little boat from 1972?".

BamBam

Reaction score
Is there a ballast tank up front?

Yes there is a ballast tank. A whole bunch of other stuff was also moved up front as well. The batteries, trim pumps etc. were placed up there (way forward) to help offset the weight.

spectras only

Reaction score
Love the lines of the 24 Schiada [ some would remember Tony's white&burgundy resto project, my favourite? ] but, installing ballast tank up front [ should only be in rollbar boats:p imho ] to dealing with the extra weight in the back and find find best center of gravity is not my liking. So, the tanks need to be pumped full for take off only or the amount of water needs to be monitored maintaining balance? Bow steer comes to mind if the tank is loaded up under way from moderate to high speeds. Are there bulkhead baffles in the tank stopping water from sloshing around? I think my build would stick with one bad azz single engine with these.;)

hallett21

Reaction score
Test photos look like Naci

stoker22405

Reaction score
Yes there is a ballast tank. A whole bunch of other stuff was also moved up front as well. The batteries, trim pumps etc. were placed up there (way forward) to help offset the weight.

In the video on this thread...Does anybody know if there is water in the ballast tank?

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
I was thinking the opposite...water conditions would not deem the ballast tank be used. :)

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Not crazy about the cowls they look like an afterthought. Paint em to match the boat? Don't know. Either way this is an awesome package. The blue wood deck 24 is still my all time favorite.

franky

Reaction score
I've thought of them as the 32 ford of the boat world. I can appreciate them for what they are but 95% of people look at them as say "Why would I want that little boat from 1972?".
Have you ever owned one? Have you ever been in one? I didn't think so......

Gelcoater

Reaction score
They are a boutique builder that only builds about 12 boats a year. Each one is custom ordered to the customers specs. This particular boat is a carbon boat so it’s extremely rigid and light weight. The rigging is all one off and in the tens etc..

Honestly for what they build a schiada’s prices are pretty reasonable.
This thread is disappointing, Dave.
Not one pic of the rigging??? WTF?

To me that’s a big piece of what a Schiada is. They still hand fab all their stuff as far as I know.

The gel is nothing phenomenal, same schemes they used 40 years ago.

No interior shots either?
They do their own interiors also if I recall? And what of it I saw last time I was there was stellar.

And, how come they never post in the from the mold section? Did they infuse this hull? Is there wood?

Will there be a write up on it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This thread is disappointing, Dave.
Not one pic of the rigging??? WTF?

To me that’s a big piece of what a Schiada is. They still hand fab all their stuff as far as I know.

The gel is nothing phenomenal, same schemes they used 40 years ago.

No interior shots either?
They do their own interiors also if I recall? And what of it I saw last time I was there was stellar.

And, how come they never post in the from the mold section? Did they infuse this hull? Is there wood?

Will there be a write up on it?

I’ll grind Stan and get some more pics.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The boat is balanced with the ballast tank empty. The purpose of the ballast tank is to add displacement in rough water conditions (ocean etc).

Lee was telling me as well that if you look at the pics the boat is rubbing neutral. No positive trim or negative and it’s right where it needs to be.

stoker22405

Reaction score
The boat is balanced with the ballast tank empty. The purpose of the ballast tank is to add displacement in rough water conditions (ocean etc).

Lee was telling me as well that if you look at the pics the boat is rubbing neutral. No positive trim or negative and it’s right where it needs to be.

Were the K planes also neutral in that video?

farmo83

Reaction score
Wait time and cost? Not that this is in my wheelhouse whatsoever, but I was just curious.
I talked to Lee at Desert Storm and he said they were booked up to 3 years out on fully rigged boats. No idea what this cost.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Nice looking boat. But I do have to say $225, that seems kinda crazy. Considering they are outboards. I would assume less rigging is required? I could see maybe $150.

Also probably not allot of tech in the boat or am I wrong?

hallett21

Reaction score
Stoked to hear this will run in the big blue.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Nice looking boat. But I do have to say $225, that seems kinda crazy. Considering they are outboards. I would assume less rigging is required? I could see maybe $150.

Also probably not allot of tech in the boat or am I wrong?

You have a roll bar boat the hell you know?!

Buy this if you want middle aged grown men to drop there board shorts.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
You have a roll bar boat the hell you know?!

Buy this if you want middle aged grown men to drop there board shorts.

I'm going to assume you are just being sarcastic with that statement.

