Mexico again

Tank

Reaction score
08BE2000-BE12-417A-A1B6-3EF92AB6DCD2.jpeg

:D:D It’s my go to.

Fuck that place.

beerrun

Reaction score
My family and I have personally been in one of those graves and some how lived to tell about it

Tank

Reaction score
I love all the die hard Mexico fans that say, “you just have to go to the nice parts” or “there’s a Costco in the city I go to and it’s totally Americanized and safe....”

until it’s not.

let me point you to exhibit A)

Acapulco

During the 80’s and 90’s it was one of the top 10 tourist destinations in the world. Now? The city is #3 deadliest city.....IN THE WORLD! The Fuckin world!

And don’t counter with oh so is Chicago. Yea, no shit, but you don’t have to travel through back ass country roads with fear of getting blackmailed by the police or worse or getting caught in the crossfire of some rando cartel shootout. And to say the government is corrupt is a slap in the face to “normal” corrupt governments (I.E. all!). Basically the drug cartels are the government.

and what’s the draw anyway? The days of $50 a night killer hotels .25 Coronas and .50 lobster tacos are LOOOOOOOONG gone. Shits just as expensive as going to fuckin Hawaii.

Yep, no thanks. I’ll spend my money elsewhere and not have to worry about returning in a body bag.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
My family and I have personally been in one of those graves and some how lived to tell about it

I think about your story any time a trip to Mexico comes up. I have gone a couple of times since you shared your story, but nowhere near as often as we had been going.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sorry not sure how to link the story. 58 bodies found in mass grave near rocky point. Ya I'm a pussy for not wanting to go back. Be safe everyone that's going down next week for the baja mil.
It is all safe and just fun tourist spots.... Well except your story and the crazy intel briefs I get weekly.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Funny I was just talking to my buddy in AZ this morning and he was telling me I had to fly out and go to Rocky Point with them and that it's a blast. No Thanks!!

spectras only

Reaction score
Back in the good ol' days in Mexico, buddy took his truck and camper to Mexico in the early 70's, parked the truck , coming back to it to find all his wheels were gone, truck on blocks. Didn't take long before a kid comes around telling him, senior, I can tell you for 20 bucks where your wheels are.:D
Was a happy ending, no guns involved.:p:D

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
We were kidnapped in 07
...Wow...you may have already posted it or still be too terrified to tell the story ..:but give us at least the cliff notes...I have experienced and have known people who have experienced some strange shit but nothing like what you just posted...Horry Fook???

Tank

Reaction score
Last edited:

One2go

Reaction score
I live in Mexico now ........so cal... But at least there's some law and order. Well actually not much just check the "Homeless thread"

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My sister-in-law has a trailer at k-55. Been go in there since she was a kid in the 60s.
They've been together 30 years. My brother's pretty heavy into recreational off road.
He's never been there. He says f*** that s***.

Singleton

Reaction score
Sorry not sure how to link the story. 58 bodies found in mass grave near rocky point. Ya I'm a pussy for not wanting to go back. Be safe everyone that's going down next week for the baja mil.

Have family friends pre-running course this weekend

92 cole

Reaction score
curious is that the k-55 off the 5 or the K-55 off the 1.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I would never go to that shit-hole, lawless country. Never never ever.

I go to the Philippines twice a year, great law enforcement, everyone speaks English, and the cops are real thanks to the new president.......most beautiful islands in the world.

If you go to Mexico you are supporting that shit hole politicians and gangs.

I would support hiring assassins to kill 10 gangsters for every American killed.....put a stop to this shit.....hang the gangsters from the town square like they used to do.....fuck them.....you don’t think we could do that.

cofooter

Reaction score
I would never go to that shit-hole, lawless country. Never never ever.

I go to the Philippines twice a year, great law enforcement, everyone speaks English, and the cops are real thanks to the new president.......most beautiful islands in the world.

If you go to Mexico you are supporting that shit hole politicians and gangs.

I would support hiring assassins to kill 10 gangsters for every American killed.....put a stop to this shit.....hang the gangsters from the town square like they used to do.....fuck them.....you don’t think we could do that.
Are you being sarcastic? Your name is Baja Mike...…..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Grew up fishing in Ensenada with my Pops. Good memories. 20 years ago went for the Baja a few times with friends. Also good memories.
Seems times have changed. I have no need to go back. Definitely no reason to take my kids. I get sketched out by the crowds in LA now...pretty sad. I was born and raised just east of LA, and I'm half mexican.
Nope. I'll spend my money here. The mexican food here can be just as good (and a lot cleaner!).

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Had my fun in mexico(tj) when i was a teenager..and that was that. Have no business or desire to ever go back to that rathole! F that!

boatpi

Reaction score
A571A480-C4C1-4085-BAD3-81497E92A125.jpeg
F167807D-1C51-40D2-BF5C-8821ABEBDE28.jpeg
0B4D6CC2-CE30-400B-98EB-5F0882A4B9C1.jpeg
Want a great new reasonable place, clean beaches, diving, 83 degree water, many hotels and some rural, killer surfing, rain forest with rafting. Go to Bali. I go twice a year, NO VISA needed, just 1 bottle of booze/wine per person in luggage, 2 to 5 star hotels. Never had any theft issues, food is a 10. Beer about $1 at hotel. No rental cars, a car and driver is about $11 per hour. Want luxury at a xrazy price, start at Anaya Bali Use Singapore Airlines, non stop food, movies, and open bar. Stoop for a night or or on the way back in Singapore.

https://www.ayana.com/

Last edited:

beerrun

Reaction score
It was our sons 16th birthday. So he will always remember when it happened. 12yrs ago this week. He went back I think 3 times after for work and had to drive home from cabo by himself ( I can't imagine having to do that) he is very successful now and working for the gas company no more racing. No more Mexico for him

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
I cant tell you what it is like to beg for your kids lives.

