WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ghost sale

Mototrig

Reaction score
Rant (Sandy vag this morning)
This pisses me the f#$@ off!!!!
I've run into these people in the past, it's frustrating but it's part of the buying and selling market so we have to just roll with it.

But shit this time it's not just a car stereo or a set of wheels. Also I'd expect this on Craigslist but not on a payable sight sike RV Trader.

I'm looking to upgrade to a larger toy hauler to fit sand toys for a family of 5. Kids are getting bigger and we're getting into full size quads now and also have a mini RZR 170 that travels in the bed of the truck. I finally found a 25' front bathroom rear dual queens hauler with 16' to the first cabinet. I've been looking for a 25-28' hauler like this for a few years.

With cash in hand I'm emailing the buyer and willing to drive 200 miles to Calexico for the deal. Trying to make it happen this weekend. We've emailed a few times so I offer my cell number for better communication and I'm ghosted. No word for three days. A little considering isn't too much to ask for right? I buy and sell a lot and always let people know if something sells or if I'm not interested and usually tell them good luck selling.

Ok I'm over it, just needed to bitch a little.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Yep, just went thru the same thing with a trailer for the SxS. Guy listed it, I said where can I see it. He says Home Depot in Redlands. I say cool, I drive out there and nothing (about an hour for me). I message him-I'm here, Where's the trailer I don't see anything. Got nothing back, message a few more times and nothing. Then a few days later I see him relist it for more.

I said fuck it and just bought a new one. I don't understand why people list shit if they don't want to sell it. When I sell something I go out of my way to respond and accommodate. Why? because I want to sell it!

Magic Mike

Reaction score
They get some action on the listing and think, maybe it's worth more. Their word means nothing to them, peoples wasted time, gas money etc. mean nothing to them, because maybe they could squeeze a little more dinero out of someone...

Mototrig

Reaction score
Yep, just went thru the same thing with a trailer for the SxS. Guy listed it, I said where can I see it. He says Home Depot in Redlands. I say cool, I drive out there and nothing (about an hour for me). I message him-I'm here, Where's the trailer I don't see anything. Got nothing back, message a few more times and nothing. Then a few days later I see him relist it for more.

I said fuck it and just bought a new one. I don't understand why people list shit if they don't want to sell it. When I sell something I go out of my way to respond and accommodate. Why? because I want to sell it!
Yeah I'd be out for blood if I drove 200 mi.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I always call and have a conversation to feel the seller out before putting any effort into a deal off craigslist. Something about a verbal agreement being a form of communication a human can generally still rely on..

Slats

Reaction score
A few years ago I drove from Palmdale to near San Diego to do a deal with a guy for a couple quads for a sand rail. Got down there. Lights are gone. Old rotted paddles. Cracked front tires. And a bunch of other stuff gone. Ask about it. And he says it wasn’t on there. Show him a picture from his ad. He says oh. Ya. That’s a old picture. I sold that stuff a while ago. But when I asked about the stuff before I drove down he said it was all there. Total waste of gas time and a weekend.