If not then pound sand! :cool:

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Earlier discussions were about how the weight of the outboards would affect this boat. They are a little low in the ass end with a single outdrive so I think everyone was just wondering about the final stance at rest in the water
My 24 IO is alot low in the stern at rest. I know the outboards are set much further back, batteries and other equipment is also mounted forward on this new rig but it sits similar to mine based on the pic.

spectras only

Reaction score
Two 300R OB are 1050lbs dry, Add transom assemblies with trim etc..... must weigh more than a single Merc 575 I/O @1260lbs. Hanging past the transom, putting weight so much further than a single I/O setup, no wonder locating stuff inside the boat needed much thinking and calculation.
As was mentioned that the boat is meant to run in the ocean. How fast they want to run it with water pumped into the ballast tank? I need to adjust drives and tabs in plus two to three foot chop to smooth out the ride, running over 50 mph to make it comfortable, because of the heavy azz of my boat. Have true 24* deadrise and weighs quite bit. Is the 24 Schiada really only 22 feet as it seems in pictures? My 20 Spectra was actually 20'10, the 24 was 24'6" .

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Two 300R OB are 1050lbs dry, Add transom assemblies with trim etc..... must weigh more than a single Merc 575 I/O @1260lbs. Hanging past the transom, putting weight so much further than a single I/O setup, no wonder locating stuff inside the boat needed much thinking and calculation.
As was mentioned that the boat is meant to run in the ocean. How fast they want to run it with water pumped into the ballast tank? I need to adjust drives and tabs in plus two to three foot chop to smooth out the ride, running over 50 mph to make it comfortable, because of the heavy azz of my boat. Have true 24* deadrise and weighs quite bit. Is the 24 Schiada really only 22 feet as it seems in pictures? My 20 Spectra was actually 20'10, the 24 was 24'6" .
They are like 23 and change. I have done one measurement by myself, while drinking and it’s definitely not 24.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You forgot to add the few hundred pounds for the drive on that 575.

It's always easier to move the CG forward in a boat than to move it backwards (both with ballast as well as trim and tabs). That, coupled with the on-the-fly adjustability of the engine angle and height and reduced parasitic loss of 1 less 90 degree turn of the driveline results in much more efficient performance of an outboard boat.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
575/600 engine 990lbs. Complete package > Weight: (lbs/kg) 1267/575;)
Most of that 1267 lbs is front of the transom.
Only a V-drive with 10* shaft angle would have better CG of a 24 Schiada,vs I/O or Outboards hanging off the transom.
3765266_0_200220112008_1.jpg

Last edited:

HST4ME

Reaction score
Ain't none of you homos that are bitching that could afford the rig anyhoo....let alone one in the current state that could out run it in a singular water test.:D

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
575/600 engine 990lbs. Complete package > Weight: (lbs/kg) 1267/575;)
Most of that 1267 lbs is front of the transom.
Only a V-drive with 10* shaft angle would have better CG of a 24 Schiada,vs I/O or Outboards hanging off the transom.
3765266_0_200220112008_1.jpg
I looked up the weight of a 565 before and I swore it said that was the engine weight alone. I guess I was wrong on that.

CG nearest the transom is best for overall performance because it allows the hull to free up and run drier. You can always fill the ballast tank or drop the tabs to force the bow down for slop. Hence why it takes close to 4 digit power to get a 24 Schiada over the century mark with a V-drive.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
yeah, my 24 Spectra v-drive was well balanced, taken off with no need of aids like tabs, ran like it was on rails.But, sadly it had a n/a LS-6 with half the HP [ 415 ] that needed to go faster.:p Just like Schiadas, it was a tank.:eek::D If I had a I/O on it to trim the nose up more, I probably would have kept it.;)

CG further back with twins in my Mirage, does help freeing up the hull, but need neg tab anywhere slower than 30 to keep it level.:(

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
I think. a 27 Schiada with twin 400's or 450's would be the bomb.;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't wanna say no names...

But some people like to compare em to Stokers. ;)

Beautiful boat. I'm with Larry. I wanna see how the interior is laid out as well. Must be all kinds of useable room!

HST4ME

Reaction score
Curious to where it will pull a 4000 rpm cruise mph as that is kinda the sweet spot for those motors.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
I don't wanna say no names...

But some people like to compare em to Stokers. ;)

Beautiful boat. I'm with Larry. I wanna see how the interior is laid out as well. Must be all kinds of useable room!
I thought Stoker and Shiada were the same?;)

farmo83

Reaction score
yeah, my 24 Spectra v-drive was well balanced, taken off with no need of aids like tabs, ran like it was on rails.But, sadly it had a n/a LS-6 with half the HP [ 415 ] that needed to go faster.:p Just like Schiadas, it was a tank.:eek::D If I had a I/O on it to trim the nose up more, I probably would have kept it.;)

CG further back with twins in my Mirage, does help freeing up the hull, but need neg tab anywhere slower than 30 to keep it level.:(

A family friend had a Spectra 24 with a 1000hp TT setup in it and he had the bottom blueprinted and speed coated by Rudy Ramos. That thing hauled the mail and was rock solid at any speed.

He kept an LS-6 in the barn as a back up when he had troubles with the turbo setup.