I remember reading this story when it happened, I still hurt inside for your family. I will tell you this story 12 years ago and others made my mind up, my family has not been to Mexico since!

dave29

Reaction score
We were shooting a movie in Mexico City back in the late 80's. I get picked at the airport up by the producer and there's a guy with a AK in the front seat riding shotgun. We go to the hotel in the Zona Rosa, check in and have lunch. Women with rented babies were begging for pesos to feed their kids that were actually not their kids. Later in the afternoon we went to the location and I stayed about 2 hours and decided to walk back to the hotel. The location was about a mile from the hotel. I tell the producer and he tells me I won't make it 2 blocks before I'm robbed, kidnapped or murdered. He has the guy with the AK drive me back. We get to the hotel and he tells me to stay in the car. He gets out and knocks on the front door of the hotel because it's locked. Who locks their hotels at night? The door opened and I go through the front door. The guard inside the hotel tells me not to open my room door for any reason once I retire. I left the next day. As I said, this was the 80's!
I've been going to Mexico specifically Cabo fishing and surfing since the 70's. It was great but those days are gone now.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
It was our sons 16th birthday. So he will always remember when it happened. 12yrs ago this week. He went back I think 3 times after for work and had to drive home from cabo by himself ( I can't imagine having to do that) he is very successful now and working for the gas company no more racing. No more Mexico for him
Good to hear your son is doing good!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I used to be a Mexico fan. not any more.
The prices in Cabo are not the deals they used to be.

My money goes to Hawaii now.

My buddy keeps urging me to come with him to Nogales on his Harley’s for dental work.
No thanks.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I will never go. My money deserves to be spent in places that deserve it.
Theres no landscape or fun in mexico i cant find elsewhere.

beerrun

Reaction score
Our daughter my be the strongest woman I know next to my wife. That poor girl has been at the mall when a guy pulled a gun right in front of her watched her friend get shot in the face at the Santana school shooting kidnapped in Mexico and now has a husband that had a heart transplant that she is now the main support in the house for. He will never work again. She has a great job and will never go back to Mexico and will not talk about it.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
BR... I'm just glad you're alive to live with that LIFE ALTER experience....

I've never walked in those shoes and pray I will never need to...

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
late 90's.... I had a friend (ex desert racer) tell me about Mexico situations with Racers... I was heading down to Bajamar RV park with my young family, four families caravan together with all the Toys, I had my 97 Ford F350 4X, 27' trailer, quads in the truck... beach front parking in the RV park.... GREAT time!!!!
we were heading back, lefted early hoping to beat the boarder cluster F ...

about 10 miles on our way back, we pass a precheck point staging with 5-6 soldiers (???? Kids with machine guns) they were just setting up.... 5 minutes later... they would of been set up and ... who knows what would of happened....
but one soldier w/gun in hand was staring me down..... as I was driving 100k $$$$ setup down the road....
that was my last drive Mexico trip...

ps, last 10 years, I have been to Cabo 3x (fly) stayed at Pueblo Bonita... had a Great time...

hawgty55

Reaction score
late 90's.... I had a friend (ex desert racer) tell me about Mexico situations with Racers... I was heading down to Bajamar RV park with my young family, four families caravan together with all the Toys, I had my 97 Ford F350 4X, 27' trailer, quads in the truck... beach front parking in the RV park.... GREAT time!!!!
we were heading back, lefted early hoping to beat the boarder cluster F ...

about 10 miles on our way back, we pass a precheck point staging with 5-6 soldiers (???? Kids with machine guns) they were just setting up.... 5 minutes later... they would of been set up and ... who knows what would of happened....
but one soldier w/gun in hand was staring me down..... as I was driving 100k $$$$ setup down the road....
that was my last drive Mexico trip...

ps, last 10 years, I have been to Cabo 3x (fly) stayed at Pueblo Bonita... had a Great time...
Pueblo bonita is the spot! We always have a great time there . They definitely treat there guests great! Place is amazing.

BajaMike

Reaction score
View attachment 817225 View attachment 817226 View attachment 817227 Want a great new reasonable place, clean beaches, diving, 83 degree water, many hotels and some rural, killer surfing, rain forest with rafting. Go to Bali. I go twice a year, NO VISA needed, just 1 bottle of booze/wine per person in luggage, 2 to 5 star hotels. Never had any theft issues, food is a 10. Beer about $1 at hotel. No rental cars, a car and driver is about $11 per hour. Want luxury at a xrazy price, start at Anaya Bali Use Singapore Airlines, non stop food, movies, and open bar. Stoop for a night or or on the way back in Singapore.

https://www.ayana.com/

Sounds great.....gotta go there!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Mexico is too fucked up for me. Canada doesn't have an embargo against Cuba. From here its dirt cheap to go there. Its totally safe, Cubans are afraid to go to jail.

Reactions: TPC