WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How do I attack this? SirrusXM bill just arrived.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What kinda Discount to I go for?

They want $247.52 one car, one year.

What do I say when I get the Pakistani on the phone?

sintax

Reaction score
tell them you want to switch to just the online service, and stream it via BT from your phone.

Reactions: TPC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You want to cancel-period. Then go thru the BS and blah blah blah. I just re-upped 2 cars all access premium for $120. It was $60 a car

This.

Just tell them you want the retention department.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Cancel . Call back and ask for biggest discount plan . When they ask for cc # , tell them to bill you and you’ll write check . If you don’t like first offer , hang up and call back , you’ll get someone else . Good luck !

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
And you say-
apu.png
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

hold_j

Reaction score
I just tell them I want to cancel not going to pay that money for it and then they offer way cheaper deals to stay lol. I call them every 6 months for the 6 months for 35$. They’ll refund the difference back to the card. Been doing it for years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVRKID

Reaction score
Yep tell them you want to cancel you aren't spending that much for radio, they will say you have been a good customer and they will lower it.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Cancel . Call back and ask for biggest discount plan . When they ask for cc # , tell them to bill you and you’ll write check . If you don’t like first offer , hang up and call back , you’ll get someone else . Good luck !

this definitely don't give them a CC, so they can't auto charge.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
OK, I'm dialing them now,,,,,

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This is going to be a long and grueling process,,,

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
There is a prompt to cancel. When person comes on line say you can’t afford it at the renewal rate. They’ll throw out an offer. Decline and say that’s still out of my budget. They’ll give you another rate, which is better. Take this 2nd offer. Or cancel altogether, and they’ll hound your email and mailbox with better offers. Frankly, I think Amazon Prime Unlimited is way better as I realized I enjoy listening to full albums not a list of a few dozen songs over and over.

It’s stupid you have to do this.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any key know if they still have the comedy channel? Which station is it?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Every time they transfer me they want all my info again,, and again,,

riverroyal

Reaction score
I disagreed with my kids about dropping it. They said it was a waste. I finally did about 2 years ago
Pandora first, now Spotify. Fuck satellite radio. It’s crap compared to the other options. I didn’t believe until I switched for a few months

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Got it on all the other vehicles too.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
just keep saying "cancel"

you'll get transfered to about 40 different reps, managers, global directors of marketing, etc... they'll all try to offer you this and that.

then when someone actually is going to cancel you say "oh hey i see on your website you're offering it for 5 a month for 12 months... i want that"

the cancelation representative is the only one with the big buttons to keep you.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 11.35.35 AM.png

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It really is a Carnival.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I need to call SuddenLink and Directv right now to do this same thing.. my retention discounts have lapsed.

Swain

Reaction score
They had charged my card and I did t know. Called them and got refunded $140 and they put me back on to a promo for 4.95 a month. Was really easy

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
They tried that on me last year. I called to cancel the service. Got a call back within the day offering me $60 for the year.

Deven45

Banned
Reaction score
What kinda Discount to I go for?

They want $247.52 one car, one year.

What do I say when I get the Pakistani on the phone?
Just call them and keep telling you want cancel until you can get them down low enough my girlfriend just got hers for 5 bucks a month

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I don't know how, but on my last 2 Audi's Sirus just kept working after the 6mo. trail. I do pay at the office though since we don't get any radio reception and I'm too lazy to figure out how to hook the stereo to the internet.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to call COX at home and try to cancel. Its' been a few years but works well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just got $50 a month chopped of my Suddenlink bill.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
same dance I've done for years. Just did the $60 for a year dealio.

Yep tell them you want to cancel you aren't spending that much for radio, they will say you have been a good customer and they will lower it.

Englewood

Reaction score
Do this every year.

Tell them I want $5/mo and to be sent a paper bill. When it gets turned off I call back and tell them the same thing. Rinse and repeat. Been doing it for years.

The key is to research the lowest pricing avail and not to provide a CC or they will auto-bill at the highest price.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I just did mine this week as well. Got an email notice that their bill was higher on the credit card. Called and got it back to $4.95 for 12 months.

So lame. Nobody wants to pay $20 a month to listen to the radio in 1 vehicle.

dribble

Reaction score
Do what I did. Tell them you want to cancel until all advertising is eliminated from every station. Then listen to regular radio.

nrbr

Reaction score
They have a new small tactic where they say "ok what channels do you listen to? We can customize a channel package for you " it's more bullshit, you want all the channels for 30$

gqchris

Reaction score
I got tired of the tap dancing with them, and I just have Spotify premium now. I do miss some of the channels on XM but the bullshit they pull isnt worth it IMO.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I got tired of the tap dancing with them, and I just have Spotify premium now. I do miss some of the channels on XM but the bullshit they pull isnt worth it IMO.

It really is a silly game. Just price it right with what it should be and move on. They would probably see an increase in subscribers

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Hey! As an SXM stockholder I object to all the advice being given.

:p

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Completely agree which is why I cancelled my subscription earlier this year and have nor renewed it.

It really is a silly game. Just price it right with what it should be and move on. They would probably see an increase in subscribers

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Fuckers are all the same.. Sirius..directv..dish.. Every month the bill isnt what is should be...gotta waste hours of your life explaining the whole ordeal over and over.. So tired a that bullshit. Give one fuckin set in stone price..and thats it.

Icky

Reaction score
Fuckers are all the same.. Sirius..directv..dish.. Every month the bill isnt what is should be...gotta waste hours of your life explaining the whole ordeal over and over.. So tired a that bullshit. Give one fuckin set in stone price..and thats it.
Most people probably just accept it and pay the bill, that's why they get away with it